mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 03-12-2012, 03:11 PM   #751 (permalink)
Predatory Bird Oculus

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helghast View Post
That's the most messed up scene I have ever seen in a movie, I rarely cringe at horror movies but that made me feel sick.
Yeah, with the father and the old lady shooting each other over and over, and then they kill the zombie-mom and the zombie-baby.... Messed up ****.

Hawkeye20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:19 PM   #752 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

I would guess major cliff hangers for the end of the season - it seems some contracts are in question and we are going to decide who lives and dies on that.

My wife and I watch it. Its a decent show but NOONE is that stupid. I would be living in tree houses surrounded by large open areas of land with stake / pit traps built, training with bows and arrows as well as spears and stockade style fences pointed out with spikes with highly limited ways in and out. The ladders in the ten feet above the ground structures would be pulled up every night.

Rick's wife is a manipulative.... I keep hoping she dies off soon
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:22 PM   #753 (permalink)
Old. Geek. Paintballer.

Palmers Fan
Very cool, elraido. That must have been fun.

I don't know if the non-bitey reanimation will be explained fully, but it does add another layer of stress to the show. I have noticed they've thrown in shots of burned zombies in the last few episodes along with the inferences (well, more like fact now) that people turn without bites.

I don't like Rick's wife.

Last edited by NoForts4Me; 03-12-2012 at 03:27 PM.
NoForts4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:27 PM   #754 (permalink)
"Crow"

Glad Shane's finally dead, Waiting for Merle (deryl's bro) to come back and kill the black dude for making him cut off his hand!
THE PAINTBALL NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:33 PM   #755 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post

My wife and I watch it. Its a decent show but NOONE is that stupid. I would be living in tree houses surrounded by large open areas of land with stake / pit traps built, training with bows and arrows as well as spears and stockade style fences pointed out with spikes with highly limited ways in and out. The ladders in the ten feet above the ground structures would be pulled up every night.
And there I would be, sitting at the edge of the field...shooting up your little tree house so I can take what is inside once you are dead. Remember, it isn't only zombies they are trying to avoid, it is other people as well. And how safe would you feel in a storm up in that thing?

Personally, since I live basically at the edge of nothing (Boundry Waters Canoe Area and Quetico Provincial Park) in Northern MN, I would just take as much outdoor survival gear (my guns, tents, outdoor clothing, socks, socks, and more socks) and a bunch of old log/wood working tools and move into woods. Set up a camp, build a house, hunt, fish. Figure a zombie can't handle -50F in the winter. That would give us a around 6 months where the bodies would be frozen solid...or at least extrememly hindered in moving threw all the snow.
And I think I would enjoy using the axe on the bottom that we have.

Last edited by elraido; 03-12-2012 at 03:46 PM.
elraido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:46 PM   #756 (permalink)
\m/ (><) \m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helghast View Post
I never saw it coming ahah. Man that was an intense ending, to be honest I didn't think Shane was going to die that way. How bout this, I was thinking about it, and what are the chances that the other group that (I forget his name) was taken from has something to do with Darrell's brother?
I had a feeling that was going to happen, as soon as I saw the rick was passing the pistol with his left hand. I said to myself "he's not a lefty" and then it happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
I'm guessing that somehow most (if not all) have been exposed through having Zed blood, etc on them at some point through contact and they're now carriers of the virus so they turn when they die.

Man, that would be a crappy existence. Knowing that no matter what you do, you're going to turn anyways.
This is probably what the cdc guy whispered to rick before he exploded himself.

Perhaps the virus is mutating.
R_Os is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:53 PM   #757 (permalink)
\m/ (><) \m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by elraido View Post
And there I would be, sitting at the edge of the field...shooting up your little tree house so I can take what is inside once you are dead. Remember, it isn't only zombies they are trying to avoid, it is other people as well. And how safe would you feel in a storm up in that thing?

Personally, since I live basically at the edge of nothing (Boundry Waters Canoe Area and Quetico Provincial Park) in Northern MN, I would just take as much outdoor survival gear (my guns, tents, outdoor clothing, socks, socks, and more socks) and a bunch of old log/wood working tools and move into woods. Set up a camp, build a house, hunt, fish. Figure a zombie can't handle -50F in the winter. That would give us a around 6 months where the bodies would be frozen solid...or at least extrememly hindered in moving threw all the snow.

Why not just set up camps on the rooftops of tall buildings. You would be able to scout the cities for goodies, and with some ropes and beeners you could create a network of ziplines to move around. Just barricade the bottom floor well enough and you could have dozens of floors to use for habitation, and entire rooftops for farming.

At least for the first couple of years. Because as we all know, there was military gear all over atlanta in the first season. Lots of fuel in the abandoned vehicles... and all the zombies. I would declare all out war on them. They're not going to kill themselves after all. Rick should have got on the .50 on the abrams, I bet that would work against zombies...
Oncoming horde? Lure them into an alleyway and rpg them. teach yourself how to fly, lure the zombies into a stadium, and fly around in a ac130. So many more effective solutions to the zombie problem.
R_Os is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:07 PM   #758 (permalink)
Mill Monkey

Yeah, you go ahead and lure them into the stadium. I'll be flying the AC130 My Zombie Gunship app is enough training, right?

MCB Feedback
SpecOps Feedback

Laws of Thermodynamics;
1) You cannot win, you can only break even.
2) You cannot break even.

Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:08 PM   #759 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Os View Post
Why not just set up camps on the rooftops of tall buildings. You would be able to scout the cities for goodies, and with some ropes and beeners you could create a network of ziplines to move around. Just barricade the bottom floor well enough and you could have dozens of floors to use for habitation, and entire rooftops for farming.

At least for the first couple of years. Because as we all know, there was military gear all over atlanta in the first season. Lots of fuel in the abandoned vehicles... and all the zombies. I would declare all out war on them. They're not going to kill themselves after all. Rick should have got on the .50 on the abrams, I bet that would work against zombies...
Oncoming horde? Lure them into an alleyway and rpg them. teach yourself how to fly, lure the zombies into a stadium, and fly around in a ac130. So many more effective solutions to the zombie problem.
Well, it is more of a plan for most any "world ending" type of scenerios...not just zombies. And yes, my family does have all the hand powered wood working tools to make a house, and yes I know how to use them, and yes I do have the skills to create a log cabin. Basically it would be a glorified wood hut in the middle of no where. The further you are away from people, the better. There is enough fish and game up there that food wouldn't be an issue...granted I would need to have a garden. That reminds me, thanks for reminding me to bring seeds with to plant!

And while you are flying that AC130, I will be sitting back relaxing while fishing.
elraido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:13 PM   #760 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Send a message via AIM to Painthappy

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Zombies... I don't get them.

1. They're dead. So what do they care if something is alive or dead. Why don't they eat each other?

2. What are they eating for anyways? If they're dead, and all functions have ceased, why eat something to begin with?

3. The idea of eating is to have energy to move. If you're dead, you have no functions and therefore, no energy, and therefore you can not move when dead.

4. But if they're not really dead, but a virus zombie, and they do have functions and needs, then shooting them in the heart, etc would be just as effective.

5. I'm really over thinking something this.
google.com/+CarterBrown75
Painthappy is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat