mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 03-16-2014, 11:59 PM   #2841 (permalink)
WARNING:I Do Stupid $#!@

Holy mother of wow..

I called the Lizzy thing with the rats and Karen an Dave and such.. I had ideas someone was going to die by her hand but didn't really see her sister thrown in there..

I really really wouldn't have thought it was carol,I figured she was covering for Lizzy..

I believe I called someone killing Lizzy to stop her ..

And Tyresse handled it a ton better than I thought he would have but I think it's becuase she came to him and was honest a he saw er intentions were good and to help the group..

It's crazy to see everything having happend so fat with two episodes left..

And everyone's closer to finding each other in the next episode due to proximity.. Reach terminus in the last..starts off next season with reaching and getting in.. New threats halfway through and to end off next season. Terminus going to **** right around mid season the way the farm and prison have..

Well done episode..
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=170725

My Drinking Team Has A Paintball Problem.
------
I Shot The Sheriff,The Deputy And The Ref.. But We All Knew The Ref Had It Coming.
NoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 02:18 AM   #2842 (permalink)
Banned

i am thoroughly satisfied with this episode because THAT MENTALLY ILL CAROL FINALLY HAD TO PUT UP WITH THE MENTAL ILLNESS OF ANOTHER CHARACTER.

jesus christ her faces of agony upon realizing the insanity was pure gold. you can see the sight of mika's murder directly sapping the self-righteousness out of that woman's soul. "oh mika you have to be mean to survive because my own daughter died from being nice, definitely not from my own incompetence at protecting her, my own incompetence at reading the situation, my own incompetence at making good decisions, and definitely definitely absolutely not from my own lack of effort in trying to track her back down when daryl did a better job at it than i did, oh no siree it was definitely her own kindness that killed her." HA.

on the other hand, how have 4 people with no trigger discipline and a baby not accidentally shot someone this far is beyond me.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:18 AM   #2843 (permalink)

AKA Fan
I originally thought that the smoke was from the house Beth and Daryl torched but after the burnt walkers showed up I changed my mind. I don't remember live walkers in the house when it went up and the ones that showed up later wouldn't have walked into the flames for no reason would they?
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Millar156 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:09 AM   #2844 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post
The smoke was from Daryls fire, when they burnt down the moonshine shack. Great episode, I predicted lizzy would get her little sister killed, but I didn't see that coming...

Carol is amazing...
I agree I didn't see that coming either. I wanted Mika to live. Hopefully I wasn't the only one that let out a loud "Oh ****!" when Carol and Tyresse walked up on that mess. lol

I also didn't expect the writers to actually let Carol do the right thing and kill lizzy for the betterment of the group. I figured they were just going to let her live and the rest of them were just going to have to deal with her because she was a child.
Steve_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:41 AM   #2845 (permalink)
aka SoulCoffin

AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
comic book spoilers incoming:

I saw this coming because this is basically a storyline from the comic book. there were twin boys and one brother killed the other brother with the same reasoning... that it'll be ok because he'll just come back.

unfortunately, they did it WAY BETTER in the comic. in the comic, all the adults were trying to figure out what to do with the boy. should they leave him or something else, because they knew he was a danger. so as everyone is trying to figure out what to do... CARL is the one who kills the boy, because he knew the kid was bad news. this was the moment that carl started becoming a badass in the comic.

I saw what they were doing with lizzie and mika, setting it up to mirror the boys' story line. I was really hoping they'd have carl kill this kid too... it really would've been a whole lot better this way.

end comic spoilers
TooningSpork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:41 AM   #2846 (permalink)
MCB Member

Yeah but Carol already killed two people for the "betterment of the group" so that kind of action was not above her. I wondered as far as that was concerned though because it was her "adopted" kids.

I loved the episode.

Also not certain if the fire was actually that house or something else...I would think it was the house just to show the proximity of everyone to each other...but I agree I would not think the walkers would just walk into a burning building... That is just something we really have not seen yet.
Brother Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:46 AM   #2847 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millar156 View Post
I originally thought that the smoke was from the house Beth and Daryl torched but after the burnt walkers showed up I changed my mind. I don't remember live walkers in the house when it went up and the ones that showed up later wouldn't have walked into the flames for no reason would they?

Actually, walkers are attracted to fire, and will go right into it... Remember the capfire, where the walker went right through it at the governor.

Then the car that Glenn torched, to distract the walkers, they all turned around and went right at it... They feel no pain, and will keep going to whatever attracts them.

They are attracted by light, and noise, so fire brings them quickly. It was driving me crazy when they were in the living room with the fire in last nights episode, and they didn't have the windows covered. Clearly walkers could get through that fence easily, and why would you have a fire in the fireplace that would light up the outside and draw walkers in...

In the episode where Daryl torched the house, walkers were going right at it, as they left, so those were likely the "torched" walkers.

I thought they did a good job of NOT showing the Mika death... They showed the blood on lizzy's hands, and Mika's face was white, with a little blood on it, but they didn't show the wounds... or the "kill" (at least that I saw).

You kind of expect kids to die in this type of scenario... They are slower than adults, and can't easily take down a walker like a full grown person. Course, you never expect a kid to do that to another kid... And yet, we do hear news stories about kids killing other kids. As drastic and horrible as that is...

Here is my prediction for next week...

The car that kidnapped Beth, will come back HOME to the house that Tyreese and Carol are living in!

We all "assumed" it was vacant, but I think it was occupied by bad people, who left that zombie inside as a "watchwalker".

And the "dad" who lived there and lost their kid, wants a new family so he kidnapped Beth for that purpose...
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:50 AM   #2848 (permalink)
ye olde bastid

Didn't have a problem with the kid thing. Too often shows/movies fall back on the expected norm (unwritten rules) about how characters are to be treated. Makes them predictable and less suspenseful. Shows like TWD and say, Game of Thrones, are appealing because at any given time, in any given situation, things can and will happen. Doesn't matter if you're a main character or not. Keeps me interested in waiting to see what will happen next.

Having read the comics, it seemed like the girls were loosely based on the two boys from the books. Kinda had an inkling things would go south for them, there were certainly a lot of hints along the way. But then, when they made their united stand against the crispy walkers I thought each girl had turned a corner and maybe things would work out. Then, BAM! Lizzie being Lizzie. Add the Carol/Tyreese emotional drama and it was a pretty well done episode.

Still need to resolve what happens with Beth and Daryl. Looks like everyone else is working toward Terminus. Though, did anyone else think Tyreese and Carol were headed the wrong way down the tracks? They headed back the way they originally came, away from the train track walker.

edit: takes me way too long to write a post, look at all those good points above

TheFeedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Last edited by TheYoda; 03-17-2014 at 08:55 AM.
TheYoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:08 AM   #2849 (permalink)
WARNING:I Do Stupid $#!@

I believe the smoke was from the shine house,if you remember when the barn went up in flames,the road flare was tossed at the school ,when Glenn tossed th Molotov and several other cases of fire/flame walkers went towards the flames/fires.. It is very possible and likely the walkers got to it as th house fire was dieng out so they didn't end up completely crispy..

I agree with heinous , On carol and think this was kinda what she needed to snap her back a little..

And it's wierd how now they shed a little kore lite on Lizzy not just being a horrible evil kid and shown some of her illness I ended up feeling bad for her an it was kinda sad knowing she needed to go out..

I love the amount of care and compassion they actually put into it,and the effort to show she didn't do what she did to Mika just to do it or be a horrible person..

They showed they (carol and Tyreese ) still cared,taking the time to neatly wrap and bury both girls,not just Mika and leave Lizzy ,or jut toss em both in a ditch..flowers,grave markers ect..

I alway say I hate Kirkman for being able to play so many emotional aspects so well , I still do and I will continue to..hes a bastard for it and he really knows what he's got in this franchise and I feel despite whatever issues some have with the show he is a damn brilliant man for all of it,comic and show alike .
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=170725

My Drinking Team Has A Paintball Problem.
------
I Shot The Sheriff,The Deputy And The Ref.. But We All Knew The Ref Had It Coming.
NoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:20 AM   #2850 (permalink)
Memento mori.

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
CARL is the one who kills the boy, because he knew the kid was bad news. this was the moment that carl started becoming a badass in the comic.
Oddly enough we have already seen this back at the prison. There was quite a debate over it in this thread.
Finnigan is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat