mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 10-17-2011, 02:31 PM   #341 (permalink)
Mar
All nail Drum!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPrekel View Post
It would have been a better story if there weren't so many darn commercials. I had enough of the 3 minutes of story, 5 minutes of commercials.
smoke breaks.
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:33 PM   #342 (permalink)
MCB Member

I thought that episode kinda sucked...
Pump_Action_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:58 PM   #343 (permalink)
Predatory Bird Oculus

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
FYI: If you watch the episodes on AMC's website, you can skip commercials. It's all one recording, not like Hulu where it's TV, then a whole other stream for the commercial, then back to TV. It's like recording the show on a DVR--just fast-forward through them.

Sure, you have to wait until the next day to see it, but hey. The Simpsons is on Sundays, so you won't be totally bored.

Haaah. If you watched the S2 Premiere, you'll remember the boy finding all those knives/axes/machetes?

Here they are, for sale. http://www.gerbergear.com/Apocalypse

Last edited by Hawkeye20; 10-17-2011 at 09:27 PM.
Hawkeye20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:10 AM   #344 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYoda View Post
The first season walkers could 'smell' humans, so they needed to smear zombie guts all over themselves in order to walk among them. Now, all they need to do is hide under a vehicle? Zombies can no longer smell?
I chalked that up to the group being in the middle of a bunch of decomposing bodies.

I kept waiting for one of those shamblers to trip and fall see a survivor. I'm kinda curious where the pack came from. Were they in the woods or hanging out behind a bus?

I agree that I think there should have been a whole bunch of dead hanging around by the church. Thought it was interesting that there were 3 inside sitting down like at mass. Is the show establishing that the dead might seek out everyday routines ala Romero zombies?
Old 10-18-2011, 07:20 AM   #345 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

See, I don't really have a problem with them making stupid decisions because the characters aren't supposed to be like us (read "us" as nerds who have planned WAY too thoroughly for an astronomically unlikely disaster). Although, admittedly, I really do wish a Zed would just go ahead and make lunch out of Sophie's mother already. I simply cannot abide useless people.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:51 AM   #346 (permalink)
www.tituspb.com

Gerber, not just making baby food anymore!

Please donate to make a difference in my fathers life
Willing to be a 3rd party for shipments to Canada anywhere in the world just PM me.
Buy a Celanis Paintball Patch for a good cause
http://stationcaster.com/player_skin...=4751&f=855201 < Radio Ad
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:42 AM   #347 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by acesn8s View Post
I kept waiting for one of those shamblers to trip and fall see a survivor. I'm kinda curious where the pack came from. Were they in the woods or hanging out behind a bus?

I agree that I think there should have been a whole bunch of dead hanging around by the church. Thought it was interesting that there were 3 inside sitting down like at mass. Is the show establishing that the dead might seek out everyday routines ala Romero zombies?
There was a very similar scene with the herd in the comics. Zombies naturally horde, and once started after food in a direction, keep moving in that direction. So it was probably one zombie started down the road from the nearest town after a survivor, who got away (or tripped and was eaten). Other zombies see Patient 0 there walking, figure he's walking toward food, and join the trail.

I'm surprised there weren't more rotters in the church, too. A small church like that, maybe the rest of the crowd was at home with the family. Or ran away from the fourth one, who reanimated sooner.

They don't appear to have been attracted to the routine (though I do agree it could be expected that zombies head toward the last things they remember before the brain goes), but they were probably bitten or injured or something, and had been praying up until the point they died in the pews and turned. Without live food, there would be nothing to stand for and follow.

The comics did establish that, while some zombies pick a likely direction and go off in search like Grandpa Oldstein looking for a buffet, others will conserve energy and just chill until prey or a more determined-looking zombie comes along to suggest food.
My MCB Feedback
My eBay Feedback
Moriearty Hobby Supply on eBay and Facebook.
Deus Machina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:22 AM   #348 (permalink)
Stock Class Playa

I'd like to think that there would be more zombies near the church especially with the recorded bells going off on a timer as well. The zombie heard the blond girl fumbling with the pistol parts and that wasn't as loud as the church bells recording.

The ending for the first episode of TWD:S2 was awesome! I knew something messed up was going to happen in that scene and I wanted it to xD
Mirad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:54 AM   #349 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirad View Post
I'd like to think that there would be more zombies near the church especially with the recorded bells going off on a timer as well. The zombie heard the blond girl fumbling with the pistol parts and that wasn't as loud as the church bells recording.
Keep in mind that because the bells sounded like a rolling peel rather than numbered chimes, they probably only ring on Sunday mornings and possibly Wednesday afternoons, rather than on the hour, every hour. This would give the zombies plenty of time to disperse, or perhaps grouped them into a large, looping school. This would explain the large group seen on the highway, which might be constantly walking in an orbit between timed sounds.
The Inflicted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:11 PM   #350 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus Machina View Post

I'm surprised there weren't more rotters in the church, too. A small church like that, maybe the rest of the crowd was at home with the family. Or ran away from the fourth one, who reanimated sooner.

They don't appear to have been attracted to the routine (though I do agree it could be expected that zombies head toward the last things they remember before the brain goes), but they were probably bitten or injured or something, and had been praying up until the point they died in the pews and turned. Without live food, there would be nothing to stand for and follow.

The comics did establish that, while some zombies pick a likely direction and go off in search like Grandpa Oldstein looking for a buffet, others will conserve energy and just chill until prey or a more determined-looking zombie comes along to suggest food.
I took it as them semi intelligently using the bells to wait for their food to come to them. The one on the bus for example, seemed to be actively looking for something, not acting like a mindless corpse.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat