mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2014, 05:14 PM   #3101 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored383 View Post
or you could just tell me how that extra time worked out for you

it didn't work well at all, it made me entirely give up on thinking that any literary or artistic work would have any hidden meaning at all because producers all want would rather just give up on tactfulness and just outright declare their intensions, so that i needed a pm to explain a picture, and now this is what walking dead is doing to its viewers.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 05:15 PM   #3102 (permalink)
Oldbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Carlisle PA

I'm still haunted by the lone survivor Ricks group came across, not in the horror movie way but in the "I can't wrap my head around the bad directing" way. How did he live so long after the outbreak when he couldn't figure out an escape route in an open field?
HyperU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:02 PM   #3103 (permalink)
random probability waves
 
Bored383's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sandy Eggo by way of Mobtown

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
it didn't work well at all, it made me entirely give up on thinking that any literary or artistic work would have any hidden meaning at all because producers all want would rather just give up on tactfulness and just outright declare their intensions, so that i needed a pm to explain a picture, and now this is what walking dead is doing to its viewers.
__________________
Quote:
DSA: You know you were a kept kid if you jacked off to Frazetta barbarian babes!
There I was sword in hand!
TANSTAAFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy
here's your chance to be cool like Don
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy
don is on the path to everlasting coolness
Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes
OMG boobs, beers and Chad Thompson. Nothing could be better.
Bored383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:53 PM   #3104 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
chrislognshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperU2 View Post
I'm still haunted by the lone survivor Ricks group came across, not in the horror movie way but in the "I can't wrap my head around the bad directing" way. How did he live so long after the outbreak when he couldn't figure out an escape route in an open field?
not sure if they did that so he could hide his past. can not recall what happen in comic book or he just add in.
__________________
pc steam handle chrisfallout666
chrislognshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:10 PM   #3105 (permalink)
WARNING:I Do Stupid $#!@
 
NoX13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislognshot View Post
not sure if they did that so he could hide his past. can not recall what happen in comic book or he just add in.
In the comic he had a loaded el camino ..he either had to piss or just kinda got tired I being alone and decided to "opt out" ..

In te show he probably realized it was just a bad idea as there are much more painless ways to do so..

In the comic it was just Rick and Carl and they took the car and all the supplies in it ..in the show it was a few more people in the group
Shortly after in the comic they found michonne
__________________
[/B][/B]B][/B]Bought something from me? Did I buy something from you? Share transaction feedback here
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post2356228--
PBN FEEDBACK
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=170725

My Drinking Team Has A Paintball Problem.
------
I Shot The Sheriff,The Deputy And The Ref.. But We All Knew The Ref Had It Coming.

Last edited by NoX13; 04-04-2014 at 10:15 PM.
NoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:29 PM   #3106 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bronson, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
so, you think other people are wrong in previous arguments because you think their conclusions are supported solely on their perception, and yet it is a perfectly solid reason why your conclusions are valid?

and here we go again with "comments outside of the show." you may use it to convince yourself what the show is trying to portray, but that excuse for the show has been brought up and shot down several times. a skillfully made show would be self contained. imagine seinfeld needing an extra hour after every episode just to explain his jokes.
Actually H...if you had read what I said....I said that the comments outside of the show confirmed what was perceived inside of the show.

Which gets things back to what was said earlier. Unless you have something spelled out clearly (IE Rick is a sheriff). Then any other conclusions are simply opinions and thus really cannot be considered inconsistencies. Unless you know the intention of the writers of the story...hey who are they? They are OUTSIDE of the show...then you can only rely upon what you perceive in the show and what your own personal experience may tell you about certain "types" of people. But that is still you applying yourself to the characters which is nothing more than an opinion.
Brother Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:36 PM   #3107 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom
 
FreeEnterprise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Chester, Ohio

I was all excited to watch walking dead last night... Only to have my wife and kids laugh at me and tell me it was over till fall...

I totally forgot...
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:49 PM   #3108 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bronson, FL

ROFL
Brother Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:47 PM   #3109 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Saugus MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post
I was all excited to watch walking dead last night... Only to have my wife and kids laugh at me and tell me it was over till fall...

I totally forgot...
My six year old tried watching "Turn" with me last night...

She said "Dad, this is SO stupid! Who cares what happened a hundred years ago in New York! Now my Sunday nights are RUINED for all Summer! I might as well go to bed!"
__________________
Fearlessly, the idiot faced the crowd, smiling...
THE-SHOOTIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:01 PM   #3110 (permalink)
random probability waves
 
Bored383's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sandy Eggo by way of Mobtown

Brass N Wood Fan
I've got 'Turn' on the DVR ... Really curious since most teevee shows fail at history

Watched Game Of Thrones last night. A good replacement for WD
__________________
Quote:
DSA: You know you were a kept kid if you jacked off to Frazetta barbarian babes!
There I was sword in hand!
TANSTAAFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy
here's your chance to be cool like Don
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy
don is on the path to everlasting coolness
Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes
OMG boobs, beers and Chad Thompson. Nothing could be better.
Bored383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC