mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 06-30-2012, 11:20 PM   #91 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
Well, I saw The Sky Crawlers for the first time. Good anime! The animation and art was good. Story was also something new and interesting. That one threw quite a curve ball too..
Old 07-01-2012, 04:06 PM   #92 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.

I might check out the first season of Rinne no Lagrange. I'm sorta of a sucker for mecha, but still couldn't get into eureka7 series. I got the Eden of the east series and still need to finish that

For sale!--->Polished clear and pink Luxe 2.0, TiPX (to be posted...), Works project (to be posted...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay View Post
Shoulda Gone to Bacci.
Donut SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 05:51 PM   #93 (permalink)
Formerly DeTrevni

I'm watching Noir right now. Good show.

I also watched a movie called "Strait Jacket." I left disappointed. Art was good, and the story had potential, but it was completely unfinished. It was more so a pilot for the series (which I may watch) than a stand-alone film.

Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:49 PM   #94 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.

Just started Sword art Online, i'm hooked already on that one. That's definitely on my watchlist

For sale!--->Polished clear and pink Luxe 2.0, TiPX (to be posted...), Works project (to be posted...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay View Post
Shoulda Gone to Bacci.
Donut SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:55 AM   #95 (permalink)
Pump Dinosaur

Here is a vid from one of the bands that performed at AX - concert was Saturday night and here is the killer - they sound as good live as in their music video - seriously

[KSxxxJ] Sacred Seven AMV PV - Stone Cold (FictionJunction) JAP SUB - YouTube

its insane

the other concert that we hit had this performer - LiSA

Thousand Enemies - [Girls Dead Monster] Angel Beats! (FULL SONG with slide show) - YouTube

already got our tickets for next year - here's the kicker - premier fan tickets for NEXT year sold out within 13 days of offering.....

my mcb feedback
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:09 AM   #96 (permalink)
Fluffy Bunnies for life!!

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM Photographer View Post
Well, I saw The Sky Crawlers for the first time. Good anime! The animation and art was good. Story was also something new and interesting. That one threw quite a curve ball too..
The animation was great for Sky Crawlers, the quasi WWII feel of the planes was awesome. The story was confusing at first but then once you figured it out it blew your mind. The manga is supposed to clear the story up or rather explain it better.

Netflix is great for getting people hooked on anime.

Ebay Feedback
MCB Feedback
Jkoselka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:40 PM   #97 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to wolf13 Send a message via Yahoo to wolf13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut SD View Post
Just started Sword art Online, i'm hooked already on that one. That's definitely on my watchlist
I finally watched it this week through the first arc, and I am going to say that SAO is probably one of my all time favorites now. That may change after the second arc, but the first arc was just a great anime. Episode 1 and 2 didn't do a whole lot to start with for me; but to be honest, episode 3 was one of the most emotionally wrenching anime episodes I can recall. After that, I had to keep going. The end of the arc, while not an ending I really liked (maybe anime adaption over comic?) did pose a question that I think a lot of people who consider it would really struggle with. I haven't started the episode after the final battle so we'll see how it develops.

Going to also add Jormungand to my currently watching list, I see theres a new season.

Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero was one I wanted to like, but it never delivered the action scenes I hoped for with more talking than DBZ.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:20 PM   #98 (permalink)
(V) (o,,,o) (V) WOOP WOOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM Photographer View Post
I watched it a little drunk the first time through and it mind me big time. Took me a couple days of trying to explain it to myself before I watched it again, made me sorta sad that it was just a sport and they didnt even seem to know.

This is the tenth line of my signature
foughtwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:09 PM   #99 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Send a message via AIM to Stuffy

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
I don't think anyone mentioned it yet, but has anyone watched FLCL?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_yeo View Post
Crossing the street in a third world country is my favorite extreme sport.

/My Feedback / My Art / My Portfolio / My Channel / A Review / WTB: Green JT IZE-Flex Mask/Parts! / FS: One of a Kind Stock / Rare Raincovers FS!
Stuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:23 PM   #100 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuffy View Post
I don't think anyone mentioned it yet, but has anyone watched FLCL?
Might be time to rewatch it
dundadun is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat