mcarterbrown.com

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

I am normally not a fan of Nike sports gear but picked up a Nike glove last year after trying countless others and am very very happy wiht it.

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:37 AM   #12 (permalink)

Switching it up a bit here...Just ordered a miken mv-1 bat for the fall season. Has anyone used miken bats before? How do you like them?
potts213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

im not a fan of Miken bats... on the soul premise that most morons around here will buy Mikens and then either shave or roll or both to the bats. So i have seen far to many miken bats crack or break.

But, if the bat is brand new. Just "break it in" properly and it will be a very nice bat that will give you good power and control. Just watch the end cap on your bat to notice if it is coming off or splitting from the barrel. Common thing in most high end composite bats. 99% of the time it is covered under warranty by the manufacturer.

Paintball Sally's
25614 75th St
Salem, Wisconsin 53168
262-843-2747

Paintball Sally's Myspace Page! ADD US!

Paintball Sally's Face Book Fan Page!
Trevorjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:18 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

I've owned Rawlings and Easton gloves, never had a problem with either. I found the Easton I own is stiffer. Not sure which ones I have, nothing your looking for though... I play mid infield and use small gloves. But yeah, quality wise I'll stick with Rawlings or Easton.
Pump_Action_Prophet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:06 AM   #15 (permalink)

Yeah, Mikens were more in my price range so thats what I got. Winning is not that important to me that I would alter a bat and have that possibility of hurting someone. I pitch so I would hope that people would have the same respect and not alter their bats but I know that everyone is not like me. Any tips on breaking in the bat? Just rotating it in my hands when taking bp?
Old 08-08-2012, 12:14 PM   #16 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

yep. just imagine 12 numbers that rotate around the barrel. after every hit, rotate the bat in your hands to the next number. Should take roughly 200-400 solid hits to get the bat to the proper flex point (broken in).

also, one thing to take note. If you are in a casual league you shouldnt have any issues. But if you are in a serious league, i would make sure that NSA 1.2 bats are allowed. I know most, especially around here, leagues only allow ASA bats

Paintball Sally's
25614 75th St
Salem, Wisconsin 53168
262-843-2747

Paintball Sally's Myspace Page! ADD US!

Paintball Sally's Face Book Fan Page!

Last edited by Trevorjk; 08-08-2012 at 12:18 PM.
Trevorjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:27 PM   #17 (permalink)

yeah, I did already check and one league that I am in is nsa and my coed is utrip. Thanks

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat