mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 09:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
I like Guns and Cigars.

Hummer driver's bumper sticker

Yeah, on the way home today I was behind a Hummer with the bumper sticker below. I was pissed on so many different levels. Just about enough to drive me to Eco-terrorism.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Electro Food

Behold, the counter to the environmental extremists.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Go 'Hawks!

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
.........and?

Victis Honor

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Nemo Malus Felix
Old 04-24-2012, 10:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Prime Tinkerer Tech II

Send a message via Yahoo to phosphor

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggot View Post
Yeah, on the way home today I was behind a Hummer with the bumper sticker below. I was pissed on so many different levels. Just about enough to drive me to Eco-terrorism.
Do you really think anyone actually wants to stripmine the planet? No. This is an obvious jab at environmental nutjobs to piss them off...
'I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.' Ben Franklin
Old 04-24-2012, 10:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg
you know, i always wondered about their magazine ads, have you guys seen them?

it's usually a pristine nature scene, i've seen grasslands and fresh snow fields, with the hummer dead center driving forward and fresh tire tracks behind. i suppose it's suppose to advertise the scenery that one can see when driving a car that can go anywhere, but all it makes me think about is "does that place really look better with a set of tire tracks from your car?"
Old 04-24-2012, 10:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

So you were driving and complaining about someone elses lack of environmental concern? Many passengers in your vehicle with you?

Everyone wants someone else to do something to save whatever their cause is. I know people who drove more than 30 miles to go to earth day rallys. Kinda defeats the purpose IMO

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Old 04-24-2012, 10:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
(V) (o,,,o) (V) WOOP WOOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
So you were driving and complaining about someone elses lack of environmental concern? Many passengers in your vehicle with you?

Everyone wants someone else to do something to save whatever their cause is. I know people who drove more than 30 miles to go to earth day rallys. Kinda defeats the purpose IMO
San Francisco Parks Trashed On Earth Day: Celebrations Are Not Very Eco-Friendly, Huge Messes Left Behind

MAggot:

I am so sorry that your feelings were hurt by a bumper sticker on the back of a large vehicle.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
I like Guns and Cigars.

uh

Quote:
Originally Posted by foughtwolf View Post
MAggot:

I am so sorry that your feelings were hurt by a bumper sticker on the back of a large vehicle.
I thought this was good conversation material, but it seems to have brought out the asshat in some.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg
Pretty funny if you ask me. Hey, James Cameron is gearing up to mine asteroids after all right?

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
I like Guns and Cigars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post

Not complaining about the lack of environmental concern, that's none of my business. Complaining about the overt display of a selfish and pompous sense of entitlement.
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat