mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Largest in NH

The Meaning of Paintball

One of our regular players from a few years ago, his name is Josh, use to play up at our field every weekend. He was diagnosed with Choroideremia (a degenerative eye disease) and was forced out of regular play due to losing his sight. He wrote this touching piece yesterday and I wanted to share it with everyone.

The meaning of paintball Boston Blind Runner

He is now attempting to run the Boston Marathon and is looking for donations to enter. Posting this up is the least we could do as we watched him from his first day to when he decided to call it quits because he was unable to see.

A little about him and what he is trying to do: Josh Crary is Boston's Blind Runner on Vimeo

and how to donate: Team AccesSportAmerica Boston 2012 | Joshua Crary's Fundraiser on Crowdrise

If this is in the wrong spot I apologize. I feel like this is something we can all relate to as losing the sport we hold so dearly would be devastating. I have posted the link on our facebook page here as well if you want a quick spot to share it with your friends. Good luck Josh!!
OSG Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

Dude, that is some story. Makes you thankful for the everyday blessings from God, like sight, walking, hearing, taste (food!), etc.

I miss OSG too, I'm living in SC now and haven't been able to play there since 07 or so when I left for college. Great field and staff. Had a blast on those pump days Dave hosted way back. The man borrowed my sl-68II and played with us, awesome. I shot him out and I think he got me in another game. I had the black sterling. Great field owner as you can tell by Josh's blog post.
James_Blond is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat