mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:35 AM   #11 (permalink)
Blowback Throwback

I'm absolutely down for n MCB sesh. I usually surf Newport or HB but I make it to Trestles about once a month and down to Blacks/Scripps a few times a year.

I've got 4 sticks in my quiver right now:

7'6" Fun Shape
6'8" Semi-Gun
6'3" Quad Shortboard
5'11" Quad Biscuit Fish (my favorite)
Old 03-26-2012, 10:15 AM   #12 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironchef97 View Post
Hey, just wondering if there's any surfers out there? And I don't mean internet surfers , if you do, how long and where do you like to surf?
Originally from SoCal (currently in the Peoples Republic of Marylandistan, so not much "real" surfing here) Irvine, and Dana Point to be exact. Spent many hours before and after school at Newport Beach, favorites were blackies, and the wedge(all three, short/boogie/body), weekends were divided between Huntington Beach pier and the trestles (San Onofre). When I was in HS, we did make several trips into Mexico, I can't recall the beaches, but I will say, that was some of the best conditions I've ever surfed inside the CONUS.

On several vacations to Hawaii, I did try longboarding, and I'll be honest, it wasn't my thing, and the reefs were a pain in the arse! lol
WGPKlaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
Ran out of characters.

CCM Fan
I tried once with a family friend in New Zealand, with limited success. I did see something pretty awesome. A guy pulled up (In a BMW), got out, looked at the waves, took off his business suit to reveal the wet suit he was wearing under it, took his board off the roof of his car and headed in.

I wakesurf, does that count?

(Look Mom, I'm surfing!)

How to get around UPS fees

Last edited by mtaylor; 03-26-2012 at 03:18 PM.
mtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:18 AM   #14 (permalink)

RTP Fan
Cool, I started 1 year ago and haven't been able to stop, I love it, although I find it's hard to improve quickly!
ironchef97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:40 AM   #15 (permalink)
BRaSzEaGuL4LYFe

I've surfed a few times along the outer banks, NC, maybe 5-6weeks total, took one lesson to help me get the hang of it quick. I'm not good, but I can stand up and ride a wave, maybe make a turn or two. The best waves were at Salvo, but Corolla and Emerald Isle were decent and were perfect beaches for learning. I havn't tried a short board yet, just a few fun boards ranging from 7'2"-9', I actually have a short board at home but I need to do some glass repair on it.
coldy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:20 AM   #16 (permalink)
Deplorable...

i'm walking distance here in jersey but haven't figured out how to do much but fall most of the time.

i'm a life-long beach nut, so i have several wetsuits and could probably go out regardless of water temps.
i want to get to the beach this weekend.

if the waves get too high or conditions are dangerous there is a dog beach about 1/2 mile down the inlet that gets decent rollers...

past & present http://www.freewebs.com/non-inflammable/

my feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Barack Hussein Obama = Biggest Fraud Ever Perpetrated Upon the American People

freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:52 AM   #17 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldy13 View Post
I've surfed a few times along the outer banks, NC, maybe 5-6weeks total, took one lesson to help me get the hang of it quick. I'm not good, but I can stand up and ride a wave, maybe make a turn or two. The best waves were at Salvo, but Corolla and Emerald Isle were decent and were perfect beaches for learning. I havn't tried a short board yet, just a few fun boards ranging from 7'2"-9', I actually have a short board at home but I need to do some glass repair on it.
I've got a place in Corolla, and have tried surfing the OBX, but I seem to miss the storms that bring decent surf. I will say, that the breaks there are good for beginners, unless you're trying your hand at Kite Surfing which I took up last fall, on the sound side, and let me tell you, OUCH!
WGPKlaus is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat