mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 04-28-2012, 01:42 PM   #41 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf13 View Post
Is Macross Quarter the same as Macross Frontier? If so I've seen the fansub for it, was dispointed in the last half, though their were some excellent scenes throughout.
Oh, that might have been it. I just remember the main battleship being called Quarter. I thought the animation, art style, and action looked pretty good from what I saw in the youtube videos.

I just finished a couple new sets.

Highschool of the Dead. Umm, yeah.. not sure what to think of this one.

Fate/Zero. This one has an interesting story and the action sequences are pretty good. My only gripe with it is that it can be really slow at times.

Last edited by CCM Photographer; 04-28-2012 at 01:53 PM.
CCM Photographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:37 PM   #42 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to wolf13 Send a message via Yahoo to wolf13

yep, that would be the one.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:37 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
it's about an insecure 13 year old boy who had an orgasm when he went to the hospital to visit his comatose teammate and he ended up molesting her. and this anime has FANS.
That's cause you need to see beyond that...it has a deeper meaning.

Or something like that. I don't know, I was there for the giant fighting robots, the bloods and that blue haired chick with the Oedipus complex stuff.

Click for HD Headcam + Guncam paintball videos!
Megatron1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:10 PM   #44 (permalink)
Pump Dinosaur

Fate Stay Night I enjoyed

Legend of the Legendary Heroes wheee =)

Have not watched HOTD debating it but cant quite get myself to spend the $$$ whenever I see it lol

What suprised me was how much better Sekirei season 2 was in comparison to Season 1 - enjoyed that twist a lot - gonna go laugh at Rosario Vampire just for giggles soon too lol

Macross - I still need to get a DVD version of the 1984 movie and flashback 2012 - got em on LD but my player is getting old lol

Linebarrels of Iron was a hoot too

Heroic Age

Hunter Hunter

oh the list on and on and on

/salute

my mcb feedback
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:05 PM   #45 (permalink)
Formerly DeTrevni

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjd10684 View Post
I watched monster it was deep and a good psychological thriller but at the end of the show i could not help the feeling that I sure would like to just shoot the antagonist and get it over with already.
Well, that was the point. By the end of the show EVERYBODY wanted that, but there were battles with emotions, right vs. wrong, etc. Heck, even the antagonist himself wanted that. :P

Magoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:21 AM   #46 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
Have not watched HOTD debating it but cant quite get myself to spend the $$$ whenever I see it lol
That depends.. If you like lots of blood, lots of zombies, and a whole lot of gratuitous fan service then you might like this one. I could have done without the in your face fan service in every scene.

Has anyone seen the new Blood series? Worth watching?
Old 04-29-2012, 12:39 AM   #47 (permalink)
Formerly DeTrevni

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM Photographer View Post
That depends.. If you like lots of blood, lots of zombies, and a whole lot of gratuitous fan service then you might like this one. I could have done without the in your face fan service in every scene.
I'm the same way. I watched the first episode and was done with it. It didn't help that I watched the dubbed version, and the English voice actors were turrrrrrible, and the script was a bit TOO direct-from-Japanese...

Magoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:01 AM   #48 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoo View Post
I'm the same way. I watched the first episode and was done with it. It didn't help that I watched the dubbed version, and the English voice actors were turrrrrrible, and the script was a bit TOO direct-from-Japanese...
I sat through the whole thing. I think I can safely say that the first few episodes were pretty tame compared to what followed. Maybe it's just me but.. I'm not sure I could walk out of the store with that one. Hell, I don't even know what I'd tell the cashier.

Last edited by CCM Photographer; 04-29-2012 at 01:06 AM.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:14 AM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM Photographer View Post
Oh, that might have been it. I just remember the main battleship being called Quarter. I thought the animation, art style, and action looked pretty good from what I saw in the youtube videos.

I just finished a couple new sets.

Highschool of the Dead. Umm, yeah.. not sure what to think of this one.

Fate/Zero. This one has an interesting story and the action sequences are pretty good. My only gripe with it is that it can be really slow at times.
Fate/Zero was slow? I'm a huge Fate/stay night fan, I even got the visual novel on here but I never finished it lol. I finished reading all of the fate/zero novels as well. I guess some of the parts explaining characters and back grounds could be a little dull to someone though.

HOTD is funny as hell since I'm pretty sure the guy who did it was a hentai artist so thats why it's the way it is.

PeaTear_Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:38 PM   #50 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaTear_Griffin View Post
Fate/Zero was slow? I'm a huge Fate/stay night fan, I even got the visual novel on here but I never finished it lol. I finished reading all of the fate/zero novels as well. I guess some of the parts explaining characters and back grounds could be a little dull to someone though.

I thought it was. Most of season 1 was talk talk talk. Mostly going into the back story and the characters. I can only remember 2 or 3 episodes that actually had some action in them. I'm holding out for season 2 to see if it gets better. Don't get me wrong, Season 1 wasn't horrible. I just need a little bit more pew pew in my anime.

The studio behind HOTD also did Black Lagoon and Claymore. Did not know that.

Last edited by CCM Photographer; 04-29-2012 at 01:41 PM.

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat