mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 09-29-2012, 01:08 AM   #951 (permalink)
Gustat quasi gallinaceo

Yep morons on sportbikes are squids...

Cause that's what they look like after the accident they are destined to have...

Silence is Golden but Duct Tape is silver...

Shrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:53 AM   #952 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by StJimmy666 View Post
Put someone with an equal skill level to me on a sumo'd bike (not a hypermotard etc.) and I'll take them on at any track or any twisty road. They have a slower bike on the straights, slower entrance speed, slower apex speed, none of the exit acceleration, and nowhere close to the lean angle I do. I'll even do it on a 250. I've spanked a WR250 with road tires on a Ninja 250R. The only 2 bikes I will concede have the advantage are the Ducati Hypermotard and the SuperDuke.

I think you're talking about posers and weekend riders who are scared to give any speed into or during a corner.

This is just like how 250 and 125 owners will go on about the same "fact".
spanking a WR250 isn't saying much and of course you'll outrun one in straights. in tight turns or short city streets you're not gonna keep up with a supermoto though. a sport bike is not as nimble and is heavier. there's a popular place not far from here that is tight and twisty. the supermoto bikes eat the sport bikes up on that stretch of road and it's not because they're posers or scared.

with that said...there are places where a sport bike will be on top, no doubt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
Ok choochie, the duck is not troubled, it's dated. The technology is old, it's like 8mm stop motion film reels, nothing will ever replace them, they are nostalgic one of a kind but for today's youth the expectations are CGI.
my feedback
c6quad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:26 AM   #953 (permalink)
Bruins World Order

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by c6quad View Post
spanking a WR250 isn't saying much and of course you'll outrun one in straights. in tight turns or short city streets you're not gonna keep up with a supermoto though. a sport bike is not as nimble and is heavier. there's a popular place not far from here that is tight and twisty. the supermoto bikes eat the sport bikes up on that stretch of road and it's not because they're posers or scared.

with that said...there are places where a sport bike will be on top, no doubt!
Actually since a WR250X will beat a Ninja 250 9 times out of 10 on the straights and off the line it is saying quite a bit.

And those places you speak of where a sportbike will win are you know...everywhere. I think your definition of tight turns is a serpentine test with pylons in a parking lot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder_Pilot View Post
Personally, I've always been partial to 'Impending roadkill' or 'Future organ donors'.
I like "Road pizza"
Seconded. Hence forth this is to be the official nomenclature of marker sales. Violators will be violated.
StJimmy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:08 AM   #954 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by StJimmy666 View Post
And those places you speak of where a sportbike will win are you know...everywhere. I think your definition of tight turns is a serpentine test with pylons in a parking lot...
not hardly man...you're not going beat a supermoto bike everywhere...it just ain't gonna happen and it's foolish to think it will happen.
Quote:
Ok choochie, the duck is not troubled, it's dated. The technology is old, it's like 8mm stop motion film reels, nothing will ever replace them, they are nostalgic one of a kind but for today's youth the expectations are CGI.
my feedback
Old 09-29-2012, 03:27 AM   #955 (permalink)
Bruins World Order

AKA Fan
The only pros I see to owning a Supermoto are: if you actually do Supermoto events, getting around the city, hooliganism.

If what you're saying is they'll get you around the city better and easier, yes I will concede that obviously. But if you're doing a "spirited" ride, there's just no way a sumo is keeping up in the twisties or the track.
Seconded. Hence forth this is to be the official nomenclature of marker sales. Violators will be violated.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:40 PM   #956 (permalink)
Post Whore

we won't get into the pros and cons...

not just better and easier...quicker! anyways...we just need to agree to disagree...it's all good.

out of curiosity though what kind of sportbike do you ride?
Quote:
my feedback
Old 09-29-2012, 01:36 PM   #957 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Ugh time to start,

So you guys are arguing I thought I may change the subject :]

So this is my bike.
98 ZX-6R
Guess what, 102XXX. And she runs so damn amazing. No clutch issues, nothing at all. She runs like she has 30KM on her.

Now with that being said, also never seen rain unless gets caught in it :[.
which she did in these pictures. Kinda dirty from the pickup from rain but enjoy.

So it's getting colder up here in Nova Scotia. And it sucks to ride in. But unluckily this happened.

she broke right off. Good bye break

Yeah I lowsided, bummer it happened! But these gives me a excuse to get her ready for the project. Throwing these fairings in the garbage as soon as they are off, and can't for that.

current progress.

I`ll keep updating as she gets build and everything starts getting rebuilt/polished and if I get new parts! I'll make a actually post later and keep you guys with updates.

Wait till you guys see the paint and design!

(also, any haters say I shouldn't do this to an old bike or blah blah blah, please ignore my post, thank you)

Enjoy :]
Slipknot666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:15 PM   #958 (permalink)
Bruins World Order

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by c6quad View Post
we just need to agree to disagree...it's all good.

out of curiosity though what kind of sportbike do you ride?
Yea, fair enough.

I have daily access to an 09 R6S that's been upgraded beyond recognition (power commander, ohlins shocks and damper, the works) as well as a 2005 ZX6R 636, and I'm in the market for a Suzi SV650SA since I can't afford to insure my own sportbike till I'm 25 I commuted for a bit of the summer on the R6, but it was too damn hot all season for full leathers so I only really rode at night

Did you get the build underway for your customized dirtbike?

Slipknot, that looks sexy, what are you planning to do? I might get a 94-96 ZX9R as my 3rd bike ^_^

Last edited by StJimmy666; 09-29-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:17 PM   #959 (permalink)
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrub View Post
Yep morons on sportbikes are squids...

Cause that's what they look like after the accident they are destined to have...
What am i called if im a moron on a naked bike?
Droop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:21 PM   #960 (permalink)
Bruins World Order

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droop View Post
What am i called if im a moron on a naked bike?
Well define moron...squid isn't an exclusively Sportbike term, it describes a mentality and riding style (or lack thereof I should say).

I want to be a cop in the UK. They get all the coolest ****. Lotus, Evos, STis, ZX10Rs, etc.

Last edited by StJimmy666; 09-29-2012 at 04:32 PM.

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat