mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 03-31-2014, 01:48 AM   #3001 (permalink)
WARNING:I Do Stupid $#!@

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
None of this "terminus" makes any sense. Bunch of old people, then all of a sudden younger men with gun. Shooting and spraying bullets like Obama just got out of office and they can just go down town for another box. And potential cannibals? Really? They have all those guns and can hunt, an area to raise food...

and where are the walkers? The prison was overrun by them. The town had them. This place had no one watching and piss poor fences protecting them at best? I don't get it.

There's too much far fetched stuff going on here.
There was one old person,who greated the first group.. One on radio and a lot of younger people .. When presenting a poker face you don't lay your whole hand out on the table before the pot grows ..

The spraying and not hitting them was intentional..leading them where they wanted them..Rick even said they were aiming at the feet (shooting to the ground) ever have to pick bullet fragments from your kills when ya wen hunting?why would they want to?

As far as no one watching,the present a false front that brings people the way they want them to come..like when Rick was showing Carl the rabbit snare..that was also intentional,why Rick went the back way..although I would agree why not poke around a little more first before making yourself known..

An the fences were in good shape..walkers arnt aroun due to lack of anything to attract them..no ones making noise and drawin. Attention,everything is interior between buildings an out of sight..
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=170725

My Drinking Team Has A Paintball Problem.
------
I Shot The Sheriff,The Deputy And The Ref.. But We All Knew The Ref Had It Coming.
NoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:01 AM   #3002 (permalink)
random probability waves

Brass N Wood Fan
All I can say is I want my baby back, baby back, baby back ribs
TANSTAAFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy
here's your chance to be cool like Don
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy
don is on the path to everlasting coolness
Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes
OMG boobs, beers and Chad Thompson. Nothing could be better.
Bored383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:49 AM   #3003 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
None of this "terminus" makes any sense
watch out, the fans in this thread are going to call you names now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislognshot View Post
in comic book they did not have town but where wonders. they just roam the woods and roads when they where first found.
then they should have stuck with that for the show. the writers overestimate their own writing skills. it really makes no sense how they manage to keep the entire compound zombie free without visible patrol when it's been shown time after time the slightest noise draws them and you just saw how many shots they needed to fire to control only 4 people. moreover, with a compound like that, farming is possible. they could have just started farming like rick did.

edit: i would have wanted a more "normal" looking character to be the child molester. with what happened with sandarsky, the archetype of some slob being morally corrupt has long since became a cliche.

most importantly, why does the leader with the biggest say in an entire compound full of cannibals look like a malnourished vegetarian?

Last edited by heinous; 03-31-2014 at 04:26 AM.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:00 AM   #3004 (permalink)

The season finale I found kind of dull. They had talked it up so much. Saying it was going to get bad. It was kind of a slow episode with not much of a cliffhanger.

And another thing, how the hell did the people at terminus survive this long being such horrible shots? It was almost comical the way they kept missing. Especially when they showed the shooters going full auto with the group running right below them..first episode in awhile I can tell you I was disappointed in. It felt like they just threw it together last minute.

Last edited by Steve_81; 03-31-2014 at 07:45 AM.
Steve_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:49 AM   #3005 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Send a message via AIM to Painthappy

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoX13 View Post
There was one old person,who greated the first group.. One on radio and a lot of younger people .. When presenting a poker face you don't lay your whole hand out on the table before the pot grows ..

The spraying and not hitting them was intentional..leading them where they wanted them..Rick even said they were aiming at the feet (shooting to the ground) ever have to pick bullet fragments from your kills when ya wen hunting?why would they want to?

As far as no one watching,the present a false front that brings people the way they want them to come..like when Rick was showing Carl the rabbit snare..that was also intentional,why Rick went the back way..although I would agree why not poke around a little more first before making yourself known..

An the fences were in good shape..walkers arnt aroun due to lack of anything to attract them..no ones making noise and drawin. Attention,everything is interior between buildings an out of sight..

I don't know. You make a good argument, but here's what bothered me:

Forget no one is watching the fence. Forget the smell of cooking meat isn't attracting walkers. Forget the fences were defeated at the prison, but these that you can hop over aren't.

What got me is that Rick's group showed up unannounced, went out to the court yard and Rick realized something was up. Jumped and caught these dudes in Terminus off guard. but... and here's the part... Everyone was already in position to lead them to their trap (foreshadowed by the rabbit in the snare earlier), with guns spraying... and people closing doors... and dudes on the other side of the fence too?

When the most likely scenario is to be nice to folks, walk them over to where they are staying, and then have them by gun point. Everything that actually happened would have had to been rehearsed, planned, and is a waste of time, energy, and bullets.

Also, with the hunters... Where was the kids gun? He was in the car and didn't have that Uzi he had with him earlier? Seem like with all they've been through each would have a weapon by their side when out in the open like that.

Don't get me wrong, I like the show and hence watch it, but this one just seemed too far fetched. Like they needed to get them in there and have a cliff hanger, but the writers didn't know how to properly do it so just slapped it together.

I guess hope lies in the last two from the group still heading that way...

I did like that this episode showed, or seemed to show, Rick snapping out of it finally. His last line in the show seemed to show that he's back and won't take anymore crap.
Sailing Blog - http://www.slightlycrewed.com
Painthappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:50 AM   #3006 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Send a message via AIM to Painthappy

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_81 View Post
And another thing, how the hell did the people at terminus survive this long being such horrible shots? It was almost comical the way they kept missing. Especially when they showed the shooters going full auto with the group running right below them..first episode in awhile I can tell you I was disappointed in. It felt like they just threw it together last minute.
They were missing on purpose to lead them into their "trap".
Sailing Blog - http://www.slightlycrewed.com
Painthappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:55 AM   #3007 (permalink)
chuff chuff

Quote:
The season finale I found kind of dull. They had talked it up so much. Saying it was going to get bad. It was kind of a slow episode with not much of a cliffhanger.

They were guiding them along man, not missing at all actually. Notice how the doors kept getting shut on them, but one was always open?

I maintain that the episode was awesome. Rick bit into a guys god damn neck like a walker, michonne turned a gun on a guy and f'ed him up, and a pedo guy got stabbed a lot. There's a lot of intrigue going into next season about how they are going to deal with Terminus. The only thing that didn't quite do it for me was Rick's last line of the season.

Last edited by Hobbes; 03-31-2014 at 10:04 AM.
Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:55 AM   #3008 (permalink)
aka SoulCoffin

AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:

Quote:
They were missing on purpose to lead them into their "trap".
yea, they were forcing them to go where they wanted them to. rick even says that that's what's going on.

a lot of the scenes were taken right out of the comic book, minus the actual town of terminus. some of the shots were almost exact recreations from the comic (except instead of michonne being with rick and carl during the attempted rape/ attack, it was Abraham). even some of the dialogue was the same. as a big fan of the comic, I was happy to see these scenes play out live (of course, instead of saying "screwing with the wrong people", would've been better to see Andrew Lincoln drop the f bomb)

Last edited by TooningSpork; 03-31-2014 at 09:59 AM.
TooningSpork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:49 AM   #3009 (permalink)
Memento mori.

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Sounds like most of the concerns in this thread could be remedied by having some preppers or military tacticians advising the script writers. Maybe they figure most fans won't analyze the show this closely though.

I could say if they realized they were being herded they should have found a way NOT to let it happen, like make a stand in the candle room or something.

Hindsight is 20/20 though.
Finnigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:28 PM   #3010 (permalink)
MCB Member

I think the issue with making a stand while they were being herded is that once you make a stand...you may no longer be valuable to the herders...at which time they simply no longer herd but shoot the fish in the barrel.

And while Terminus appears to be very lackluster in the guarding of the post everyone in the courtyard was staged, the people on the roof tops were staged. I ponder if Rick and crew entering that area was not also known to them. Even when Glenn and them entered there was no latches on the gates which indicated to me that more than likely everything is watched very closely to ensure that the trap gets sprung properly.

Even though Rick tried to go at the trap from the side, you noticed that he was taken back to the front of the channel. It was at that point the trap was identified...but yet they were not given an option but to run down the channel into the snare.

I for one am glad they are not following the comics directly and only pulling bits from it. It makes things a little more interesting and gives them more liberty to change things up. Kirkman is able to interject with things he may have done different even.
Brother Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat