mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2012, 02:10 AM   #81 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.
 
Donut SD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SoCal, USA

Ergo proxy was a good ride. I sat all the way through that one and enjoyed it. It has a good mix of steampunk / cyberpunk type world. Throw some conspiracy and moral issues in there and you're good. The ending I won't comment on until you've seen it.
Donut SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:57 AM   #82 (permalink)
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010

thank you guys for giving me new info to the new anime that has come out. its been years since i last saw some. any other recommendations for an old viewer?
slingshotted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:57 AM   #83 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.
 
Donut SD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SoCal, USA

Reviving this one for the moment, I've always loved Production IG and the work they put out. I'll be catching this one eventually.

Blood-C: The Last Dark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTfUWZr9rog

Why not. that's the question for those that have a soft spot for anime still.

Back to my regularly scheduled night-time watching...
Donut SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:02 AM   #84 (permalink)
Pump Dinosaur
 
Stitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: in a van, by the river

AnimeExpo in 7 days =P

talk about another expensive hobby =/
__________________
Stitch FC
www.final-chapter.org

my mcb feedback
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:28 AM   #85 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.
 
Donut SD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SoCal, USA

Wish I could hit one up. Never been.
Donut SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:41 PM   #86 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
CCM Photographer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut SD View Post
Reviving this one for the moment, I've always loved Production IG and the work they put out. I'll be catching this one eventually.

Blood-C: The Last Dark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTfUWZr9rog

Why not. that's the question for those that have a soft spot for anime still.

Back to my regularly scheduled night-time watching...
Don't want to spoil it by watching. How was it?

I just finished the Marvel Anime: X-Men. It was a little disappointing.
CCM Photographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:00 PM   #87 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.
 
Donut SD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SoCal, USA

Its the first 8 minutes. A teaser for the release. I can't wait to see it stateside. I'm not a vampire kinda guy but the blood series was hit or miss for me. Kinda couldn't get into it. But this latest movie looks great. Be warned, even though this was made before the Florida face chew fest, I thought it would be a great reference to it lol. That'll be the only spoiler I give up :P give it a look
Donut SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:43 PM   #88 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
CCM Photographer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut SD View Post
Its the first 8 minutes. A teaser for the release. I can't wait to see it stateside. I'm not a vampire kinda guy but the blood series was hit or miss for me. Kinda couldn't get into it. But this latest movie looks great. Be warned, even though this was made before the Florida face chew fest, I thought it would be a great reference to it lol. That'll be the only spoiler I give up :P give it a look
Saw the animated and live action Blood movies. They were ok. The Blood+ series I'm still watching but so far I'm on the fence. That Blood C sure looks good though. Gotta add that to my list along with Roberta's Blood Trail.

One thing I don't understand though, the movies call the creatures Vampires but the Blood+ series constantly makes them out to be demons. So, which is it?
CCM Photographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:56 PM   #89 (permalink)
Barned
 
Bloop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver, BC

Wow, me no understand hao we has big anime communiteez? jkjk I like the osamu tezuka animes, astroboy, black jack, more black jack, black jack...[I think I have a Black Jack obsession] and there was this one prison anime that I can't bring to mind. About these people who live in a private prison....oh yeah it's called 'deadman wonderland'. It's very neat......and oh, of course naruto..I enjoy that anime but I've caught up with it and have ended up reading the manga instead.
__________________
AG1ngerwithagun on Xbox live, add me as a friend if you want to play together!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:45 PM   #90 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.
 
Donut SD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SoCal, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM Photographer View Post
Saw the animated and live action Blood movies. They were ok. The Blood+ series I'm still watching but so far I'm on the fence. That Blood C sure looks good though. Gotta add that to my list along with Roberta's Blood Trail.

One thing I don't understand though, the movies call the creatures Vampires but the Blood+ series constantly makes them out to be demons. So, which is it?
I struggled with that too. Wish someone would make up their mind. I'm gonna go with demons because vampires are charismatic. The monsters in the blood series tend to be mindless killers
Donut SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC