mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 11-20-2013, 09:26 PM   #2511 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
i believe the only sensible reaction from the prison group in any encounter with the governor would be to kill on sight, except if the governor having a large army behind him.

they can always explain to his current followers what he did and that he was dangerous. if they don't believe the prison group, it's actually no sweat off the prison groups back. in fact they should frisk everyone if i had a say in it. i've said it before, i find rick's treatment of the governor's "innocent" citizens to be dangerously lax. he just takes people's words for it that they didn't know what the governor was doing. no precautions whatsoever.

basically, what michonne said when tyrese asked her. her answer is the only reaction i would find logical. remember, governor drew first blood. this is a conflict he began. as a member of the prison group, everyone has every reason to believe that he will try again after rebuilding. the governor even said so himself when teaching chess. the game's not over as long as you still have the king.

of course, i'm saying this is what i would accept to be a logical outcome, not what i am predicting the show to actually do. knowing the writing skills of the show's writers....

if he actively avoids the prison group? then realistically he would survive. as a viewer i would not get any closure. that closure was already dangled in front of us like bait and then promptly taken away once before, at the finale of season 3. it would just be foolish if that result escaped a second time without upsetting anyone.

someone said earlier that the governor is starting to become a minor hindrance instead of this great villain he was meant to be. actively avoiding the prison group would make him seem even smaller.
you also forgot the fact when he took his new group away from that place. when he found his old group they said your not in charge any more i am. so they do something up with him not being charge of his old group. so will lead to rift at some point. also the fact he still trying to get over fact what happen to him and what he did to his own people like he did comic book. there still chance he goes back with his old group but not in charge but try to make peace or try take it over.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:32 PM   #2512 (permalink)
WARNING:I Do Stupid $#!@

I guess the Govs not happy with Martinez..

FooooooooOOOORE!
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=170725

My Drinking Team Has A Paintball Problem.
------
I Shot The Sheriff,The Deputy And The Ref.. But We All Knew The Ref Had It Coming.
NoX13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:02 PM   #2513 (permalink)
Post Whore

just like comic book he going back to jail to what he wants.. so it looks like going to end like comic did with governor.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:09 PM   #2514 (permalink)
WARNING:I Do Stupid $#!@

yep.. obviously wont be exact, but goddamn its gonna be good..
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=170725

My Drinking Team Has A Paintball Problem.
------
I Shot The Sheriff,The Deputy And The Ref.. But We All Knew The Ref Had It Coming.
NoX13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:08 PM   #2515 (permalink)
Post Whore

the other main issue for the show is. next week is last show in till next year. when they finish season off. so it might make people unhappy with it. since only did like 8 show this year and last 8 next year in feb. if show was not good as people said it was this season. they might lose them when season picks back up in feb.

Last edited by chrislognshot; 11-24-2013 at 11:13 PM.
chrislognshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:42 AM   #2516 (permalink)
Banned

i feel bittersweet about this episode.

on one hand i'm glad the writers aren't redeeming the governor.

on the other hand, they did say they felt the story focused too much on woodbury in season 3 and wanted to focus more on other dangers this season, and yet here we are again, in woodberry season 2, the writers completely went back on their words here.

that brother deserved to die, i mean really? you haughtily volunteer to lead by your lonesome? then you show your incompetence by choosing the newest addition to your community as 2nd in command? are you joffrey?

but i really hate this dramatic irony crap they constantly pull with the governor. he's CONVINCING WOMEN AND CHILDREN to attack another community. TWICE. and the only reason they buy it is because they are oblivious to him being a sick mother ****er? really? he wants you to invade another community and you don't think something is wrong with him? twice? people in this story are this oblivious? writers are slacking off again.

Last edited by heinous; 11-25-2013 at 01:45 AM.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:45 AM   #2517 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

The lack of continuity is annoying. Its like the writers spent all of last episode attempting to develop a character in a shocking way that was really intriguing. Then they spent all of last night's episode undoing it.
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 07:18 AM   #2518 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
The lack of continuity is annoying. Its like the writers spent all of last episode attempting to develop a character in a shocking way that was really intriguing. Then they spent all of last night's episode undoing it.
Agreed, just when I actually had hope they were going to do something somewhat different, we're back on the Woodbury train again...
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:49 AM   #2519 (permalink)
MCB Member

Yeah the writers tried to give you hope...that the governor could change....get you to like him...heck even root for him...then have him turn again when given power. His struggle with power and how it corrupted him initially...even Rodriguez mentioned last season that he used to not be as ruthless as he ended up being.

Not certain how any of that equates to bad writing?

The fact that people are willing to follow him again...he is the type of person that is apparently very charismatic...and a person who is very capable of convincing the masses that he has lots of hope and change and can lead them out of dreary times to someplace safe.

It became apparent that Rodriguez was the only one of that group that really had any experience with walkers...by the sheer panic in the actions of everyone in the cabin. So you tend to get the feeling that those people were sheep...and pretty much willing to follow anyone that came along and showed any signs of leadership...I mean they accepted Rodriguez and he apparently is pretty much a tool.
Brother Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:09 AM   #2520 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Jerry View Post
Yeah the writers tried to give you hope...that the governor could change....get you to like him...heck even root for him...then have him turn again when given power. His struggle with power and how it corrupted him initially...even Rodriguez mentioned last season that he used to not be as ruthless as he ended up being.

Not certain how any of that equates to bad writing?

The fact that people are willing to follow him again...he is the type of person that is apparently very charismatic...and a person who is very capable of convincing the masses that he has lots of hope and change and can lead them out of dreary times to someplace safe.

It became apparent that Rodriguez was the only one of that group that really had any experience with walkers...by the sheer panic in the actions of everyone in the cabin. So you tend to get the feeling that those people were sheep...and pretty much willing to follow anyone that came along and showed any signs of leadership...I mean they accepted Rodriguez and he apparently is pretty much a tool.
It equates to bad writing in that I still spend some time watching the show. I like to see a plot that moves. They spent two hours going from point A to point B to point A. Point B seemed really interesting and the trip seemed worth it. It was not once we got back to A

Edit: It would have been one thing if this was done as "part of" but they took hours away from the plot that I was interested in to show this sub-plot. It would have been nice to have seen some of the going on in the prison. Instead I feel like they were trying to fill something in while the main actors were on vacation or something.
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed

Last edited by Lohman446; 11-25-2013 at 09:29 AM.
Lohman446 is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat