mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:47 AM   #31 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

As with any marketplace, the consumer will have the final word, and if these Valken sponsored teams don't sign up to play, and their numbers are many, the PSP may re-think it's stance.
WGPKlaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:58 AM   #32 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGPKlaus View Post
As with any marketplace, the consumer will have the final word, and if these Valken sponsored teams don't sign up to play, and their numbers are many, the PSP may re-think it's stance.
And on the flip side, what will happen with the NPPL with Valken being the ONLY one selling paint?
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:13 AM   #33 (permalink)
Post Whore

I just wanted to thank shadawg for making my morning with his analysis of 15 U.S.C. 1, et seq.

With that out of the way,
Air Power Vector... a MAN's gun....... A gun with a report loud enough that lesser players will pee themselves in fright at the massive concussion wave emmited by the stout thick walled barrel of DOOM. A paintball gun fit for Arnold in the original Terminator movie. A gun that'll pump up those pect's of yours to where women will swoon at the raw muscles you'll soon have.

Air Power Vector, for the man that has climbed to the peak and wants to look down on the beaten and defeated opponents left in his wake.
John Satclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:49 AM   #34 (permalink)
Needs new knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadawg View Post
I have Lanes disingenuous response on Propaintball, as well as the fact that Valken's paint sponsorship being refused, something that has never happened in 20 years of Tournament paintball. You have to understand that these actions are so off the wall, which is why their has been much hand wringing and teeth gnashing. These actions are pretty much in response to the amount of play Valken is getting in the field with retail accounts and field operators. They are doing big business and signing a lot of operations up. This move is an attempt to block them out of the sales environment at PSP by making it so that Field Operators who bring their teams to the events are forced to deal with KEE/ DXS on terms in order to get favorable paint service at National Events in contravention of sales agreements they may have with Valken. This is a big picture tactic and you need to be pulled back from the leagues action to see the full impact of it on the marketplace.

Lohman thank you for explaining to Tarakian the concept and how they are different, I thought I did a pretty good job the first go round but obviously I was mistaken.
Link?
Shane-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:40 AM   #35 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
If I own a private business, buy a product from a supplier (or suppliers) and then resell it at a "fixed" price, how is that different than signing a contract with a supplier (or suppliers) and having them sell the product at a "fixed" price at my place of business? (not saying that paint prices are "fixed" at PSP events, but I'm sure the prices will be set, just like at every other business)
Because you actually own the product your are not engaging in price fixing. If you never actually own the product and tell others what they can sell it for you are possibly allowing and engaged in horizontal price fixing. They may not be breaking the letter of the law (I am not an attorney and this is a complex enough matter) but they are surely breaking the spirit of it.

Adam Smith argued that in order for capitalism to bring about a "greater good" for everyone that the market place had to be relatively inexpensive to enter (and exit).

I think both sides are likely right on this. Is what is happening legal? Probably. I am not a lawyer and I bet they checked. Is it within the spirit of ethical principles generally applied to business? No. It violates at least the autonomy principle, likely the harm principle, likely the benevolance principle, the reciprocity principle, . It fails at any type of harm / benefit analysis. The current smokescreen totally ignores the concept of the veracity principle.

The PSP has shown in the past they do not care about any of those principles. Why it surprises anyone now is beyond me.

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful" Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed

Last edited by Lohman446; 02-16-2012 at 12:02 PM.
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:17 PM   #36 (permalink)
Canuck MCB Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ThisIsPaintball.ca

Yet again the point was made with the NPPL being only a Valken only distribution point for a league but you do not see the players who use Empire/RPS/GI Milsim/DXS crying and yelling online about how unfair it is that they cannot buy the products that they usually use at the NPPL events.

Sadly this response of outrage and finger pointing to one league is a rather good smoke and mirrors trick to get the focus onto the big bad league and not focus on the other league who is actually doing the exact same thing.

On a sort of side note and a bit of a Canuck joke on the point of;

Adam Smith argued that in order for capitalism to bring about a "greater good"

Not really sure how well that is working for the US economy at the moment (no offense), the auto industry, the Subprime mortgage crisis and lastly the 2008-2009 bank bail outs come to mind rather quickly about how the market place sometimes doesn't leave "an exit" when there is a lack of support.

Honestly using any example from Adam Smith at this point of history certainly isn't going to put much weight onto anyone cause.

I guess the sport of paintball is just at the historical point of "To Big To Fail"...
ThisIsPaintball.ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:28 PM   #37 (permalink)
I've porked many

Meh, the big bad evil paintball league thing is so passe anyway. Just playing for fun, makes a whole lot of the pointless drama.

My Feedback Thread[/SIZE][/SIZE]
pillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:40 PM   #38 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsPaintball.ca View Post
Yet again the point was made with the NPPL being only a Valken only distribution point for a league but you do not see the players who use Empire/RPS/GI Milsim/DXS crying and yelling online about how unfair it is that they cannot buy the products that they usually use at the NPPL events.

Sadly this response of outrage and finger pointing to one league is a rather good smoke and mirrors trick to get the focus onto the big bad league and not focus on the other league who is actually doing the exact same thing.
The NPPL isn't doing the same thing though. The companies, other than Valken, are choosing to not support the NPPL (at least so far).
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:41 PM   #39 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsPaintball.ca View Post

On a sort of side note and a bit of a Canuck joke on the point of;

Adam Smith argued that in order for capitalism to bring about a "greater good"

Not really sure how well that is working for the US economy at the moment (no offense), the auto industry, the Subprime mortgage crisis and lastly the 2008-2009 bank bail outs come to mind rather quickly about how the market place sometimes doesn't leave "an exit" when there is a lack of support.

Honestly using any example from Adam Smith at this point of history certainly isn't going to put much weight onto anyone cause.

I guess the sport of paintball is just at the historical point of "To Big To Fail"...
They are receiving government support? I'm not sure what your last premise actually is.

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful" Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:48 PM   #40 (permalink)
Spoken.

Shouldnt a business give the customers what they want? If the people paying to play in the PSP are calling for Valken paint, the PSP should take note of that.
Stuff for sale
Nike+ Sportband/sensor
Quitting Sale
Jdaddy615 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat