mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 04-24-2010, 05:10 PM   #31 (permalink)
the Redder the Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilgar View Post
What you say is very true. the only benefit to the tippys and BTs are that they are pretty much like the AK of the paintball world. It is almost impossible to break them, they require very very little upkeep and they are very very easy for a new and young player to use.

I don't have any experience with mags so I do not know if they have those qualities, if they do then I would say the mag is the better choice.
automags are easy on the upkeep to, from what my friends have told me u can clean them with a hammer
Old 04-24-2010, 05:20 PM   #32 (permalink)
Post Whore

All I can say is my one buddy started with a Trilogy and another with an SP-1. The Trilogy is several years old and shoots like it is new, and it was a hell of a deal, even boughten new. They're hard to go wrong with.

SP-1s are also great little markers, but they're (physically) huge compared to even some meatier guns like 06/07 Cyborgs. I think a Vibe could be a good deal.

Mags would be good too... just stay away from Tippmann. In my group, I work on everyone's markers when they're down and my work bench usually has a 98C on it, or some ****ty Spyder.
StealingYerMail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 06:26 PM   #33 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friedmoose View Post
automags are easy on the upkeep to, from what my friends have told me u can clean them with a hammer
aaahahaha...omg i need to sig that
gunman_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:10 PM   #34 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
You could always get one of the $50 trilogy deals. Use the left over green to get a pump kit as well if he wanted to go that route.
sorry to go off topic but WHERE can I find said deals?

On topic however I would agree with all the suggestion to shell out some cash and get a good marker, I have a spyder, 98, and Jt tac-5 that my friends use and they are ALWAYS having problems. Might as well get quality now rather than later.
chro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:13 PM   #35 (permalink)
Midget Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to cfos00

paintballonline.com has the sale on four cheap starter guns. The $50 trilly is in there. Heck of a deal.

Need a Centerflag Uprising manual? PM me.

My Shooters
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...ml#post3081978
cfos00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:31 PM   #36 (permalink)
BRaSzEaGuL4LYFe

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealingYerMail View Post
Mags would be good too... just stay away from Tippmann. In my group, I work on everyone's markers when they're down and my work bench usually has a 98C on it, or some ****ty Spyder.
I never did like the 98c's, and everything else tippmann has made since then. If you want a gun you can hammer nails with, throw in a river for a few weeks, fish it out and go play a game with it, get an old prolite, carbine, or pro/carb.

Mags are great and very reliable, but not as easy to work on as an old tippmann.
coldy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:06 AM   #37 (permalink)
Lady balls

I agree to go with the automag. especially on the point that tippmans dont hold value for crap but you can get a decent return on a nice automag. I love my prolite (but would not buy any recent tippman like a 98c or anything like that) and I wouldnt put a lot of money into it but I havent had to as its been UBER reliable and just f***ing sweet all in all I mean when you have a prolite you are basically rambo

Last edited by Baller; 04-25-2010 at 04:10 AM. Reason: to say that my brother says that having a prolite is like being rambo and I agree
Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 05:18 PM   #38 (permalink)
old but still playing

Send a message via MSN to Ranger 53

I agree with the BT4 as a marker that is indistuctable. But get him a rottor and then he has a hopper that will work on anything he gets in the future. As to the Triligy It is a good marker and an easy conversion to a pump if he wants to go that way latter. I use both of these markers and have had no problems with eather one of them and have used the BT4 for about 3 years now and my son uses a BT 4 Delta elite and he just loves it. { he is handycapped and has no problems with it's weight}

Last edited by Ranger 53; 04-25-2010 at 05:19 PM. Reason: fix mistake.
Ranger 53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 05:34 PM   #39 (permalink)
Post Whore

Rotor is overkill really, especially for a beginning Rec player. Save like $100 and buy a Halo Too or a used Halo or something.
StealingYerMail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 06:04 PM   #40 (permalink)
the Redder the Better

buy a rotor!? i dont even have a rotor, i got a vlocity. although i didnt just get into electros... i went milsim -> pump -> electro

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat