mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:11 AM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

As much as I would like to see Phoenix in the finals just for the sake of the franchise, I just don't see them beating the Kings. As evidence, last night. The Kings really seem to be hitting their stride at the perfect moment, dispatching the #1 and #2 seeds in a combined 9 games. That is just incredible. I'm guessing a 5-6 game series.

In the East, I feel like the Rangers should win. But they've come off of two 7 game series against teams that they should have beaten as well. I feel like this is going to be more about who loses, rather than who wins.
I do custom 3D printing and design work. PM me for inquiries.

Mission Masters
My Feedback
Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:50 AM   #12 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

I was at the game last night and I hope it didn't look that ugly on TV. The Kings looked like they were forechecking 2 hard, just like NJ did to beat the Flyers. That game should have been 7-0, but it could just have easily been 3-3 and gone to OT. PHX couldn't get past the forecheck consistently, couldn't pass in the neutral zone, and wouldn't shoot in the offensive zone. Period 2 started well as they probably got chewed up on those points, but it didn't stay that way. 16-4 first period shots, as I saw it on the arena scoreboard, will not get you a win any time soon.

Had some great seats though. While it was frustrating at times, they were still in it til the end, so it was very exciting.

Just saw this on SBnation.com:

Sorry Mel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
I really like the picture posts, because I don't understand most of the word posts.
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
Bruins World Order

I lol'd so hard^

But I wanna see Thornton win a cup with the Sharks. They're usually my West team
Seconded. Hence forth this is to be the official nomenclature of marker sales. Violators will be violated.
StJimmy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:25 AM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

Anyone else feel like the Coyotes are done after last night? Complete loss of composure. They are being outplayed in just about every way. Taking bad penalties and possibly suspensions.

Mission Masters
My Feedback
Old 05-16-2012, 10:51 AM   #15 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson View Post
Anyone else feel like the Coyotes are done after last night? Complete loss of composure. They are being outplayed in just about every way. Taking bad penalties and possibly suspensions.
I didn't have the chance to watch the whole thing, but I got that feeling when the score went 2-0 yesterday. Bummer too, but at least I can say that they had a pretty good run and even getting swept wouldn't be a unique situation against the Kings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
I really like the picture posts, because I don't understand most of the word posts.
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:12 PM   #16 (permalink)
Jack Wagon!

Quote:
They look like the Pens against Philly. Just not able to take things to that next level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Be4life182 View Post
ill gats pwn nubs n give mE pwners?
d4rksabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:55 PM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rksabre View Post
They look like the Pens against Philly. Just not able to take things to that next level.
Exactly. Playing on their heels, making mistakes, unable to take it to the next level, taking bad penalties, not killing those penalties, playing undisciplined hockey. It's exactly what the Pens did.

Mission Masters
My Feedback
Old 05-16-2012, 03:25 PM   #18 (permalink)
Jack Wagon!

Quote:
Exactly. Playing on their heels, making mistakes, unable to take it to the next level, taking bad penalties, not killing those penalties, playing undisciplined hockey. It's exactly what the Pens did.
At least we sort of expected that from the Coyotes. Just surprised it took this long to happen. But I guess when the only offensively talented team they played prior to LA was Chicago without Hossa, then it's hard to really judge just how good the Yotes really are.

LA has proven that any scheme can be overcome with a relentless forecheck. Riding Mike Smith was only going to take Phoenix so far.

That said, it's only been two games. But Phoenix coming back from this just seems...unlikely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Be4life182 View Post
ill gats pwn nubs n give mE pwners?
d4rksabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:57 AM   #19 (permalink)
Fantasy Hockey Chump

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
RTP Fan
I really felt like the Rangers dominated most of play last night but the Devils got their chances and got some funny tips that went their way. This is a fun series to watch.

My MCB Feedback
Long Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:27 AM   #20 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Beard View Post
I really felt like the Rangers dominated most of play last night but the Devils got their chances and got some funny tips that went their way. This is a fun series to watch.
What about that Rangers first goal? Flukey as all get out. Ricochet off a leg, off the end boards, off the back of Marty's leg and in.

Mission Masters
My Feedback

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat