mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 06-15-2006, 01:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Passing through rider

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Frikken Palm!

just got off the phone with PalmOne. I had sent in my m100 (yes, old as dirt) for a repair that was part of a class action suit.

Got a different unit back, no problem........ except that the screen is all scratched. Like through the plastic layer on the digitizer scratched.

So off an email goes to Palm... which tells me to contact customer service via phone... long distance..

Ok, I bite.

Call... get transfered.

Next person says they can set up a repair order, but I have to ship it back.

I ask for a shipping slip or pre-paid mailer, the lady tells me she can set up a repair order.

I ask if they are going to cover shipping on something that is their fault.

She says I have to email someone else, and I need to ship via a traceable carrier. She says that they cant pay for the shipping.

after lots of usless talking (she understands english, speaks perfectly good english, but doesnt seem to understand me.) I get an email address from her, tell her this is the last time I deal with Palm (not the first crap hardware, nor first problem with service) .

Riverside Renegade Paintball / C.C. S.V.S. Plankowner - LPPC#6
www.AzzysDesignWorks.com - best replacement jeep gauges in the biz
Old Timer Feedback
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 01:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Send a message via AIM to Painthappy

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Zaurus 5500 (Still old, no longer made, and unsupported, but....)

Runs Linux, built in keys, CF slot for that wireless WAN card, and I can run Kismet on it which lets me Wardrive or Walk (more like it) anywhere I go and check for an open wireless connection to hook up on and check my e-mail or surf my sites

Painthappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 01:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to eric

heh they didnt try and make a better deal with your when you said you wouldnt deal with them agian?

i remember switching from cogeco to sympatico all of a sudden cogeco offer highspeed internet for $20 a month
eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 02:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Passing through rider

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
I just happen to have this thing because someone else here in the office hated it, and we got them free with a printer.

Seeing the issues I have had with every palm unit before.. I would never buy anything thay had input on.

As for them offering anything else, she said "Fine" when I told her it was the last dealing with them.

Carter - I remember sing them clearenced in an old Ames store... but thats cool. You get email on one?
Old Timer Feedback
Old 06-15-2006, 04:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to thrive78

Zaurus 5500 --> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=38331
POG #1062
POG Feedback MCB Feedback
thrive78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 05:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
terrible speller

Send a message via AIM to knightmare96

palm has to know its on its last leg, I have sold electronics for 4 years, and no one buys Palm anymore, its rediculous. Their customer support is legendary for sucking.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
Passing through rider

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Customer support is better than the hardware... Your lucky to get 6 months out of any of the things without having a problem.
Old Timer Feedback
Old 06-15-2006, 08:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

The only problem I ever had was the light would turn off, whenever it felt like.
I bought the extended warranty from comp usa.
I called them up and they sent me a new unit. and I sent the old one back on thier dime.
the new unit sucked and they sent me another one (and a UPS label to send that one back)
It took three tries and an updated model before everything was happy camper status.
It was the Comp USA warranty that made the difference.
By the time this one takes a dump, I'll be ready for a new and improved model anyway.

Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES.. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS
mrwisker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 12:50 AM   #9 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I had a few Palm Units -->

Palm 3x
Treo 180
Treo 300
Treo 650

I was happy until I got to the 650 realizing the "older" units had more real and usable software that came with the units.

I was happy until I attempted to install the sync software onto the 650, not realizing it will attempt to install the older, incompatable software from my previous installations.

It took about 5 calls to their so-called customer service number to find out exactly why my 650 was not working properly. Turns out I had to uninstall all the older software and then the 650 software and then all the optional software (that I no longer had, that palm no longer supported)

Now, it seems simple enough but had they figured out that in the first place (or put it in their manual) I would be a happy camper.

Looking into the windows camp for my next combo because I sure as hell won't buy another palm device.
mike31c is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat