mcarterbrown.com

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 07-20-2006, 10:38 AM   #21 (permalink)
Post Whore

My pool is GREAT now…. As usual.

I think some folks are skipping over that fact that what happened was not normal. It was caused by events that could not be kept up with and affected ponds all over NH which had to be closed by the State.

I use a modest testing kit which tells me more than simply chlorine and Ph levels. I guess you could call it a mid level kit.

I also use the chlorine tablets in the baskets, along with regular shocking and other chemicals needed to keep levels “good”.

Pools are like fish tanks. You can ask 100 people what they did to keep their tank “right” and get at least 25 different answers. And each tank is different, has different fish, different amount of fish, different fish food, running different filters, you name it. Pools are much the same. It is also why you can go to a “professional” and get one answer and then go to another “professional” and get a different one.

I hope everyone has a nice clear and warm pool this summer. I know I do.
POG #934 / CPPA #2157 / LPPC #1 / BLACKLEAF OUTFITTERS
"Post because you have something to contribute, not because you want to contribute to your post count." - Me
A5OG / STRIKE FORCE MEMBER
shartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 11:01 AM   #22 (permalink)
Post Whore

Too bad you weren't mayor of your town...
One guy down here in Central FL had the local fire department fill his pool for him. Would have saved your water bill...

I'd advise shocking it periodically and if you have any warning on one of these storms, shocking before it hits. Definitely helps down here when the hurricanes come through, although we usually don't get rain for quite as long.

(Oh, the guy I mentioned is "being investigated" for "inappropriate use of municipal resources")
craltal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 11:10 AM   #23 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by craltal
Too bad you weren't mayor of your town...
One guy down here in Central FL had the local fire department fill his pool for him. Would have saved your water bill...

I'd advise shocking it periodically and if you have any warning on one of these storms, shocking before it hits. Definitely helps down here when the hurricanes come through, although we usually don't get rain for quite as long.

(Oh, the guy I mentioned is "being investigated" for "inappropriate use of municipal resources")
I don’t mind the water bill. We checked and the first time we filled the pool our bill only went up about $15. I can’t complain about that.
shartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 04:46 PM   #24 (permalink)

the pool i work at is cloudy and they are trying all this stuff like shocking and all but a friend who also works there who has a pool in her yard and is a year round swimmer keeps saying to jstu put baking soda in it (works liek shocking but suposdly does somethign a little different)
-matt
Scenario Paintball Team
SR_matt is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat