mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 11-28-2011, 05:40 PM   #491 (permalink)
Trololol

Send a message via AIM to Meph

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
I understand that, but what I'm trying to say is, look how close some of the adults have come to getting bit when a zombie actually gets their hands on them, and how hard of a fight it is to get away unscathed. I just find it doubtful that Sophia would have been able to fight off a walker that had gotten enough of a hold on her to be able to bite her. I think it's much more likely she'd have been lunch and there wouldn't have been much left...
You assume she was bit.

The problem is whether this is following the outbreak description of a 28 Days Later infection (minus the sprinting), or a Romero supernatural development. Because the comics is definitely one way, and there's a very very important issue that gives significant insight into how this spreads and what makes a zombie. Though I don't want to give it away in case they bring it up down the road in the series.

But long story short, she can turn without a bite being necessary. Which might seem the most likely then, she had some kind of encounter, got away, slept at that cabin, turned, and Otis found her.

Now then, as far as Otis being the one to put her in the barn... yeah he told somebody. You don't work on a farm without television cattle ranching zombies and NOT talk to people about your day job. I guarantee you he told somebody. Maybe not Hershel, but he definitely spoke of the day he had to ranch a poor small girl. A guy as honorable as him? Absolutely. He'd be heartwrenched and need to get that off his chest.

And you have a whole group of people who, just after Otis puts a little girl in the barn, come to your area and very quickly start a search party for a missing little girl... Oh yeah. Somebody on that farm knew other than Otis. And that's ****ed up.
Meph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:45 PM   #492 (permalink)
Mar
All nail Drum!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meph View Post
You assume she was bit.

The problem is whether this is following the outbreak description of a 28 Days Later infection (minus the sprinting), or a Romero supernatural development. Because the comics is definitely one way, and there's a very very important issue that gives significant insight into how this spreads and what makes a zombie. Though I don't want to give it away in case they bring it up down the road in the series.

But long story short, she can turn without a bite being necessary. Which might seem the most likely then, she had some kind of encounter, got away, slept at that cabin, turned, and Otis found her.

Now then, as far as Otis being the one to put her in the barn... yeah he told somebody. You don't work on a farm without television cattle ranching zombies and NOT talk to people about your day job. I guarantee you he told somebody. Maybe not Hershel, but he definitely spoke of the day he had to ranch a poor small girl. A guy as honorable as him? Absolutely. He'd be heartwrenched and need to get that off his chest.

And you have a whole group of people who, just after Otis puts a little girl in the barn, come to your area and very quickly start a search party for a missing little girl... Oh yeah. Somebody on that farm knew other than Otis. And that's ****ed up.
to reveal the girl would be to reveal the barn full of Zombies. Hershel would not have wanted that. Even if Sophia had died of exposure or hypothermia from the river she would have turned into a zombie...no bite necessary.
Mar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:49 PM   #493 (permalink)
Moderating in Moderation

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
daryl fell down embankment by the river where he found her doll, Sophia could have done the same and snapped her neck. She just has to be dead to come back...
Politically, Socially and Aerodynamically Incorrect
Everything I have ever loved is immoral or illegal
Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur.
stewart potter common sense, elephant and duck tests
Force this into a gaussian distributed parabolic curve!
oldschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:52 PM   #494 (permalink)
Trololol

Send a message via AIM to Meph

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
to reveal the girl would be to reveal the barn full of Zombies. Hershel would not have wanted that.
Even still, his action, or rather inaction (lie of omission), could have got more of the group killed. Almost got Daryl killed. He definitely has an arrow through his side and woke up to a walker biting his foot because of Hershel not telling them "Oh hey, guys... you're looking for a little girl? Well we just happen to have found one the day before you came here."

There is retribution to be had for that in my eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
daryl fell down embankment by the river where he found her doll, Sophia could have done the same and snapped her neck. She just has to be dead to come back...
Was trying not to reveal that just in case it turns out to be spoiler material. But yeah. Bites aren't the only method of turning. Just dying at all and you turn. And..... yeah, all I wanna say without possibly spoiling another potential big revelation of the Zombification dynamic.
Meph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:56 PM   #495 (permalink)
Buzz Killington

wait i missed something then... you can die and be turned without being bit? I thought you needed to be bit in order to turn, or to be infected with the virus some other way?

#SOSUNITEDSTATESCONSTITUTION
Scharfschutze91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:01 PM   #496 (permalink)
www.tituspb.com

Well now I don't know if the show is following that dead becomes reanimated fact.

The man in the truck who was DOA when the door was opened and found with the gerber knives, hatchet, etc. He didn't come back, or the man who killed his family in the living room and wrote I'm sorry on the wall, then shot himself. Granted I don't know if it was a head shot or not.

So I don't know if they're running along side that with the comic.

Please donate to make a difference in my fathers life
Willing to be a 3rd party for shipments to Canada anywhere in the world just PM me.
Buy a Celanis Paintball Patch for a good cause
http://stationcaster.com/player_skin...=4751&f=855201 < Radio Ad
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:05 PM   #497 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
wait i missed something then... you can die and be turned without being bit? I thought you needed to be bit in order to turn, or to be infected with the virus some other way?
Well, there's no reason that the virus can't be airborne or fluid-transferred, or hell, even in the water (well-walker ftl). I sort of overlooked the possibility that the virus could lay dormant in the living until they die of other causes.

Oh course, that really wouldn't explain why people who are bitten, even non-fatally, die so much faster from the infection.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:09 PM   #498 (permalink)
Buzz Killington

if the infection could lay dormant then that would mean that people bitten could possibly survive. seing as how that is not the case, i feel that it's a flaw in the writing that one can die of other causes not involving a zombie and still turn. I know one can die of other causes, get bitten and then turn. But if everyone had already been infected with the virus in them then they should all be turning. Like the guy's wife (the one who worked at teh CDC) she infected herself with the virus to test it and the effects.

Old 11-28-2011, 06:11 PM   #499 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Did she infect herself? Or did she become infected and decide to make the best out of it and get as much scientific data from it as possible? I honestly don't remember but I thought it was the latter...
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:13 PM   #500 (permalink)
Buzz Killington

i don't remember much either, i thought she chose to infect herself?

Can anyone please confirm one of these ideas?

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat