mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 06-12-2013, 03:12 PM   #1091 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
My dad always talked about his Indian with the suicide shifter. He never had pictures but by what he described and saying owning it new about 20 years before I was born it would be like this one. Wish he kept it and passed it on lol.

http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI...ab=AllFeedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gascolator View Post
DashHopes has a nelspot that has internals that were polished by Chuck Norris, using only his beard to polish them.
That nelspot never needs lube, shoots 2,000 ball per second, never needs reloaded, doesn't require an air source and when the paintball hits somebody the result is the same as if Chuck Norris round house kicked them.
He nick named the gun Reggie.
RIP
"heinous"
2006-2014

Last edited by DashHopes; 06-12-2013 at 03:15 PM.
DashHopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:12 PM   #1092 (permalink)
Bitter Young Man

Just ate **** yesterday going about 25 mph. Rider in the opposite lane waved at me, waved back, when I put my hand back on the bar I grabbed too much front brake and flew over the handlebars, landed maybe 10 feet away in the shoulder. I'm okay though, I was wearing full gear and in fact my jacket and pants didn't even get scuffed.

Funny thing is, besides a busted turn signal and scraped bar end, bike came out pretty much unscathed. No fairing damage.

Now I got a funny story to tell people, so I'm not even really mad about it. Totally my fault.
HyePower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:16 PM   #1093 (permalink)
Exterminate!

Send a message via AIM to WilD

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyePower View Post
Just ate **** yesterday going about 25 mph. Rider in the opposite lane waved at me, waved back, when I put my hand back on the bar I grabbed too much front brake and flew over the handlebars, landed maybe 10 feet away in the shoulder. I'm okay though, I was wearing full gear and in fact my jacket and pants didn't even get scuffed.
Wow... how embarassing. By the way, it's standard practice to wave with your left hand, and only when it is safe, IE when you don't need to be operating the clutch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes View Post
My dad always talked about his Indian with the suicide shifter. He never had pictures but by what he described and saying owning it new about 20 years before I was born it would be like this one. Wish he kept it and passed it on lol.
I LOVE Indians. My first motorcycle was a little Taiwan made Indian dirtbike when I was a kid and I think I will always have a soft spot for the brand in all of it's incarnations.

Last edited by WilD; 06-12-2013 at 03:22 PM.
WilD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:20 PM   #1094 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyePower View Post

Funny thing is, besides a busted turn signal and scraped bar end, bike came out pretty much unscathed. No fairing damage.

Now I got a funny story to tell people, so I'm not even really mad about it. Totally my fault.
And that's how your mother and I met.

-HyePower

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:38 PM   #1095 (permalink)
Bitter Young Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilD View Post
Wow... how embarassing. By the way, it's standard practice to wave with your left hand, and only when it is safe, IE when you don't need to be operating the clutch.

I always use my left hand to wave, I honestly don't even know why I used my right hand but whatever. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertT1 View Post
And that's how your mother and I met.

-HyePower
Except the only person who pulled over to help was a dude. He was a biker too though.
HyePower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:40 PM   #1096 (permalink)
Ornamental redneck

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
That's why I usually don't wave. A friendly head nod seems safer . Glad you made it out ok besides a bruised ego

taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:24 PM   #1097 (permalink)
Thick

Send a message via AIM to HurtCow

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
Lose the windscreen. Please?
Yeah it's coming off when I get home from work this eve. I miss feeling the wind, plus it makes for some weird helmet buffeting above 60mph, like my whole head's vibrating. Will probably throw it back on when it gets cold and rainy.

Took wife for a 1/2 hr ride on it last night, and now she's hankerin to log some miles on it. She loves the bitch bar.

If I hurt your feelings or otherwise offended you, click here.
HurtCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:15 PM   #1098 (permalink)
Exterminate!

Send a message via AIM to WilD

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
I just found an interesting thread on triumphrat.com that might crossover with peoples's interests here... A Triumph bobber with a BRASS fender! I think it is a fantastic idea.
WilD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:22 PM   #1099 (permalink)
Paintball Hunter

I'll post what I've owned...

First bike (when I was 18) was a 1981 CB-750c. I bought it for $500, and put 8,000 miles on it from october to Feb in a Massachusetts winter!

That spring I bought a SV-1000 fully faired like this one...

Then I bought a VTX-1800 (baddest cruiser around!) in 2005...

Then I was hit (t-boned) by an 81 year old who ran a stop sign... bike was totaled.

I focused on other things these past 2 years (like getting back into paintball!!!!) and plan to have a kid or two before getting another bike...

But I'll definitely be riding again... after a decade in the saddle... you never get rid of the itch...

I've already done the 'standard UJM', the quick as hell sport-bike, and the bad-arse top-o-the-line cruiser... next bike I want something different and unique...

Maybe a Cafe Racer

or Ural...

Hammer7
Venarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:24 PM   #1100 (permalink)
Photo Guru

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
If you like that Cafe Racer, check out Zero Engineering. I love their style!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat