mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:11 AM   #71 (permalink)
Sailor by choice

Send a message via AIM to shoot to thrill

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyorigin View Post
I couldn't find what the snake skins are on thier site? What are they? I like their hammocks but they don't have any 7' models with the side entry. I like the side entry system. I am 6'1 so i need a longer tent.
Snake skins are just pretty much a condom that rolls up at each end, so you slide them down over the hammock while it's still strung up and boom ready to drop in the big. The bottom entry is pretty nice in my book, just swing your legs up and in and the thing closes itself.

Just looked at the site, snakeskins are under accessories.

Edit2: explorer deluxe is designed for people over 6 feet and soles in side zip.

MCB Feedback

New England Waterman, a nautical life

New England Waterman Photography

Last edited by shoot to thrill; 05-30-2012 at 08:15 AM.
shoot to thrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:42 PM   #72 (permalink)
Bruins World Order

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kill-n-spree View Post
Sounds like there are a whole bunch of haters in here. Why judge someone else. I don't go out to the woods and see all the tent campers and guys in hammocks and say "man there sure are alot of broke *** homeless folk in the woods today" Worry about yourself and don't hate on your neighbor because he has more then you. Life is what you make of it. When I was younger I was more then happy sleeping in a tent and driving a crappy car. Those days are over and I enjoy having the things I have worked so hard for. That said I also enjoy shooting stock class , at machine gun pumps , electro laser gun and everything in between.
I'll ask my girlfriend about some sand removal methods for ya. It's nothing to do with "what we have". I drive a $31k car, I'm in the process of owning a home and I'm only 20. It's the difference between taking a bus-house with you and y'know...going out into nature and camping.
Seconded. Hence forth this is to be the official nomenclature of marker sales. Violators will be violated.
StJimmy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:58 PM   #73 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoot to thrill View Post
Snake skins are just pretty much a condom that rolls up at each end, so you slide them down over the hammock while it's still strung up and boom ready to drop in the big. The bottom entry is pretty nice in my book, just swing your legs up and in and the thing closes itself.

Just looked at the site, snakeskins are under accessories.

Edit2: explorer deluxe is designed for people over 6 feet and soles in side zip.
I think there was one on their site but it was back ordered. I will look again. I am finding mixed reviews on the Lawson one I was thinking about. I will find something soon hopefully, camping again in July, but hopefully sooner too.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:38 PM   #74 (permalink)
old but still playing

Send a message via MSN to Ranger 53

I have a 1972 triple E motorhome and bought it 3 years ago because I couldn't get up in the morning after sleeping on the ground. But still camp every chance I get at Indian Graves free camping south of Calgary in the beutiful foothills of the rockies.
Ranger 53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:50 AM   #75 (permalink)
Happy and homeless

Send a message via Skype™ to sparky

My little home away from home. I use a one man Big Agnes SL 1 tent for when I'm on a bike touring around. I laugh at all you weaklings that use motors to power your self to camp areas (including those who drive a car to a lake with the boat/kayak to go camping).

Also, I actually live out of this tent for the time being. It's sweet minus experiencing the largest rainstorms southeastern Australia had in 17 years in this tent.
Vagabond living on the side of the road in East Asia.
sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:02 AM   #76 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Also, I actually live out of this tent for the time being.
we're talking about camping, not being homeless
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:09 AM   #77 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b5...s/IMG_9118.jpg

My little home away from home. I use a one man Big Agnes SL 1 tent for when I'm on a bike touring around. I laugh at all you weaklings that use motors to power your self to camp areas (including those who drive a car to a lake with the boat/kayak to go camping).

Also, I actually live out of this tent for the time being. It's sweet minus experiencing the largest rainstorms southeastern Australia had in 17 years in this tent.
Sparky, you have cajones the size of watermelons man. I've always wanted to visit the outback, but id never live in it. It seems like everything out there can kill you.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:32 AM   #78 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
I laugh at all you weaklings that use motors to power your self to camp areas (including those who drive a car to a lake with the boat/kayak to go camping).
Yeah, but you're still using wheels to get there...

Try hiking two or three days to get to the "campsite" that you're actually going to 'stay' at for a full night before heading back home. And do it across trails that clock five times the distance in the vertical as in the horizontal...

I'm starting to remember why I haven't gone camping in the better part of a decade. But I will admit to being more than a little jealous of guys who manage to time time for things like bike tours. But I am planning four weeks in BC for a mixed vacation. Staying with friends and family, with random camping trips spread throughout.

I really should start looking at options for a shelter. I really want a hammock style tent, but a friend expressed interested in sharing a tent for the trip. And she isn't the kind of friend you say no to on a subject like that.
Luckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:09 AM   #79 (permalink)
Bruins World Order

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckless View Post
she
Get the tent bro.
Seconded. Hence forth this is to be the official nomenclature of marker sales. Violators will be violated.
StJimmy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:50 AM   #80 (permalink)
Happy and homeless

Send a message via Skype™ to sparky

Luckless, I highly recommend forgetting all but one of your sleeping bags. Except if your near Mar. He likes a good snuggle here and there.

heinous: You made my day. Your welcome to join me in my little homeless shelter, eat a can on beans by the railroad track and come into my sleeping bag. Naked.
Vagabond living on the side of the road in East Asia.

Last edited by sparky; 06-03-2012 at 04:54 AM.
sparky is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat