mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 02-18-2013, 05:11 PM   #171 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to [MOOSE]

Brass N Wood Fan
Lol true that. I know I'm spoiled and I like it. I wish I spoke Japanese so I could watch the original dubs.
Long distance member of: Team Long Stroke (It's like a long distance relationship only better)
[MOOSE] is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:14 PM   #172 (permalink)
Banned

even watching walking dead on the dvr i find myself scrolling back anyway. some subtle things that are on screen for a split second would catch my eye. for example the latest episode they mirrored daryl in one shot so his tattoo was on the wrong side. plus i rewatched the paintball mask guy trying to figure out who he is. so i naturally scroll back and forth whenever i have to, that just makes watching subtitles causing you to miss the scene not a burden on me.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:17 PM   #173 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
lol you spoiled american. back when i couldn't speak english this was how we watch hollywood movies. the theaters have subtitles... at least now with streaming you can even scroll back to rewatch any missed scene
On a completely unrelated note, I never knew you couldn't speak english at one time.

Back on topic, I like subs. Yes I do fansubs. I couldn't get most of my simulcast/scheduled anime otherwise. Imports take too long, most dubs are terrible, and I'm just impatient with certain series.

Just a side note for those watching Robotics;Notes. Plot twist, I didn't see any of that coming. It's no longer a happy "let's make high school memories" anime.

edit: subs don't bother me. Alot of the K-drama and K-action movies and chinese flicks I'm catching on netflix are subtitled. I have no problem scrolling around to get all the detail/information I need from the conversation or scene.

For sale!--->Polished clear and pink Luxe 2.0, TiPX (to be posted...), Works project (to be posted...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay View Post
Shoulda Gone to Bacci.
Donut SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:20 PM   #174 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut SD View Post
On a completely unrelated note, I never knew you couldn't speak english at one time.

Back on topic, I like subs. Yes I do fansubs. I couldn't get most of my simulcast/scheduled anime otherwise. Imports take too long, most dubs are terrible, and I'm just impatient with certain series.

Just a side note for those watching Robotics;Notes. Plot twist, I didn't see any of that coming. It's no longer a happy "let's make high school memories" anime.
sometimes when i'm really worn out i can only speak gibberish. i think i did that a few times at mattedays.

as for dubs, yeah i rarely see good voice acting in english. the voice actors for japanese are definitely a cut above, at least their tone matches the emotion of the characters in anime that involve more drama. 08th ms team was a good english voice dub though.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:28 PM   #175 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to [MOOSE]

Brass N Wood Fan
See I'm in no hurry to watch nee anime I just got into it in the last few years so I've got plenty of old stuff to watch.
Long distance member of: Team Long Stroke (It's like a long distance relationship only better)
[MOOSE] is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:28 PM   #176 (permalink)

Quote:
the voice actors for japanese are definitely a cut above, at least their tone matches the emotion of the characters in anime that involve more drama.
yes

Quote:
08th ms team was a good english voice dub though.
and yes. I miss 08th MS team. One of my favorite Gundam series. Gundam unicorn is doing well with both the English dub and the Japanese original having a good deal of drama to it. I just can't stand the voice of the "big chin" lady in either language. No wonder she's a bad guy.

For sale!--->Polished clear and pink Luxe 2.0, TiPX (to be posted...), Works project (to be posted...)
Quote:
Shoulda Gone to Bacci.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:35 PM   #177 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
yes

and yes. I miss 08th MS team. One of my favorite Gundam series. Gundam unicorn is doing well with both the English dub and the Japanese original having a good deal of drama to it. I just can't stand the voice of the "big chin" lady in either language. No wonder she's a bad guy.
i don't watch gundam any more.

saw 08th team, then gundam wing and decided "**** it, all the new **** sucks."
Old 02-18-2013, 05:41 PM   #178 (permalink)

Ever see G Gundam? I tried to like it bit couldn't. That one went on my "forget it" list. Same with seed and seed destiny. Too much stuff I just didn't need.

Quote:
Shoulda Gone to Bacci.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:52 PM   #179 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Ever see G Gundam? I tried to like it bit couldn't. That one went on my "forget it" list. Same with seed and seed destiny. Too much stuff I just didn't need.
G Gundam was horrible but I don't think anything can top G Savior.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:00 PM   #180 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM Photographer View Post
G Gundam was horrible but I don't think anything can top G Savior.
Why have I not heard of that one? Should I even try and look it up?

Quote:
Shoulda Gone to Bacci.

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat