mcarterbrown.com

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:50 PM   #91 (permalink)
that escalated quickly

Has anybody mentioned X-ray Vision for a superpower-or did I miss it?

Besides checking out what people look like under their clothes , you could also be on the lookout for hidden weapons, drugs, traps, etc..

I probably wouldn't use the power for good though.

"The Miss Universe pageant is fixed. All the winners are from Earth." [Woody Paige]

MCB Feedback
magnificent7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:17 PM   #92 (permalink)
68 Cal Junkie

actual x-rays would cook your own organs, and the organs of anyone you oogled for too long. the penetrating wavelength would probably ignore clothes, skin, and other things that I would find visially appealing, and bounce off of denser objects like teeth and bones.

i suppose you could pump up the voltage and cancer people to death...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agglet View Post
Vampirism is no joke get tested.
spymongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:19 PM   #93 (permalink)
MCB Member

In all honesty, a power I would like to have is Bullseye's. To be able to hit anything you shoot, throw, etc at (aside from blind lawyers, of course), would be awesome. I would go on top shot and totally mop up, and then be a competition shooter. Maybe even a merc for the govt, sniping bad guys at 3 miles out.
bellicose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:23 PM   #94 (permalink)
when in doubt EBD

it would be tough between wolverine who is almost immortal and teleportation

914 Dogs of War (Major)

Aztec Warriors scenario team Texas
Member of Land Sharks

I do home lending in Texas. Need a house let me know if nothing else its free advice.
seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:34 PM   #95 (permalink)
that escalated quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by spymongoose View Post

i suppose you could pump up the voltage and cancer people to death...

That's great! I didn't even think of that. What a really cold way to kill your enemies-slowly & miserably.

I guess that person would be called, RadiationMan?

"The Miss Universe pageant is fixed. All the winners are from Earth." [Woody Paige]

MCB Feedback
magnificent7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:00 PM   #96 (permalink)
BEES BEES BEES

Send a message via MSN to Harbinger[TG]

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by dundadun View Post
planet hulk/world war hulk-he rides on the outside of a spaceship multiple times.
Yeah. I haven't seen how they worked that. The Hulk still needs to breathe and is still somewhat susceptible to gas and suffocation. I'll have to see what I can dig up on the expanded powers. It happens all the time, and I think I touched on it a few pages back, with Wolvie and Sue. Eventually the writers run out of things to do with the normal and historic powers of the character, especially those that will never be killed off. Most characters went pretty much unchanged until the 90s and then again in the last few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elraido View Post
Read a thing from Stan Lee about what super power he would want. He came up with a rather interesting arguement for the one he wanted:

Luck.

If you have super levels of luck, you wouldn't need to worry about someone killing you. They shoot at you, and because of luck, it misses. You win the lotto and have tons of money because of luck. You can basically attribute almost anything to luck...and the results will always be positive.
I was actually thinking about this over the weekend. Longshot and Domino both have luck based powers. It would be pretty good if you could actively manipulate luck in yourself and others. It the power only manages to keep you two steps from death, disability, or being homeless, it might not be that great. But if it can get you into being a mastermind, dictator, president, ceo, then it might be pretty cool. It would probably make you a better paintball player too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seal View Post
it would be tough between wolverine who is almost immortal and teleportation
People put so much faith in Wolverine. He can be beaten by almost anyone with half a brain. They just won't do it because it is their best selling book. wolverine also suffers from the "must breathe" issue. It is like a classic DnD thing. What is the biggest obstacle for most players, dragons, wraiths, trolls, etc? Nope. Water. Lets see how people manage to swim when totally encumbered.

I would always imagine someone finally drugging Logan, which happens often enough, and then put him into a solid 10+ foot cube of concrete and drop him in the ocean. So even if he doesn't die, he sure isn't going anywhere any time soon.

It is not like Wolvie has super regeneration. If that were so, every time his blood was spilled a new wolverine would come out of it. There would be thousands of Wolverines.

Last edited by Harbinger[TG]; 04-30-2012 at 11:07 PM.
Harbinger[TG] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:49 AM   #97 (permalink)
68 Cal Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elraido View Post
Read a thing from Stan Lee about what super power he would want. He came up with a rather interesting arguement for the one he wanted:

Luck.

If you have super levels of luck, you wouldn't need to worry about someone killing you. They shoot at you, and because of luck, it misses. You win the lotto and have tons of money because of luck. You can basically attribute almost anything to luck...and the results will always be positive.
Metal Gear Solid 2 - Lady Luck (German subtitles) - YouTube

like Fortune from MGS2? clearly one of the lamest bosses in a game full of lame bosses.

Luck sometimes is helpful, luck all the time and you feel really unlucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agglet View Post
Vampirism is no joke get tested.
spymongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:21 AM   #98 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger[TG] View Post
Yeah. I haven't seen how they worked that. The Hulk still needs to breathe and is still somewhat susceptible to gas and suffocation. I'll have to see what I can dig up on the expanded powers. It happens all the time, and I think I touched on it a few pages back, with Wolvie and Sue. Eventually the writers run out of things to do with the normal and historic powers of the character, especially those that will never be killed off. Most characters went pretty much unchanged until the 90s and then again in the last few years.
Might be a bit of a spoiler, but they eventually say that every time Banner goes Hulk, it's not always the same Hulk. Current Hulk doesn't always remember what past Hulk's have done. Also, some Hulks are stronger and I think the Planet Hulk one is probably one of the strongest.

I agree that wolverine's healing is overhyped.
If it wasn't for his indestructible skeleton he would be a mess. Take the fights of him versus his son Daken(who has claws but not the adamantium skeleton). Their claws clash and Daken's arms are broken. Also the whole bones healing in the wrong direction thing. Deadpool's cancer enhanced hyper healing actually lets him constantly rebreak and straighten things out better but yeeesh.

Also wolverine is vulnerable to lack of oxygen, it's just that he can't really get brain damage.

Another fun power, but would drive you insane, would be to see chain reactions.

Last edited by dundadun; 05-01-2012 at 02:47 AM.
dundadun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:07 PM   #99 (permalink)
Not a Squatch...

Send a message via AIM to Timber_Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnificent7 View Post
Has anybody mentioned X-ray Vision for a superpower-or did I miss it?

Besides checking out what people look like under their clothes , you could also be on the lookout for hidden weapons, drugs, traps, etc..

I probably wouldn't use the power for good though.
It would be better to be a telepath. You could know when someone is carrying a weapon or whatever and if they intend to use it for malicious purposes. You could also dig through their memories to see what they look like naked in a mirror. Lol.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:56 PM   #100 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Time control
sparticus is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat