mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 04-17-2012, 07:57 AM   #21 (permalink)
Bruins World Order

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
StJimmy666 - which group do you want? The cheating group I played with or the other group which is apparently more laid back and playing for fun?
Both would be great. Are you on Airsoft Canada/planning to be?
Seconded. Hence forth this is to be the official nomenclature of marker sales. Violators will be violated.
StJimmy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:23 AM   #22 (permalink)
Simple mind - beware

Quote:
Originally Posted by StJimmy666 View Post
Both would be great. Are you on Airsoft Canada/planning to be?
I will ask my buddy for the names of the groups or players in the groups.

Funny thing about Airsoft Canada... went to register Sunday and it said email address in use.. appears I signed up on there back in 2006

Same name as here - Chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvik View Post
9 times out of 10, it's an electric razor. But sometimes...

it's a dildo.
Me Feedback
Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:24 AM   #23 (permalink)
The Game

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
I quit paintball 2 years ago to get into airsoft, I played a few games and had a lot of fun. But after I sold most of my stuff and bought a bunch of airsoft stuff. I realized it was a big waste of money. The attitudes of some players amazes me. I usually don't care if someone is cussing, it doesn't bother me, what bothers me is when there are little kids around and the f bomb is being dropped right and left.

And yeah, the cheating, made me made too. I would shoot someone and they wouldn't get out so I'd say "Hey you're hit, you're out" and they'd say "You never hit me f***ing liar". Yeah....at that point I was like forget it I'm going back to paintball.

Airsoft is fun if its just a couple friends playing together in a back yard. But when it gets "serious" then its no fun.
pirhana92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:40 AM   #24 (permalink)
I drink and I know things

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
That's the main reason I haven't started playing or even tried airsoft. I knew the guys who play airsoft locally back when they played paintball. Biggest cheaters I ever knew, not in the mood to play airsoft with them when cheating is so much easier.
QFT there Disco why do you think you'd never ever catch me running with the DMZ airsoft crowd? other than a few select people I KNOW are honest it's all the guys that got called out being cheaters in paintball so they switched to something where it's easier to cheat

Feedback +38/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:45 AM   #25 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via Skype™ to PoisonMarket

Must be a culture difference. Here, airsoft guys are basically the more "proper" guys. Nerdy as hell, but very polite and such. What gets me is the constant chatter and the whole "sim" aspect that some are really into. I thought milsim in paintball was serious business, but it's got nothing on these guys. Amusingly, the sim deal seems to stop at gear and replicas since most of the guys are pencil-thin and/or just plain out of shape. Makes the whole get up look a bit off, but that's sort of charming.

But... they have all been very polite, almost to a fault. And since it's more about gear and roleplaying than it is about actually playing the suggested game types, the games are much too slow and lack that sense of action movie in real life that it damned well should have considering all the commandoes on the field. But I'll be damned if I'm not going to change the direction of that.

Action hero at www.flashpointevent.se
Media jedi at www.tacticalstore.se
PoisonMarket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:57 PM   #26 (permalink)
Simple mind - beware

with everything being said, I do plan on making a couple more trips out with different groups before I make up my mind. Worst case I have about 7-8 friends who own gear - nothing stopping us from playing our own games on private land.
Quote:

it's a dildo.
Me Feedback
Old 04-18-2012, 05:24 AM   #27 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via Skype™ to PoisonMarket

The most fun I had in the games we played last summer involved stalking through the woods with two other players and getting involved in a few small skirmishes. All of that involved at most 8 players, including people on the opposing team. As soon as it became about more people and bigger battles in more open spaces, it actually became less interesting. Which is odd since I really like big clashes in paintball. I guess the fact that you have to stay hidden or else you might get nailed by a guy with good range adds to the quality of going stealth.

Action hero at www.flashpointevent.se
Media jedi at www.tacticalstore.se
PoisonMarket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:51 PM   #28 (permalink)
Recball fanatic

The cheating that goes on in airsoft can get old quick. With the right group of people it is a blast though.
Chem Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:56 PM   #29 (permalink)
Simple mind - beware

Necro'ing my old post... because I can.

Played again a couple more times with the same group.
Happy to say the cheating has been fixed (some of the players removed).
I have gotten to know the guy running the field and he is doing a great job.

Must say, I am really enjoying airsoft now so much that I have already picked up my first gun

Never thought I would see the day that I would be selling paintball gear to fund airsoft, but here I am.
Quote:

it's a dildo.
Me Feedback
Old 09-24-2012, 03:10 PM   #30 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

NOOOOOOOOO!! Come back to the dark side!

Nah airsoft is pretty fun sometimes. I went out and played with some of my hardcore airsoft friends
a few times this summer who were kind enough to loan me some gear. The first time I went I showed up
wearing my dye pants and a t-shirt. Looked like a complete idiot in the crowd of
ACUs, plate carriers, ARs, red dots, helmets, and what not lol.
I borrowed a decent gas powered glock 18 with 3 50rd mags and just ran around like crazy.
No real problems with cheating though. Most guys just honestly couldn't feel any hits due to the kevlar and heavy clothes lol.
Super cool group of guys though so I don't think I would mind having at least one decent airsoft gun in the collection.

FYI: USPS Flatrate IS the same price when shipping to Alaska...

http://www.etsy.com/shop/MKEphotography
Marbo40k is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat