mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 06-12-2011, 06:09 PM   #21 (permalink)
Rejected by Caelus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarakian View Post
I'm an IT guy, so depending on whether people are web surfing where they shouldn't be, it can get pretty dirty. Or is that not what you meant?

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/feedback/116955-gunraptors-feedback.html
GunRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:13 PM   #22 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Fubarius Send a message via Yahoo to Fubarius

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I'm a CNC wood router programmer/operator, in charge of 4 machines. The big one when setup correctly will send out a rooster tail of wood chips flying about 12 feet. We have a dust collection system, but it's no where near big enough. At the end of a busy day I'm wading knee deep in sawdust and wood chips. Darn stuff gets into everything.

Nunquam emere quid potes facere
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:35 PM   #23 (permalink)
old but still playing

Send a message via MSN to Ranger 53

Try Sandblasting where you live in the dust and dirt all day long and then they send in a wear gate covered in Lead paint to blast in a totaly inclosed unit so all the old paint as wellas the sand and dust is laying all around youand you have to enter and leave threw an air lock system. The painting part is just as bad as your always on a resperator and coveralls. try to remove some of the plastic paints afterwords or better yet try removing rino lineing after it is set upfor an hour or so on the skin.
Ranger 53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:50 PM   #24 (permalink)
BLOODwaSHED

Not as bad as some of the jobs already mentioned but I used to roof for 4 years.
And that can get pretty dirty, shingle rock gets into everything, roofing tar is a monster to wash off, fiberglass sticks into your arms and you're always cutting yourself up on something.

....I hated that job.
"I'm not an atheist, and I don't think I can call my self a pantheist. We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many languages. The child knows someone must have written those books. It does not know how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the arrangement of the books but doesn't know what it is. That , it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward God. We see the universe marvelously arranged and obeying certain laws but only dimly understand these laws. Our limited minds grasp the mysterious force that moves the constellations. Albert Einstein
bloodwashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:54 PM   #25 (permalink)
Banned

i almost forgot. that lab tech job i had also sometimes help out the macro bio lab, which means handling of dissection class dead cats, organs, etc. at one point we had a tub of expired sheep brains that we had to get rid of. they were all preserved though, so they don't smell bad. it's probably gross to someone but foul smell bothers me more.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:15 PM   #26 (permalink)

i a hitman lol. thats pretty dirty.
stemmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:16 PM   #27 (permalink)
Red=mod, but not Schmitti

CCM Fan
Funny thing is my job was one of the only ones to break Mike Rowe. I do a bit of everything from picking up trash (including anything thrown out on the tracks, even deer hit by trains) digging out rotted railroad ties and rail as part of a replacement job. think gravel that has been left outside for fifty years with all kinds of unknown substances soaked in and topped off with a daily asbestos and dead animal bath. Now take a shovel and dig.
We have an expression in the railroad trade "be careful what puddles you step in, they may not be your own"
On a good day we do hot top. 8-125 tons by wheel barrow. In the summer heat. I actually consider this fun.

Great spirits always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds-Albert Einstein

Support your local fields. The game you save may ne your own.

"No matter how cynical you become, it's never enough to keep up." ~ Lily Tomlin
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:19 PM   #28 (permalink)
MCB Member

Does teaching freshman count?
bellicose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:28 PM   #29 (permalink)
Kicking Cancer's ***

Send a message via AIM to Moose

CCM Fan
I sell and service water and wastewater equipment. I have been in some wet wells that would make Mike Rowe puke up his shoes.

Proud Recipient of Project M - Thanks MCB!!!

MCB Feedback
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:33 PM   #30 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I surely do not the dirtiest job out there but has it's days...
I do a combination of operating, servicing and maintaining equipment in the Horn River Basin during the winter months.
The operating aint so much the dirty part but the the servicing and maintaning is. Crawling in, on, and under machinery in 20-50 below weather can be brutal.
Ever change a hydrolic hose on a John Deere 770 grader at 40 below? Oil everywhere, It's a nightmare to do even in a shop.
Freeze my hands on a near daily basis in the winter time.
Pump_Action_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat