mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Softball players?

Well softball season is here and I am in need of a new glove! My new dog kinda ate my old one in the off season. I have always had cheap ones but I am going to be playing on two teams this year and need one that will hold up. I like open back gloves and wanting something that is 12 3/4 or 13 inches. I just got a rawlings gold glove series basball glove and love the quality but do not know if I like the other models that they have for softball. I am thinking about getting a gold glove series outfieldbaseball glove. I normally pitch, play 3rd or outfield! Any softball players here or does everyone just play paintball! lol Price range around 100 but is a little flexable. Thanks
potts213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Bruins World Order

AKA Fan
I was about to suggest Rawlings. I can go check the one I have for the "model". It's about 3 years old, but still feels new (it was already pretty loose when I got it) and since it's a 1B glove it's held up really well. It ran about $95 canadian, so probably closer to $90 US.
Seconded. Hence forth this is to be the official nomenclature of marker sales. Violators will be violated.
StJimmy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:23 AM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah I really like the quality but am trying to maybe find a diff brand with an open back. I don't really like the ones with just one finger hole in the back.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

I always used Rawlings myself. I tried others just for the sake of trying others, but always went back to rawlings. They make great stuff, and since you are comfortable with it, why switch?
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Rawlings makes open back styles. I'd recommend you look around Academy or an equivalent sporting goods store to get a feel for the different styles. Then go to a place like Eastbay online to see if you can get a better price once you know what you want.

I've got a Worth softball outfield glove, and frankly, think its too big. I also have a Rawlings Gold Glove 13" baseball glove, and that's the one I use 95% of the time. That said, Worth makes a lot of quality softball-specific gloves. For a bit more, Nokona is a quality brand.

With any gloves, it's worth stepping up to the next price-point from Wal-mart prices. Investing $55-60 versus $30-35 can make a huge difference in break in and durability. If you're really going to play a lot, it can be worth investing in a pro-model glove, but expect to spend $100+.

SSniper13
SSniper13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:23 AM   #6 (permalink)

I think that I have found the two that I am looking at! Pros of the rawlings is that I have a gold glove line baseball glove and like it....cons dont like the closed back and the open top web. The mizuno glove pros are that I like the open back and the webbing...cons are I have never owned a mizuno glove and in the reviews people said that the thumb spot take some getting used to!

Rawlings Gold Glove Gamer 12 3/4" Baseball Glove | Softball.com

Mizuno 2012 MVP Prime 12 3/4" Baseball Glove | Softball.com
Old 04-04-2012, 07:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
Official DSG Fanboy

I bought an Easton "natural" series four years ago and loved it. 12.5" but it is a closed back. Best glove I have ever used and I have been playing ball for over thirty years. Just my 2 cents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertsr View Post
"So there I was, sitting at the keyboard one handed, and I said to myself, 'that really looks like you're wife'..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
Thing's lucky it scampered off because I would have skulled it to death if I'd managed to get my hands on it.
Moosepatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Ill second the Easton Natural series. I have the Elite Natural series in 12.5 and im in love! this is my 2nd high end glove i have purchased. My first being a Mizuno some 8 years ago. The leather strap finally tore off that held the glove on my hand.

My suggestion, Brand really means nothing when you get into the $100 plus range. Just get an all natural leather glove that feels like an extension of your hand. Size is dependent on what you like. I like 12.5 some like 13.5 ect ect.

Paintball Sally's
25614 75th St
Salem, Wisconsin 53168
262-843-2747

Paintball Sally's Myspace Page! ADD US!

Paintball Sally's Face Book Fan Page!
Trevorjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Also, find a good Dicks Sporting goods. They will usually have some damn good gloves. Just remember when trying out a glove that they will all feel stiff and clumsy. proper breaking in techniques, oils and creams, will make the glove perfect.

Paintball Sally's
25614 75th St
Salem, Wisconsin 53168
262-843-2747

Paintball Sally's Myspace Page! ADD US!

Paintball Sally's Face Book Fan Page!
Trevorjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:30 PM   #10 (permalink)

Yeah that mizuno is the exact glove that I like but some people have complaints about it! They also said that for a 12 3/4 glove it is rather small!

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat