mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 02-21-2013, 10:24 PM   #191 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.

I've foud that to be more than true heinous. And in most cases the anime was an adaptation of the manga to reinforce the IP.

Nothing wrong with that but stories always go deeper than the anime when the media is in manga form. I read all of mirai Nikki before sampling the first episode. While almost everything was verbatim to a T, the manga version held more definition to it, in my opinion anyway.

Heinous have your read any of or at least checked out "Triage X" from the guy that wrote Highschool of the Dead. Pretty dramatic, the story is pretty dark. And I like that.
Donut SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:07 PM   #192 (permalink)
Banned

i actually read and watch very little.

currently i read naruto and watch nothing...
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:28 AM   #193 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to wolf13 Send a message via Yahoo to wolf13

I enjoy reading novels but I've never had much interest in comic books or manga generally. I think the Manga's probably are more consistent than the Anime's in a lot of cases though. I've only ever read a few fanlation manga's, usually when the anime veered off course or some other reason made me want to check out the original version. Claymore I did for instance was a departure form the manga, and midway through a lot of people were complaining about it so I went ahead and started reading the Manga for a while until I think maybe it went on Hiatus or for some reason I stopped. Hunter X Hunter I started reading the manga after I finished the anime just cause I wanted to see where it went until the hiatus became never ending. I have read ahead a little in Fairy Tail, and gone back and reread parts of it as well. That one for the most part, I've been pretty happy with the anime translation of the manga.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:32 AM   #194 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
i actually read and watch very little.

currently i read naruto and watch nothing...
Naruto seems to be really popular. I watched it for a bit. Even tried the manga. Never stuck on me. It is neat for the ninja-ness though.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:47 AM   #195 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to [MOOSE]

Brass N Wood Fan
I read a bit. I like death note. Haven't finished the series yet. I'm starting Dragonball which is way better then the already friggin awesome anime. I would love to find, other than online, berserk. That is such a sweet manga.
Long distance member of: Team Long Stroke (It's like a long distance relationship only better)
[MOOSE] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:04 AM   #196 (permalink)
Sugar Loaded Candy Cane!

Send a message via AIM to Mstrtal Send a message via Yahoo to Mstrtal

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
I could never get into DB. Maybe because of the premise. Look there's a badguy! Lets fight it and get our butts kicked until goku finishes training and comes and saves us! Wash, rinse and repeat. Also most of the characters are named after food or eating so it always made me hungry.

Bedknobs and Boomsticks!

Originally Posted by commandoman
Kick back and enjoy the atmosphere, sexy girls at my school keep me sane through the worst lectures by the worst professors

Mstrtal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:34 AM   #197 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mstrtal View Post
I could never get into DB. Maybe because of the premise.
no, it's because it was meant for children.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:47 AM   #198 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
no, it's because it was meant for children.
This.

On a different note i seem to have dropped all but two anime shows for this season. I guess that's good. I can catch up on Eden of the East finally...
Old 03-06-2013, 03:40 PM   #199 (permalink)

Just watched sword art online up until second season. I could not get past poor character design compared to season one and the choice of fairies(shivers) . It was good up until that point
End rant
Duybuin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:08 PM   #200 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MOOSE] View Post
I would love to find, other than online, berserk. That is such a sweet manga.
Beserk is awesome, I wish they would've finished it completely in anime. I picked it up back when our local Sam Goodie closed down.
Rain-Man005 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat