General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 06-05-2006, 01:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
Shiny. Let's be bad guys
Send a message via AIM to Kindred Send a message via MSN to Kindred

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
I used to do lan support for a large financial company's call center. There was one rep in particular who sounded like he was talking through a voice box.

Almost impossible to understand him when speaking in person, must have been infuriating over the phone. (likely after being kept on hold for some amazing length of time, and wandering through the maze they called a voice-prompt system!)

Strive for that moment when you're only a slice of pizza and a hooker away from paradise.
Kindred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 10:19 AM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

Heck, I can stand the perky/jerky voices. What drives me around the bend is when you get a foreign operator with a thick accent. I am old and I don't hear perfectly. Trying to understand an Asian/Indian person can be very hard.

The other one is people who deliberately screw with you. I had a guy the other day who talked deliberately too slow and used too many words. He didn't even know what some of them meant, exactly.

Good phone service has become unusual, bad/indifferent service is the norm. P
Wharf Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 08:58 PM   #13 (permalink)

Originally Posted by WilD
Quite frankly, most businesses have little control over the "voice" of their business as call centers are very often outsourced to third parties (often in othe countries but within the US as well).
I disagree. Businesses don't have to out-source call centers.

Reply » General » General Chat