mcarterbrown.com

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 04-08-2013, 06:18 PM   #241 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to [MOOSE]

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut SD View Post
I didn't catch it yet. saw the preview and it looked like a good laugh
It is pretty funny. I recommend it.
Long distance member of: Team Long Stroke (It's like a long distance relationship only better)
[MOOSE] is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:18 AM   #242 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MOOSE] View Post
It is pretty funny. I recommend it.
Just caught the first ep. I did not expect that. Added to my watchlist lol

also just caught Suisei no Gargantia. Good stuff, thank you again Production I.G.

For sale!--->Polished clear and pink Luxe 2.0, TiPX (to be posted...), Works project (to be posted...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay View Post
Shoulda Gone to Bacci.

Last edited by Donut SD; 04-09-2013 at 12:46 AM.
Donut SD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:37 PM   #243 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to wolf13 Send a message via Yahoo to wolf13

just watched episode 2 of Suisei no Gargantia Looks like a keeper so far and my favorite of the new series by far.

Karneval, Shingeki no Kyojin and Arata Kangatari all could be interesting, but none really grabbed me.

Devil Survivor 2 looks ok, but I don't know if its an actual series or just a couple of game into episodes?
Old 04-09-2013, 08:47 PM   #244 (permalink)
No class

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjd10684 View Post
dont get me wrong I am not closed minded about any anime just saying if your not ready for it it could be a culture shock. and sometimes it does kinda get sketchy. if you saw kiss x sis their was one scene where I was like holy crap they let this on the air. it was about as close to ecchi as I have seen on a network type show. true some other ones give some fan service but this scene went on for maybe 3-4 min.
Yeah, I didn't think and wasn't saying you were close minded, God forbid in our "progressive" state of affairs that you had any moral compass. There is some weird stuff in some anime and sometimes even our own culture shocks me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flounder View Post
Chad Thompson is Paintball!
Feedback

Last edited by RatFink; 04-09-2013 at 08:50 PM.
RatFink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:51 AM   #245 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.

Caught episode one of Shingeki no Kyojin (or, Attack on Titan, or something like that.) Dramatic start, very gripping right away. I'm keeping this one on the list.

For sale!--->Polished clear and pink Luxe 2.0, TiPX (to be posted...), Works project (to be posted...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay View Post
Shoulda Gone to Bacci.
Donut SD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:26 AM   #246 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

New shows I'm watching you should all check out:
Suisei no Gargantia
Shingeki no Kyojin
Devil Survivor 2 The Animation
Old 04-21-2013, 10:28 PM   #247 (permalink)
Post Whore

Is it just me, or 3 episodes in this seems like a pretty weak season of new shows? Suisei no Gargantia is the only one that I've really jumped on. I'm still watching some of the others, but have so far been kinda ho hum.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:37 PM   #248 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf13 View Post
Is it just me, or 3 episodes in this seems like a pretty weak season of new shows? Suisei no Gargantia is the only one that I've really jumped on. I'm still watching some of the others, but have so far been kinda ho hum.
Yeah, Suisei no Gargantia is the only one at the moment that really is reeling me in. At first I was afraid it would be a total mech show, but the story shows differently. It seems they could go in that direction where he goes against more pirates, and they all have their "special mech" which would obviously just destroy easily. But I highly doubt it. Seems to be more about life, and adjusting to a whole new lifestyle. Kind of like The Last Samurai, where he learns their ways, etc.

Attack on Titan (Shengeki no Kyojin) is very meh at the moment. But it seems like it'll get better, they just have a lot to catch us up on before it all begins.

Devil Survivor 2 is alright. Nothing special, but I'll continue to watch it. Reminds me a bit of digimon (obviously not saying they're the same).

At least Hunter x Hunter (2011) started the new arc. And from what people who have read the manga have told me, it's the best arc in the manga. Also very bloody and brutal supposedly.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:30 PM   #249 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr3mium View Post
Yeah, Suisei no Gargantia is the only one at the moment that really is reeling me in. At first I was afraid it would be a total mech show, but the story shows differently. It seems they could go in that direction where he goes against more pirates, and they all have their "special mech" which would obviously just destroy easily. But I highly doubt it. Seems to be more about life, and adjusting to a whole new lifestyle. Kind of like The Last Samurai, where he learns their ways, etc.

At least Hunter x Hunter (2011) started the new arc. And from what people who have read the manga have told me, it's the best arc in the manga. Also very bloody and brutal supposedly.
Yeah, Ledo is so overwhelming tech wise its obviously not going to be a total mech show after this episode, this last episode shows hes going to have to play the good guy from now on and is going to be holding way back. Kinda disappointing because I wanted to see some more mech fights so we'll see where it goes. I have a suspicion we haven't seen the last of the aliens though and he brought something along with him. Still though, right now its an enjoyable show for me either way.

Yeah, Hunter X Hunter is going into the chimera ants arc, I started watching it again. I actually read the manga since i was disappointed where the anime ended and wanted more. Not sure if I would call it the best arc, but its a very long one and VERY brutal (i'd say its a good notch or two above Shengeki no Kyojin in fact from what i've seen so far). It also reminds me of the cell saga in DBZ for a lot of reasons. I don't know if they will tone it down for the anime or not, Its not a happy arc by any means. The manga just finished the arc and I guess you could call a sub arc actually, the writer went on a few hiatus's for it so it took far longer to complete than it normally would have and I'd be surprised if he actually finishes out the next arc for a few reasons, one of them being where he has gone with the charachters.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:49 AM   #250 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf13 View Post
Yeah, Ledo is so overwhelming tech wise its obviously not going to be a total mech show after this episode, this last episode shows hes going to have to play the good guy from now on and is going to be holding way back. Kinda disappointing because I wanted to see some more mech fights so we'll see where it goes. I have a suspicion we haven't seen the last of the aliens though and he brought something along with him. Still though, right now its an enjoyable show for me either way.

Yeah, Hunter X Hunter is going into the chimera ants arc, I started watching it again. I actually read the manga since i was disappointed where the anime ended and wanted more. Not sure if I would call it the best arc, but its a very long one and VERY brutal (i'd say its a good notch or two above Shengeki no Kyojin in fact from what i've seen so far). It also reminds me of the cell saga in DBZ for a lot of reasons. I don't know if they will tone it down for the anime or not, Its not a happy arc by any means. The manga just finished the arc and I guess you could call a sub arc actually, the writer went on a few hiatus's for it so it took far longer to complete than it normally would have and I'd be surprised if he actually finishes out the next arc for a few reasons, one of them being where he has gone with the charachters.
I have the same feeling for Suishei no Gargantia. Things will probably calm down, he'll see the problems they face. AND THEN BAM, ALIENS!

Don't read the manga (probably should). I like "seeing" the action. Seeing pictures of the action I feel won't do it for me.

One thing that pissed me off was the whole *SPOILER*Gon's dad made it so accompany went to Kite but Magnetic Force would've brought him straight to him. Basically, just mad because his dad is such a hardhead. Said it was cowardly to bring someone else. It could be true that he'd bring someone else because he was scared, but after all of his planning he should've obviously known his son would be different than that.*SPOILER*

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat