mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:08 AM   #2081 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I'm already prepared to hate the show for what they are going to do to Carl's character. He spent the first two season's being a helpless kid that the group had to constantly account for and watch over....which annoyed me, but it was understandable. Then in season 3 he finally is able to take care of himself, and comes into his own as a Bada$$. But, of course, thats bad. In a zombie apocalypse you shouldnt be that....unless your Daryl, Michonne, Tyrese, etc. So this season its gonna be all about "oh no, Carl is too Bada$$"

so yeah, not looking forward to that all season.
Skipdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:59 PM   #2082 (permalink)
WARNING:I Do Stupid $#!@

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipdogg View Post
I'm already prepared to hate the show for what they are going to do to Carl's character. He spent the first two season's being a helpless kid that the group had to constantly account for and watch over....which annoyed me, but it was understandable. Then in season 3 he finally is able to take care of himself, and comes into his own as a Bada$$. But, of course, thats bad. In a zombie apocalypse you shouldnt be that....unless your Daryl, Michonne, Tyrese, etc. So this season its gonna be all about "oh no, Carl is too Bada$$"

so yeah, not looking forward to that all season.
for all we know though IF carl is thrown into that budding badass you and others may fear hes going to be it may be only a few episodes.. the whole struggle between wrong/right ect..

his father found the happy medium of helping and needing to get **** done when dirty work needs to get done.. hopefully carl finds this happy medium .. just enough of a badass to keep those around him safe,not to much of a bad *** that thinks he can go rouge all the tine and go.missing for days before checking in..
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=170725

My Drinking Team Has A Paintball Problem.
------
I Shot The Sheriff,The Deputy And The Ref.. But We All Knew The Ref Had It Coming.
NoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:26 AM   #2083 (permalink)
Nocturnal

Fan of EMR
Palmers Fan
Spin-off announced for 2015.

Could be great...or could be an absolute train wreck. Same writer, and supposedly not just recycling characters from the original, so I'm looking forward to seeing how it pans out.

AMC Announces Walking Dead Spin-Off Set For 2015

My MCB feedback
LUKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:37 AM   #2084 (permalink)
Badger

Brass N Wood Fan
“The opportunity to make a show that isn't tethered by the events of the comic book, and is truly a blank page, has set my creativity racing." Right... Kirkman has already changed so much from the comics that he shouldn't have to worry about cannon at this point. I enjoy the show. But, consistency was never something he bothered with in the first place.

My Feedback Thread
JonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:47 AM   #2085 (permalink)

Just like with anything great on tv, once the powers that be realize they can make money off of it they are going to just run it into the ground. Look at lost and how wacky that show got midway through.
Steve_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:05 AM   #2086 (permalink)
It's All In The Reflexes.

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_81 View Post
Just like with anything great on tv, once the powers that be realize they can make money off of it they are going to just run it into the ground. Look at lost and how wacky that show got midway through.
Writer's strike.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:56 AM   #2087 (permalink)
Marathoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
Writer's strike.
Ah. Is that what happened? That show went straight to ridiculous about halfway through season 5, IIRC.
Old 09-22-2013, 10:23 AM   #2088 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUKE View Post
Spin-off announced for 2015.

Could be great...or could be an absolute train wreck. Same writer, and supposedly not just recycling characters from the original, so I'm looking forward to seeing how it pans out.

AMC Announces Walking Dead Spin-Off Set For 2015
Actually I thought The Walking Dead was one of the few shows that a spin-off could be really interesting for. There is no reason to assume communication between the groups or anything of that nature. A spin-off in an established universe could be far more interesting than trying to "loosely follow" the comic. I would rather have no expectations of what to expect.

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:24 AM   #2089 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
Actually I thought The Walking Dead was one of the few shows that a spin-off could be really interesting for. There is no reason to assume communication between the groups or anything of that nature. A spin-off in an established universe could be far more interesting than trying to "loosely follow" the comic. I would rather have no expectations of what to expect.
Agree completely
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:24 AM   #2090 (permalink)
Banned

i think it's a big enough canon for the plot to diverge away from the comic, but i believe a spin-off is the wrong way to do it.

how many people watched friends? how many watched joey? spin offs just have a history of failure. often it differs from the original show in some way or another, which the viewer should expect for good reason, but still hung onto the hope that it will be exactly the same as the original, only to be disappointed when they watch it.

then there is the status quo of the canon. it will piss off a lot of people if the events of the spin off contradicts the original. the writers need to make sure the parallel ongoing plots don't conflict, which is probably easy enough for skilled writers, but even when done successfully it still creates another problem.

there will now be 2 shows to follow. it'll be inevitable that eventually one show will have content that alludes to the other. it's not a big deal when it's something trivial, but having seen the 3 seasons and how capable the writers are at sucking, they may make some significant allusions that will be over the heads of people who only follow one show. now those audience are going to become confused.

i am actually fine if the main show goes on to diverge from the comic with no spin offs. i have not read the comics, now i would be able to read them and watch the show without the show spoiling the comic.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat