mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:39 PM   #101 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to [MOOSE]

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuffy View Post
I don't think anyone mentioned it yet, but has anyone watched FLCL?
One of the best Anime ever! IMO That and Cowboy Bebop and Trigun.
Long distance member of: Team Long Stroke (It's like a long distance relationship only better)
[MOOSE] is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:50 AM   #102 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
Still waiting for the new Black Lagoon movies...

<-- not going to pay $1,600 for the complete imported set.
CCM Photographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:59 AM   #103 (permalink)
MCB Member

Anyone else as excited as me for Hellsing Ultimate 5-8 November 13th?
Old 10-19-2012, 12:02 PM   #104 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
I just saw an ad for War of the Worlds:Goliath. Looks good. Going to have to find it now, since it came out around two years ago.
No Mercy Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:25 PM   #105 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.

Sword art is progressing well. I'm lovin it so far. I like the twist they threw at you after the final battle. Looking forward to the second arc.

Almost reminded me of Guilty Crown. It all goes well and because the ending didn't sit right with me (in guilty crown) it was a satisfying end. You can't always have the super happy lovely ending. And that made guilty crown an emotional ride.

New season is looking good so far. I bailed on a bunch of the new ones for lack of interest. Rogue hero sucked, I dunno why I tried to hang on....bewbs maybe. Lost interest fast.

K
is neat for the story...buuuuut...There's a strange overly platonic relationship between two males I'm not enjoying in there. I might bail on that too, the visuals however are really cool. Every scene has a specific gradient map for it, I think that's pretty creative. Episode 3 just lost all seriousness near the end....it may be time to jump ship on that one.

Shin Sekai yori
is neat for the "way in the future" theme. I like how it's so far in the future humanity has started to decline.

Psycho pass.
Insta-fave. I'm not gonna explain. If you like cyber-punk, ghost in the shell, detective stories, and the like, pick it up.

Robotics;Notes.
Decent so far. I'll make a decision after ep 2 or 3 if it'll hold me over. I like the Mecha factor, but it seems childish. Not "gundam" enough for me lol.

Chuu ni Byou.
Gotta have school comedy.

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun.
Gotta have at least one love story per season. This one's on my list.

I'm still looking forward to the movie release of Blood-c the last dark and the last installment of Gundam: Unicorn.

edit: suddenly realized I haven't caught the revamped version of Space Battleship: Yamato yet...

For sale!--->Polished clear and pink Luxe 2.0, TiPX (to be posted...), Works project (to be posted...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay View Post
Shoulda Gone to Bacci.
Donut SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:56 PM   #106 (permalink)
Sugar Loaded Candy Cane!

Send a message via AIM to Mstrtal Send a message via Yahoo to Mstrtal

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
I like how they are keeping true to the SAO's light novel! I can't wait to see how this next arch develops myself. I am also curious to see how they handle the final arch when it comes to that and will be sad when it ends. It has fast become my favorite anime out of the latest batch out and the one I most look forward to.

Bedknobs and Boomsticks!

Originally Posted by commandoman
Kick back and enjoy the atmosphere, sexy girls at my school keep me sane through the worst lectures by the worst professors

Mstrtal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:15 PM   #107 (permalink)

Same here it got me hooked fast

For sale!--->Polished clear and pink Luxe 2.0, TiPX (to be posted...), Works project (to be posted...)
Quote:
Shoulda Gone to Bacci.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:12 PM   #108 (permalink)
Sugar Loaded Candy Cane!

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
I was in a hurry earlier so i didn't really chime in to much other than SAO but a couple of thoughts of my own.

Psycho-Pass; Liking it myself, also for the same reasons you mentioned. It's dark and twisted and that appeals to me. Sort of puts me in mind of Elfen Lied though less blood.

Busou Shinki; (Not on your list) Opening sequence really caught my eye! Two miniature battle android girls battling it out at high speed with blasters and swords, i mean whats not to like! Then it sort of took a U-turn into Hand Maid May territory. Basically a young guy comes back to his hometown and brings his three+1 mini-girlbots with him. I almost gave it a pass after the 1st episode but so far I am glad I didn't as it is picking back up with episode 3. (Plus I did like Hand Maid May)

Btooom!; (Another not on your list), About a NEET who is #1 in Japan and #10 globally in an online game of the same name who finds himself trapped on a tropical island playing the game for real. Found myself instantly glued to this one. I mean come on what would you do if you found yourself trapped on a deserted island with no chance of rescue and found out that the only way off was to play a death game and the only weapon was a variety of randomly selected grenades? Oh did I mention everyone also has a personal radar/gps chip embedded in their hand?
Old 10-19-2012, 11:18 PM   #109 (permalink)

I caught the first two eps of btoooom. Interesting concept so far. It's much darker than it appears. Everyone seems to have a shady past... That's always good for twists

What if people who played cod like that we're thrown on an island left to fight it out. Oh wait, isn't that a movie?? Lol.

Quote:
Shoulda Gone to Bacci.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:22 PM   #110 (permalink)
Sugar Loaded Candy Cane!

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
UUUUG I just screwed up and read all 50 available chapters of BTOOOM. I just couldn't help myself. Other than rearranging the order a bit which could cause some continuity issues later on it seems to be following along the manga pretty well. You were right, not to give spoilers, there is some darker aspects to come.

That is the one problem with Anime from Manga adaptations. The temptation to compare and knowing whats to come. Or expecting something and the team behind the anime going a different route. Well that and filler episodes that serve no purpose other than letting the manga develop further because the anime caught up to it.

Bedknobs and Boomsticks!

Originally Posted by commandoman
Kick back and enjoy the atmosphere, sexy girls at my school keep me sane through the worst lectures by the worst professors

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat