mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 11-28-2013, 08:37 PM   #2561 (permalink)
WARNING:I Do Stupid $#!@

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post
Just saw the preview on talking dead...

I now say Hershel and Shimoan are going to be kidnapped by the governor...
Go back a page or two to some of my posts... May explain a bit
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=170725

My Drinking Team Has A Paintball Problem.
------
I Shot The Sheriff,The Deputy And The Ref.. But We All Knew The Ref Had It Coming.
NoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 09:13 PM   #2562 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
who??
Michonne

I'm bad with names...

Nox13,

yeah, I think you are definitely on to something...

In the preview they said something like "but you have their people"...

That is why I think Michonne and Hershel get kidnapped when he is looking at them outside the fence and has his gun...

I REALLY don't want them to kill Michonne as she is one of my favorite characters, (even if I do forget her name! haha).
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 10:01 PM   #2563 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post

I REALLY don't want them to kill Michonne as she is one of my favorite characters, (even if I do forget her name! haha).
she's probably a difficult character for the incompetent writers to write into the story. they seem barely able to write cookie cutter characters, and michonne is vastly more unique. they did the same thing with andrea, a supposedly badass character written into a series of failures. more subtly, carol. note that none of carol's plans have ever worked. she had horrible taste in husbands. she couldn't keep her daughter safe and close. she couldn't convince andrea to kill the governor. she couldn't convince merle he had a chance. now she's killed 2 people to stop the virus and it didn't work.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 08:39 PM   #2564 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
she's probably a difficult character for the incompetent writers to write into the story. they seem barely able to write cookie cutter characters, and michonne is vastly more unique. they did the same thing with andrea, a supposedly badass character written into a series of failures. more subtly, carol. note that none of carol's plans have ever worked. she had horrible taste in husbands. she couldn't keep her daughter safe and close. she couldn't convince andrea to kill the governor. she couldn't convince merle he had a chance. now she's killed 2 people to stop the virus and it didn't work.
if they did get rid of michonne. it would take tv show in whole new direction. base on where comics book series is at now. other thing you have to think about is Abraham is coming soon. he will shake up storyline with gov and rest of show for awhile.
Old 11-29-2013, 08:59 PM   #2565 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislognshot View Post
if they did get rid of michonne. it would take tv show in whole new direction. base on where comics book series is at now. other thing you have to think about is Abraham is coming soon. he will shake up storyline with gov and rest of show for awhile.
i don't know who that is. i never read the comics. therefor i also don't know how closely they are sticking to it.

i do know the show likes to only keep 1 character of each type and kill off everyone else.
Old 11-30-2013, 02:06 PM   #2566 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
I can't remember now, I thought Abraham came in post prison? In the comics they are like 2 living situations later/after the prison where I stopped reading. There is sooo much more to go and do still.

But I could see the show trying to stick to the prison set for longer to get their money's worth.

As far as only keeping one character type around... I'd say Abraham's role is already taken in the show, and not by Michonne.

Do they have a crack shot sniper in the show yet? Cause in the comic that was Andrea. She was a bad ***.
dundadun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 05:50 PM   #2567 (permalink)
Banned

i thought about the governor's speech about how being heroes always fail. he's either delusional or the writers are, i'm not sure which.

the whole brother protecting him thing? he got his brother in trouble in the first place. his brother the hero would never have gotten into trouble if the governor himself didn't give him cigarettes in the first place. the beating wasn't the brother's fault, it was the gov's.

and now, years past, right in front of him is rick, the hero, with his son, in a save haven so safe that the gov wants it badly, while the gov is on his own and was his goodwill in the first place that got him a surrogate family, and yet he still thinks being "good" doesn't do anything.

it's ridiculous. the proof of his faulty logic is right in front of him numerous times and i don't know if he's rationalizing, or if that line is in the comics i never read where he possibly didn't fall as hard and would make his logic more sensible because the writers pulled it straight into the show without factoring in any changes they already made to the canon. someone who read the comic would know though, but i don't deem this an important enough point to spoil the story for myself...
Old 12-01-2013, 06:30 PM   #2568 (permalink)
WARNING:I Do Stupid $#!@

2 1/2 hours..

Not in any real order but just some ideas.

Already have an idea hershel and michonne get taken hostage.

Hershal dies.
Carl takes the first shots that start the battle
Carols pseudo daughter does
Othes die
Gov dies
Govs pseudo daughter does
pseudo daughter two does,if she doesn't her new found girl friend does
Maggie's sister does
Judith dies
Tyresse dies
Sascha dies
Daryl goes of to find carol if she doesn't find her way back to the battle (don't think she will)

A lot is gonna happen but those are some of my predictions
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=170725

My Drinking Team Has A Paintball Problem.
------
I Shot The Sheriff,The Deputy And The Ref.. But We All Knew The Ref Had It Coming.
NoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:45 PM   #2569 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaplainBane View Post
Prepare to be disappointed. The problem with a zombie TV show is the fact that regardless of how good/bad the writing is, and how many stars you put in it, if you want the zombies to look good, the FX budget will make it a financial liability. My guess, if it makes it to production, it lasts half a season or less.
So wrong.
zigenscarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:04 PM   #2570 (permalink)
Mar
All nail Drum!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
F@CK YOU GoVERNoR!
Mar is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat