mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 02-03-2014, 03:07 AM   #731 (permalink)
A pretty good guy

^ I'd watch that

Let it start in freshman HS year then senior year is when they make a run for pro status & World Cup but fail, however ranking in the top 10 spot then onto college and they get their second shot whilst being offered small sponsorship
karni-collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:36 AM   #732 (permalink)
Four-eyed Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mstrtal View Post
You forgot the little sister with the brocon and the childhood friend with the secret crush. Childhood friend can either be the "wife" type who is constantly looking out for him, making him lunch and denies having a thing for him or a total tsundere and constantly abuses him.
Good call! I may be slipping...

I'm thinking the childhood friend should look a lot like Aki Hinata in the episode where she is a teenager (see Sgt Frog). Totally feeling a "wife" type vibe for this.

Unfortunately, Japan has some odd laws regarding paintball. Max FPS is 177! Unless you are on a U.S. military base - maybe the team will have to schmooze a U.S. Military... AH-HAH!!!! The Tough, hot, Über-talented chick could be the daughter U.S. Marine (stationed in Japan with a Japanese wife) Gotta love a trans-oceanic plot twist...

There will also have to be a doughy math teacher to sponsor the team. Maybe a closet gun freak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karni-collector View Post
Let it start in freshman HS year then senior year is when they make a run for pro status & World Cup but fail, however ranking in the top 10 spot then onto college and they get their second shot whilst being offered small sponsorship
Yes. That is a very "Anime" story arc. I like it.

We'll start with a weekly manga, then make the Anime where we change a few important points. "Paintball High" would be the run up to the All-Nippon Paintball Cup, and "Paintball High GT" will be the run up to the World Cup. It pretty much writes itself.

I cannot help but chuckle while reading and writing this stuff.

Last edited by ironnerd88; 02-03-2014 at 10:38 AM.
ironnerd88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:57 AM   #733 (permalink)
MCB Member

^love it!!!
Old 02-03-2014, 01:04 PM   #734 (permalink)

I'm already liking it and there's nothing yet... The only character missing is the guy that sucks at everything except paintball and is a late addition to the team after losing at world cup "Paintball High GT".
warzone1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:28 PM   #735 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironnerd88 View Post
GAGH! Live action Ghost in the Shell... Shiro sold out a while ago. He stopped being GREAT once he made the first GitS.

Y'know, amine is odd. I have actually sat down and watched Anime about GOLF... and it was good! They also have anime about Tennis, Ping-Pong (Ping-Pong club was AWESOME), and other sports.

Why no paintball anime? Young nerdy loser kid discovers his one useful talent in life is playing paintball. He joins a motley crew of a Perky nerd girl, hot angry girl (the best player on the team), dark and brooding guy, and a VERY pretty boy (the leader) and they play in a high-school tournament series and eventually - through hard work, sacrifice, some inexplicable coincidences, pure luck, indomitable spirit, and shear pluckiness manage to come in second.

Did I miss anything?
is this autobiographical?
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:38 PM   #736 (permalink)
Four-eyed Freak

Sadly no. The Iron Nerds (formerly the Four Eyed Freaks) had no girls, or any players of particular talent. Even worse, we were marginal on "pluck".
Although we had one member of the team who ended up shooting every one of us in a single game. He thought he had flanked the other team and wiped us out. We called him "The Slayer" (oddly enough, a nice Old-School anime...)
http://www.animeresimleri.com/data/m...7/slayers2.jpg
Old 02-03-2014, 11:57 PM   #737 (permalink)
Sugar Loaded Candy Cane!

Send a message via AIM to Mstrtal Send a message via Yahoo to Mstrtal

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
As mentioned above paintball would likely never fly but sadly airsoft would.

Bedknobs and Boomsticks!

Originally Posted by commandoman
Kick back and enjoy the atmosphere, sexy girls at my school keep me sane through the worst lectures by the worst professors

Mstrtal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:02 AM   #738 (permalink)
MCB Baghead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mstrtal View Post
As mentioned above paintball would likely never fly but sadly airsoft would.
Isn't C3-Bu already established though?
Old 02-04-2014, 07:08 PM   #739 (permalink)
Four-eyed Freak

It's weird that paintball would not fly as an anime. These are the same folks who created Gundam, Riding Bean and Gunsmith Cats, Attack on Titan, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Strike Witches, and the entire genre of "naughty tentacles". I mean... reality?

Besides, there have been anime based in the U.S. Not that I am going to run out an write "Paintball High" (although I do no artists and voice actors...). Still I would totally watch it.

For now, however, I'm going to go back to watching Squid Girl with my daughters.

Last edited by ironnerd88; 02-05-2014 at 06:19 AM.
ironnerd88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:57 PM   #740 (permalink)
Son of War

Having fun this season

Also, D-Frag is pretty funny
Donut SD is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat