mcarterbrown.com

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 02-24-2012, 04:42 PM   #81 (permalink)
BEES BEES BEES

Send a message via MSN to Harbinger[TG]

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
I don't think that EMR joined the battle at all. Andy Potter has been their paint sales supplier for quite a few years. He changed companies last year when DXS was bought out. I think this has more to due with Blue's relationship with Andy, not some Tourney drama. Just my take.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsPaintball.ca View Post
I know that EMR changed mostly due to Andy Potter moving on once DXS was back into Richmond's control. My point with that was how Blues Crew was a huge PR arm for DXS and now with everything that is happening with the politics of paintball they are moving onto another brand. When good people (although I don't personally know Blue I have nothing but up most respect for how he runs things) flip brands which have supported them for a long period of time it might be a direct response to the current drama and maybe even though EMR isn't stepping into the drama battle it does show how teams/fields etc can at the drop of a hat change affiliations so companies will start to to reconsider the support that they provide to the end users of this sport as belts get tighter and tighter.
And before DXS it was JT, and before that is was evil. It has nothing to do with tourney ball or the drama.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:47 PM   #82 (permalink)
Canuck MCB Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ThisIsPaintball.ca

My point wasn't to put a finger on EMR or Blues Crew it is just stating how the drama is closed linked to how any field/team in the history of the sport at some point in time flips who they promote like hot cakes and how the industry seeing that and how they shift their attitude of what "sponsorship" actually is in the current economic climate.

Yet again just used the EMR news to point out another issue which has always been a problem in the sport.

No issues with EMR nor Blue just was using the timing of the "We will now use Valken" press release as a case point.
ThisIsPaintball.ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 05:35 PM   #83 (permalink)
BEES BEES BEES

Send a message via MSN to Harbinger[TG]

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsPaintball.ca View Post
My point wasn't to put a finger on EMR or Blues Crew it is just stating how the drama is closed linked to how any field/team in the history of the sport at some point in time flips who they promote like hot cakes and how the industry seeing that and how they shift their attitude of what "sponsorship" actually is in the current economic climate.

Yet again just used the EMR news to point out another issue which has always been a problem in the sport.

No issues with EMR nor Blue just was using the timing of the "We will now use Valken" press release as a case point.
They really have nothing to do with each other. People want stuff for free, and sponsors want recognition for giving out free stuff. I am not going to name names, or go into great detail, but I have seen all sides of this. I have seen pro teams have 3 sponsors in 18 months and every switch, it was the greatest gear ever. I have also seen people that were anti-company A right until they got free stuff. It really has nothing to do with this current drama. It is the beginning of the year, most contracts come up now, it is just a coincidence.

I can probably count on one hand how many teams were 100% loyal to their original sponsors. Most people will jump ship for a better deal, aka, more free stuff.

I am not even going to get into the fact that most sponsorships are just discounts.

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat