mcarterbrown.com

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 06-21-2011, 02:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump_Action_Prophet View Post
This is true...mechanically speaking Chevrolet's are GMC's.

Honestly though I do like my GMC...Although it does have it's drawbacks which I wont mention in order not to start a truck vs truck war...
If the GMC I bought wasent so darn inexpensive I'da never bought it, Ford FTW!!!
Wrong. GMC's are Chevrolet's.
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
Toolbelt

Send a message via AIM to Abizdafuzz

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I don't know if the GMC/Chevy trucks are made on the same line exactly, but I know for a fact the Ford, Mercury, and Mazda small SUVs do roll off the same line in any order at the plant in MO. I wouldn't of believed it till we saw it while there looking at a possible vendor part issue. I'm sure they all work the same way too, everything else in the auto industry is UAW/International company standards.

Now, I do love my two GMC trucks that I have/had and like them better than my parents' Chevy versions but it might just be the extra standard stuff that would be options. No solid reasons or proof of a difference just my personal opinion and observations of having owned/driven both. There is no good reason for the price difference either...both do the same thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTurtle View Post
You could work for TSA. It is like a gigolo, but you get paid worse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
Does it improve the pump stroke? We like to think so. Will it make you a better player,shoot straighter and further,and make impossible shots?

Only a T2 can do that.

MCB Feedback AO Feedback
Abizdafuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 05:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
MCB member U MEMMMBER?

front Grillz,better interior options,higher purch cost and hold value alittle better....everything else SAME
FEEDBACK :http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post1194437[url]
PAYPAL: PREMIUM VERIFIED USER
our work halloween pic as my Avi.......
oldskoolkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 05:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

I have not noted them to hold value any better. You can order a stripped down GMC and you can order a loaded Chevy. There are only a handful of "odd" things one may offer that the other does not - IIRC GMC offered the Denali P/U with AWD (no push button options) and the 6.0 in a 1/2 ton + way fancy interior. I do not recall that option package being offered on a Chevy.
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:02 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Palmers Fan
Made on the same line, just badges.
My dad bought a GMC in the late 80's and one front fender had the GMC emblem and the other fender had a Chevy emblem.
paintslinger16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:48 PM   #16 (permalink)
Miembro de MCB

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
For the most part, on all GMC vs. Chevy vehicles, it is basically just trim option differences. Mechanically, where it counts, they are identical.

As for the clones, I'll throw in the fact that the Isuzu i280 and i350 are the same as the Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon. [But, they had a better powertrain warranty.]
alkafluence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:34 PM   #17 (permalink)

I think the major difference between the two is about $3000.
cwest1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 04:36 PM   #18 (permalink)
A Pirate's Life for Me

CCM Fan
The only difference is available options. Those options you choose will dictate the price difference. Also, GMC and Chevy dealerships offer different incentives at different times.

For instance. GMC offers fullsized pickups and SUV's in the Denali package. Chevy doesn't have an equivalent.

Chevy offers (historically) their small/midsize pickups with the Xtreme package. GMC doesn't have an equivalent.

If there's an option you want that one offers and the other doesn't, go for it. Otherwise it's just who's offering the better deal on that day of the week, imo.

I own a Chevy, myself:
Old 06-22-2011, 04:41 PM   #19 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwest1977 View Post
I think the major difference between the two is about $3000.
When I last looked at new trucks I was told by the dealer (both Chevy and GMC) that I could have which ever grill I wanted for the same price.
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:15 PM   #20 (permalink)
XYZZY

Send a message via AIM to Jaan Send a message via Yahoo to Jaan

I special ordered a pickup truck brand new (3/4 ton, 454...) and I pretty much went to every Chevy and GMC dealer around. I wanted the GMC since it was a little nicer looking. Every GMC dealer I went to wanted a lot more than Chevy for the exact same truck.

I agree with you...I would never buy another GM vehicle ever again. The ABS died under warranty, the rear brakes locked up under warranty, the solder joints on the windshield wiper motor failed in torrential rains, also fixed under warranty, the battery died, the limited slip was messed up...and that's just the first 6 months. You would think after all these years they would have figured out V8 rear wheel drive by now.

"My happiness doesn't depend on anything. My heart is always happy. I do have anger issues though."
Jaan is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat