mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 04-04-2014, 10:36 AM   #3091 (permalink)
Memento mori.

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Double post. The second one is better.

Last edited by Finnigan; 04-04-2014 at 10:44 AM.
Finnigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:37 AM   #3092 (permalink)
Memento mori.

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
I like Brother Jerry's point and hadn't noticed that. I also like the character development points as either periods of regression to their former selves, or even if they are just meant as temptations; in the plot in a more literary sense; to revert to a previous "self."

I don't see them as inconsistencies. These people are being forced by their environment to make drastic changes in themselves. Change doesn't come easy for some, and not at all for others. Take Dale for example. He made it a point to resist the change in his character he saw in others.

Last edited by Finnigan; 04-04-2014 at 10:43 AM.
Finnigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:41 AM   #3093 (permalink)
MCB Member

Yes it is

And exactly...it was deliberate regression of the characters. they were scattered and relatively alone again. For most it was a matter of reverting back to what had allowed them to survive as long as they did before they met up with the group that was just splintered.

I do not find that inconsistent at all. That seems someone a natural thing to do and something that if they were in a sort of state of shock thing would have been the first thing they did.
Brother Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:48 PM   #3094 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

I was disappointed in the "Finale"...

I thought someone should die, and the herding of the group into the box car was pretty lame, especially with how many bullets where wasted.

I also expected a lot more shock and awe when the group realized there were a LOT of them left, as they all assumed everyone else was dead.

Course, this leaves Carol and Tyrese to come save them... Which would be fitting since Carol was kicked to the curb by Rick!

Oh well, now the wait till next season.
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 03:03 PM   #3095 (permalink)
no, I'M sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Jerry View Post
The Carl thing - well every character so far this season has "danced" with their formal self. Michonne picked up a couple of walkers again and played "dead". Daryl fell back in line with a group that was apparently reminiscent of his formal self, as well as his time with Beth. Glenn briefly went into a solo mode as well as he was willing to push without the rest of his group to find Maggie. They all seemed to have regressive moments after the fall out of the prison.
sorry, but 1 step forward and 1 step back isn't good writing even if it was intentional, you don't even know if that was intentional.

and your examples are all things the people were forced to do, which are separate from all the things the people think of themselves. despite carl almost being raped, he knows for a fact the feats that he pulled off prior to the incident. being almost raped doesn't suddenly undo what he had already done. he knows he is a badass all things considered.

it looks even less like they intentionally planned for all character to regress for a moment, when you consider that maggie and tyrese seemed to have developed further with no regression. i even disagree that glenn regressed. he was thrown back into going solo, but he never gave up on the group. the first thing on his list to do is and always was to regroup, at least with his wife. his mind never left the group.

pile of poo, HARD MODE, automag pistol---S.P.E.W.II---What if this hurts me?---No, I'M sorry.---Semiautomatic Nelspot 007!---Decay of Nations 4
Camp Pendleton meetup 2010---Watch me fail at pump!---Clareball 2010 vid!---MCB Stock Class Meet!---HELMETCAM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
Before the first day Velcor said let there be Heinous and it was true. And then Heinous said "Let there be God" and it was true. And it was good
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 03:28 PM   #3096 (permalink)
MCB Member

Whatever H. I am not going to sit here and argue with you about it. It was obvious to me watching the show that the intent was to have most of the people...and yes it was most but not all slip into a sort of state of shock about what happened. And in that state they regressed to what they had known to survive. Michonne, Daryl, Rick, Glenn, and even Carl were all seen as slipping into previous states. And then coming out of it transformed.

I do know it was intentional because I 1) perceived it, and 2) that perception has been reinforced by comments outside of the show by actors, directors, etc.
Brother Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:36 PM   #3097 (permalink)
no, I'M sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Jerry View Post
Whatever H. I am not going to sit here and argue with you about it. It was obvious to me watching the show that the intent was to have most of the people...and yes it was most but not all slip into a sort of state of shock about what happened. And in that state they regressed to what they had known to survive. Michonne, Daryl, Rick, Glenn, and even Carl were all seen as slipping into previous states. And then coming out of it transformed.

I do know it was intentional because I 1) perceived it, and 2) that perception has been reinforced by comments outside of the show by actors, directors, etc.
so, you think other people are wrong in previous arguments because you think their conclusions are supported solely on their perception, and yet it is a perfectly solid reason why your conclusions are valid?

and here we go again with "comments outside of the show." you may use it to convince yourself what the show is trying to portray, but that excuse for the show has been brought up and shot down several times. a skillfully made show would be self contained. imagine seinfeld needing an extra hour after every episode just to explain his jokes.

pile of poo, HARD MODE, automag pistol---S.P.E.W.II---What if this hurts me?---No, I'M sorry.---Semiautomatic Nelspot 007!---Decay of Nations 4
Camp Pendleton meetup 2010---Watch me fail at pump!---Clareball 2010 vid!---MCB Stock Class Meet!---HELMETCAM!
Quote:
Before the first day Velcor said let there be Heinous and it was true. And then Heinous said "Let there be God" and it was true. And it was good
Old 04-04-2014, 04:40 PM   #3098 (permalink)
random probability waves

Brass N Wood Fan
TANSTAAFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy
here's your chance to be cool like Don
Quote:
don is on the path to everlasting coolness
Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes
OMG boobs, beers and Chad Thompson. Nothing could be better.
Bored383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:41 PM   #3099 (permalink)
no, I'M sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored383 View Post
imagine silence of the lambs needed an extra hour after the movie to explain it.

Quote:
Old 04-04-2014, 04:54 PM   #3100 (permalink)
random probability waves

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
imagine silence of the lambs needed an extra hour after the movie to explain it.
or you could just tell me how that extra time worked out for you

TANSTAAFL

Quote:
here's your chance to be cool like Don
Quote:
don is on the path to everlasting coolness
Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes
OMG boobs, beers and Chad Thompson. Nothing could be better.
Bored383 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat