mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 08-01-2006, 05:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Any fishing Enthusiats in L.A.

buddy and i are taking his family's boat out for a day of fishing soon. they usually just go out and cruise and such. first time using it for fishing. we are going out of his slip at marina del rey or whatever area that is south of Redondo. we have no clue where to go except off the Palos Verdes point or around there. only place i've ever been too.
Any of you guys have any idea on where else to try that doesn't require a long trek? we aren't ubber fisherman as you can tell. Prolly just bottom fishing. i'm sure more drinking than fishing will happen.
earonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 05:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Electros Have No Soul

There are hundreds, if not thousands, of places to fish off the coast if you have a boat. It really depends on what you're fishing for.

The Palos Verdes peninsula is usually good fishing, the most popular locations seem to be near Bluff Cove and Launada Bay, just outside of the kelp beds.

If you're leaving out of Marina del Rey and you're looking for something closer, there's a spot about a mile off shore of Dockwilder state beach (right under the LAX flightpath) that's also supposed to be good.

But the tried and true method of finding a good fishing spot is the same as it is anywhere: ask the guy at the bait shop.

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat