mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 01-30-2013, 12:59 AM   #151 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to wolf13 Send a message via Yahoo to wolf13

working my way through to catch up with Shinsekai Yori. If you like Psycho-Pass or deep animes, this is one to check out. Its not anywhere near as overtly violent but it has very dark undertones lurking just below a very civil surface. Very suspenseful, but don't expect psychic wars every episode, more dramatic and mysterious. It won't probably be an all time favorite, but I'll have to rewatch it a time or two.

Watched the current episodes of Hero & Demon Queen. I doubt I'll make it more thna another episode or two at this rate. interesting premise, boring execution.

Hakkenden Touhou Hakken Ibun (not sure the english name yet) - watched to the current episode. Not great, but not bad. This is going to be one of those I'll probably watch to the end, but probably won't look back on once its done and miss.

Magi - I didn't want to like this, I won't say I do like this, but somehow I still watched to I think episode 12. I think I'll probably end there. Could have been interesting, sorta was, but: the animation felt off, the use of well known literary characters was offputting and I found I never really had any interest in the characters much. I felt like there were a lot of things this series could have done, but never actually delivered.

Hunter X Hunter. I enjoyed the original enough I went and read the manga. The remake is almost an exact clone of the original, even seems like the same animation? There are scenes that are significantly different though once you start going through, and not always for the better. I'll be honest, I haven't watched the whole thing, just a few of the later episodes in the 60's and up through the second exam from the start. I plan to go back and watch parts of it, but I don't know if i'll watch the whole thing straight through having seen the original.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:45 PM   #152 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Send a message via AIM to Stuffy

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Anyone watched Highschool of the Dead? It's pretty hilarious...
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_yeo View Post
Crossing the street in a third world country is my favorite extreme sport.

/My Feedback / My Art / My Portfolio / My Channel / A Review / WTB: Green JT IZE-Flex Mask/Parts! / FS: One of a Kind Stock / Rare Raincovers FS!
Stuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:19 PM   #153 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
New Battleship Yamato? I realize the videos are old so I'm probably late to the party..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BGu9HESMuI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Row0rYFQCHs
CCM Photographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:37 AM   #154 (permalink)
Sugar Loaded Candy Cane!

Send a message via AIM to Mstrtal Send a message via Yahoo to Mstrtal

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Space Battleship Yamato is a powerful anime! It is well done from the storyline to the animation to the choice of music. I would hazard to say that it is one of the best anime I have ever seen. Even the sub-plots, messages and internal struggles the individual characters go through are all top notch. Even the choices made for the voice actors and actresses were spot on.

I don't usually praise any anime or manga to this extreme so that should say something.

Bedknobs and Boomsticks!

Originally Posted by commandoman
Kick back and enjoy the atmosphere, sexy girls at my school keep me sane through the worst lectures by the worst professors

Mstrtal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:15 PM   #155 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.

I'm diggin this new battleship Yamato I think I'm on ep5 or 6

For sale!--->Polished clear and pink Luxe 2.0, TiPX (to be posted...), Works project (to be posted...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay View Post
Shoulda Gone to Bacci.
Donut SD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:02 PM   #156 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut SD View Post
I'm diggin this new battleship Yamato I think I'm on ep5 or 6
Where did you find it?
Old 02-06-2013, 09:13 PM   #157 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
What's everyone's thoughts on the new Blood C series? I hear a lot of people bashing it over bad plot and being nothing like the original. Is it that bad? Is it worth a watch to someone who thought the original was "ok" and isn't very picky over things like this?

I just finished watching the live action Space Battleship Yamato movie. I know nothing about the original anime series or it's American adaption so I can't really compare them but overall I thought it was good.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:44 AM   #158 (permalink)
A pretty good guy

One of my friends filled me in after work that Adult Swim was going to be airing Soul Eater now, and today was 1st episode yay

Had started watching long ago but then lost track/got outta touch a bit

I remember it being pretty awesome, saw the episode and it was great as I remember, just gotta adjust to the English voice actors though

Soul sounds older than he looks LoL
karni-collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:35 PM   #159 (permalink)
Sugar Loaded Candy Cane!

Send a message via AIM to Mstrtal Send a message via Yahoo to Mstrtal

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Soul Eater pissed me off that it ended! The manga went a little farther but just ended as well. I don't think the Mangaka got tired of it because he started a spinoff. The spinoff is based on a trio of "weopons" who are going through the academy. Unfortunately it seems to have gone on hiatus about a year and a half to two years ago.

Bedknobs and Boomsticks!

Originally Posted by commandoman
Kick back and enjoy the atmosphere, sexy girls at my school keep me sane through the worst lectures by the worst professors

Mstrtal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:58 PM   #160 (permalink)
Banned

do you guys only watch the stuff that gets imported?
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat