mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 11-13-2013, 12:22 AM   #2441 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
That is one of the things that bothers me about this show.

We know what Rick and his group when walking around had to do to survive. We understand that Hershcel, by being in an isolated area and having what his group needed, was able to survive without taking some of those steps away from humanity. We saw it in Carol as well

We know how the Governor was able to survive and rule.

What bothers me is I have no idea how Tyreese, or a good share of other who the group crosses paths with survived. These people have been under the same or similar circumstances for as long as Rick's group has.
would more in depth back story to some of the characters alleviate it? i was thinking about that. so many deaths lately and only glen being in danger was a nail biting segment (let's face it we all know rick and carl would pull through)
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:15 PM   #2442 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

Didn't Tyreese and his sister say they had a neighbor with a huge bunker fully stocked, and they lived there for years? Till the stuff ran out...

I seem to remember something like that?

They do need "new" character development... Seems like they would be running into new people more often when out and about.
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:56 PM   #2443 (permalink)
MCB Member

By now I would think that "new" people they encounter are either scouts and scroungers from other groups...or stragglers from groups that could not hold out from a herd or an attack from other groups.

After nearly 2 years after the collapse it is about time to start to consider fortification and eradication of the walker threat. Build up slowly and get some population going... hit the learning centers to try and learn how to make certain items or get them naturally and such...But then that would not be as fun as living moment to moment in fear of herds of walkers and the like.
Brother Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:17 PM   #2444 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Jerry View Post
By now I would think that "new" people they encounter are either scouts and scroungers from other groups...or stragglers from groups that could not hold out from a herd or an attack from other groups.

After nearly 2 years after the collapse it is about time to start to consider fortification and eradication of the walker threat. Build up slowly and get some population going... hit the learning centers to try and learn how to make certain items or get them naturally and such...But then that would not be as fun as living moment to moment in fear of herds of walkers and the like.
it's what they were doing in prison at the season premiere, but the writers said they felt season 3 focused too much on woodbury and wanted season 4 walkers to be more dangerous because they felt that threat was gone..... sometimes, this show....
Old 11-14-2013, 09:50 PM   #2445 (permalink)
Photo Guru

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
So I just caught up on this season's episodes through on-demand. I have to say, it's pretty dull. There will be about 5 minutes of worthy show during an entire episode. Sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:47 PM   #2446 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
So I just caught up on this season's episodes through on-demand. I have to say, it's pretty dull. There will be about 5 minutes of worthy show during an entire episode. Sigh.
THere was 5 minutes for all of season 2, so 5 minutes per episode is not that bad.

Quote:
What bothers me is I have no idea how Tyreese, or a good share of other who the group crosses paths with survived.
THe way I rationalized it was that the walkers seem to move in large packs. Either attracted to each other, or all attracted so the same thing. But that also means there would certaintly be geographical gaps where you won't find any.

People isolated enough could easily escape much trouble, especially if they are already self-sufficient.

Anyway, on a brighter note: Was just watching the "Right Stuff" movie. The actor that plays Herschel, also played a test pilot in that movie... but looks 30 years younger!

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:29 PM   #2447 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post
Didn't Tyreese and his sister say they had a neighbor with a huge bunker fully stocked, and they lived there for years? Till the stuff ran out...

I seem to remember something like that?

They do need "new" character development... Seems like they would be running into new people more often when out and about.
thats why we will get abraham in next season.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:35 AM   #2448 (permalink)
Banned

i have been thinking, maybe character development isn't lacking, maybe they're just developed into uninteresting characters.

tyrese from the on set has been established as a totally capable survivor but totally incapable of reading people. he has on many occasions showed all his hands to the governor for the entire season 3, only toward the very end to start keeping things to himself out of distrust.

this is the same flaw that plagued andrea. from what i heard she is a totally competent character in the comic. yet, writers for some reason have the urge to make her oblivious to everything. she was oblivious to the fact that she was aiming at daryl. she was oblivious to the fact that shane was a ****ing psychopath. she was oblivious for the entire season that the governor is nuts, even AFTER seeing the jars of heads. a totally capable character, totally rendered incompetent at the whim of the writers for reasons unknown.

this is an old trick in the horror movie book. totally oblivious victim falling for things that are shown to the the audience. it's a total cliche now and simply frustrating to watch.

and it may be that obliviousness, that dramatic irony, that makes audience not care for those characters. especially andrea, who is oblivious to things that not only the audience, but other characters, could sense right off the bat.

and now they are doing it with tyrese, oblivious to carol/some kid being the killer.

and what the **** kind of psycho kid grows up surrounded by zombies and thinks they are friends? that's a new level of obliviousness.

see, when glenn was in danger, i cared, because he isn't an idiot. when the walker grabbed daryl, i cared, because he's also competent. when that guy from episode 1 flailing his gun about died, i didn't give 2 ****s, because he's ****ing dumb with guns even though it wasn't the writer's intention.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:24 AM   #2449 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
i have been thinking, maybe character development isn't lacking, maybe they're just developed into uninteresting characters
you are right on that if they took to time on character development it would make series way longer and not so fast. it would slow down the show since have to go into more details of people and less what on in jail. since to many people to character development story lines air and less what really happen around place and out side. less is more. and more can be less. so if they went route to touch all all people we would have whole season of going over all character. and story would not move on much just going over people so we would get about whole season base on 2 to 3 days of stuff since explaining character development of new people.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:01 AM   #2450 (permalink)
Memento mori.

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
I'm amazed to see no comments here after last nights show. Is everyone stunned into silence?
Finnigan is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat