mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 05-22-2011, 05:39 PM   #201 (permalink)
RTR ESSG

Well I just got back from looking at a very clean R6. It's an 06. I really hope he doesn't get another offer, but he says he will let me know what happens (has another guy interested as well).

Crosses fingers

Feedback +28|-0
YouTube|flickr
shadow_772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 05:56 PM   #202 (permalink)
I see dead people

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow_772 View Post
Well I just got back from looking at a very clean R6. It's an 06. I really hope he doesn't get another offer, but he says he will let me know what happens (has another guy interested as well).

Crosses fingers
Did you make an offer?
Old 05-23-2011, 01:20 AM   #203 (permalink)
RTR ESSG

Of course.

Hmm, now I start thinking about insurance for a young 20 year old lad like myself :\ hahah

Feedback +28|-0
YouTube|flickr
Old 05-23-2011, 01:22 AM   #204 (permalink)
Formerly DeTrevni

Okay, so, I've decided to sell off most of my paintball stuff to fund a custom Triumph build. Go me. It's amazing how powerful the pull of twin cylinders can be...

Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:29 AM   #205 (permalink)
I see dead people

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow_772 View Post
Of course.

Hmm, now I start thinking about insurance for a young 20 year old lad like myself :\ hahah
So the guy turned down someone with cash in hand to wait on someone else? That's odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoo View Post
Okay, so, I've decided to sell off most of my paintball stuff to fund a custom Triumph build. Go me. It's amazing how powerful the pull of twin cylinders can be...
And what might you be selling off? AND, what might you be getting for your Trump?

A couple years ago a good friend of mine was looking to unload a new frame and other odds and ends and was going to sell them to me cheap. I would have had to sell some serious guns to pick it all up. I ended up passing on the deal 'cause I knew it would cost me more in the end.

There are days I wish I had a regular 9-5er so I had a steady stream of income to get back into bike building.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:08 AM   #206 (permalink)
RTR ESSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
So the guy turned down someone with cash in hand to wait on someone else? That's odd.
You would think so, but I am starting to think that "haggling" is a northern thing. People down here are firm with awful prices and seem convinced they will get it. I made a good offer, (IMO a damn good offer) and he says there is someone else interested as well. If they beat my offer, congrats to them I suppose. As nice as it was, I would rather hunt for a better deal.

I think if this doesn't work, I am going to look around the powersports dealers around here about getting a new 250r or a kawi 250. Better off I don't kill myself anyhow on a first streetbike right? They are cheap, it would be new, and the gas mileage would be great.

Feedback +28|-0
YouTube|flickr

Last edited by shadow_772; 05-23-2011 at 03:35 AM.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:47 AM   #207 (permalink)
Post Whore

And don't worry too much on insurance....much much cheaper for a bike than a car.

Insurance companies figure that if you are in an accident....the bike is total, and they do not have great resell value so they are out very little....and what you get is not a life insurance policy so when you do get in that wreck....they don't have to pay.

My 15 year old son was less than $200 per year.
Brother Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:48 PM   #208 (permalink)
RTR ESSG

Yea, I didn't realize that when people complained about high bike insurance they weren't looking in the right place or had tickets or other deciding factors. Talked to a few people who told me what they pay and its not bad.

Feedback +28|-0
YouTube|flickr
Old 05-23-2011, 02:25 PM   #209 (permalink)
Formerly DeTrevni

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
And what might you be selling off? AND, what might you be getting for your Trump?
Everything, excepting my gold Phantom. Sandridge project, Redux, K-Frame PGP, it's all gonna go.

I'm looking to build a rigid inspired from retro salt flat racers, seen here and here.

Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:54 PM   #210 (permalink)
I see dead people

CCM Fan
Those are pretty hot! You sourced a frame yet?

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat