mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 08-27-2012, 04:23 PM   #831 (permalink)
Bruins World Order

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality Compromised View Post
Anyone have suggestions for riding pants and gloves? I have a full face helmet, boots and a riding jacket with armor. But I still ride in jeans. Need to fix that.
For pants there's a company local to me called Velocity. Their pants are absolutely top notch in their construction and quality and fit well.

Any jeans with kevlar reinforced seat and knees is great, if they have hip and knee armor even better.
http://velocitysportsgear.com/usa/ve...lar-jeans.html

For gloves I would strongly recommend Icon Overlord gloves. The Kangaroo palms seem like a gimmick but after using someone else's Cowhide they really are better.
Seconded. Hence forth this is to be the official nomenclature of marker sales. Violators will be violated.

Last edited by StJimmy666; 08-27-2012 at 04:27 PM.
StJimmy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:02 AM   #832 (permalink)
MCB Member

my new ride that i'm going to modify so i can ride it. i'm in a wheelchair for those that don't know me. i broke my neck racing dirtbikes 20 years ago. i've been wanting to get back on one ever since too so i went and bought one.

2013 KTM 300 xc. badass machine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
Ok choochie, the duck is not troubled, it's dated. The technology is old, it's like 8mm stop motion film reels, nothing will ever replace them, they are nostalgic one of a kind but for today's youth the expectations are CGI.
my feedback
c6quad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:48 AM   #833 (permalink)
Thick

Send a message via AIM to HurtCow

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Awesome, Chad! What's your plan?

If I hurt your feelings or otherwise offended you, click here.
HurtCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:26 AM   #834 (permalink)
MCB Member

well, i'm gonna put a Rekluse clutch in it. with that installed i won't have to worry about pulling in the clutch. as far as shifting gears goes i'm just going to leave it in one gear for now. 2nd or 3rd gear probably. a 300cc 2 stroke has plenty of power for me to take off from a dead start and not worry about bogging down the engine. i have to build some sort of crash bars to protect my legs when i fall too. i'm not planning on any type of training wheels or retractable landing gear to hold the bike up when i stop. i'm just going to rely on someone to kinda catch and hold the bike up when i do stop. i have to modify the seat to give me some support so my *** doesn't slide around. i'll have some sort of lap belt too. i'll also make some mods to the handlebar grips too. we're still brainstorming ideas and haven't officialy started yet but i hope it won't be too long before we do. it'll be an evolving project for sure. my main goal for now is to just get on it and ride around in a field. if i can manage that ok...who knows what will come next. i'm going to document the project and film it too.
Quote:
Ok choochie, the duck is not troubled, it's dated. The technology is old, it's like 8mm stop motion film reels, nothing will ever replace them, they are nostalgic one of a kind but for today's youth the expectations are CGI.
my feedback
Old 08-30-2012, 02:42 AM   #835 (permalink)
Thick

Send a message via AIM to HurtCow

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Knowing what challenges you face, I bow down to your awesomeness and ambition. I'll share your progress with a friend's wife who got hurt 6 years back.

If I hurt your feelings or otherwise offended you, click here.
HurtCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:36 PM   #836 (permalink)
MCB Member

thank you man! is your friend's wife a spinal cord injury? if so, what level?

it will be a challenge for me. being a quad and having no grip is the major hurdle i face. if i was a paraplegic this would have been done years ago. now, with the invention of the Rekluse automatic clutch it is now possible for me to do this. i know i'm not going to be able to ride and race like i once did but just getting back on one to simply ride on flat ground in a field will give me so much pleasure. i've been going back to the races ever since i bought my nephew a dirtbike to race several years ago and man have i wanted to get back on one. i've been sitting on 4 wheels for 20 years now. i'm ready to get back on 2 wheels!
Quote:
my feedback
Old 08-30-2012, 01:30 PM   #837 (permalink)
WALZ Jr.

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
I had a coworker who was paralyzed and had a motorcycle fabricated with a "sidecar" that he rolled into with a handlebars and a lever that connected to the forks of the actual motorcycle. I rode with him one and I sat on the cycle itself, but he was controlling everything; pretty neat contraption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukie View Post
I told him NOT to fart with an upset stomache. never trust a fart!
Bigtuana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:33 PM   #838 (permalink)
DSL is new here

We had a senior project here where they made a set of retractable stabilizer wheels for a motorcycle. And this system was designed to not suck like all the current ones. Basically the wheels would gently come down at like 30 and just help a bit and then they would lock down when the bike came to 5 mph, and release in the same order. Though they didnt have time to finish yet, luckily one of their group members was a school employee wrking on getting their degree so he'll be around a while, he's actually make it for his dad.

Gear Bag Sale!

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killedcookie View Post
I propose we make a brass guillotine.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:41 PM   #839 (permalink)
MCB Member

that's cool. there were two guys local to me that had the exact same type of setup. i used to see them at bike night years ago. unfortunately one of the guys got killed on his. i have no desire to be on the street. the street is just too dangerous. if i were able bodied i'm sure i'd have a supermoto style bike and i'd be on the street. i'm sticking to the dirt where i don't have to worry about someone talking on a cell phone pulling out in front of me. i've known way to many people killed on the street.
Quote:
my feedback
Old 08-30-2012, 01:46 PM   #840 (permalink)
MCB Member

i saw a nice setup of retractable wheels on youtube. the guy had a toggle switch that would raise and lower them. later down the road i may look into doing something like that. i have to get on the bike and riding it bfore i worry about that.
Quote:
my feedback

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat