mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 06-11-2012, 01:57 PM   #21 (permalink)
Post Whore

my pops been there and saw all sorts of things if your looking to go to that place look up the Anthony Bourdain no reservations show he did show on that place also Andrew Zimmerman did one too. there lots cool stuff to see there just keep in mind if go off beat path will be hard for people understand you.
chrislognshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:03 PM   #22 (permalink)
Waiting on GoD.

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
I know some that did the beach/jungle combination vs my city/jungle combination. I understand beaches are very nice but I cant speak directly to that. How good is your spanish? Prices are very affordable but if your spanish is non-existent folks will try to take advantage of you.... lol especially if you "look" like you cant speak spanish and cant understand the "background" conversations. then again that is common when you go to any tourist-focused country/region.

The food is so fresh. So good. Coffee is excellent. the people are pleasant. The air so clean in the jungle. Its almost like a natural high lol. but you will also have to bring rain weather gear - of course.

Also, please be warned that citizens of USA have to pay a departure tax... so dont go spending all of your monies...lol I think it was $75USD at the airport.... I could be wrong but its either $75 or 50....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbthebenji View Post
I guess we were thinking more about a beach resort, but I wouldn't mind doing a couple days in the jungle if there were some really cool sites to see.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:19 PM   #23 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
Palmers Fan
I've been to Thailand, but only Bangkok. Crowded and dirty were my only impressions.

Feedback
tarakian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:31 PM   #24 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarakian View Post
I've been to Thailand, but only Bangkok. Crowded and dirty were my only impressions.
Right, but if his honeymoon is there, think of the delivery he has at his disposal when he gets back.

"We went to Bangkok .............. to Bangkok."

*ducks as various vegetables are chucked in my general direction*

Jaccen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #25 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Costa Rica hands down. Relatively affordable and there's no shortage of things to do/see. For the $ it can't be beat.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:55 PM   #26 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue119 View Post
I second Australia and New Zealand but I would not do it in Aug. They are having their winter there.

Spain is nice too but really hot.

New Zealand is my favorite country
But Barcelona is my favorite city
True for NZ, but Oz is a big *** place, should still be plenty warm in the Northern States.
I'd suggest somewhere in the Pacific like Rarotonga (Cook Islands) went there for mine, a shot from our bungalow balcony.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:58 PM   #27 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3adpool View Post
Also, please be warned that citizens of USA have to pay a departure tax... so dont go spending all of your monies...lol I think it was $75USD at the airport.... I could be wrong but its either $75 or 50....
LOL yeah...we were leaving and couldn't believe it. "We have to pay you to leave this wonderful place?!"
Old 06-11-2012, 10:26 PM   #28 (permalink)
Lost the Daylight

Send a message via ICQ to Listessa Send a message via AIM to Listessa Send a message via MSN to Listessa Send a message via Yahoo to Listessa

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonweasel View Post
True for NZ, but Oz is a big *** place, should still be plenty warm in the Northern States.
I'd suggest somewhere in the Pacific like Rarotonga (Cook Islands) went there for mine, a shot from our bungalow balcony.
http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/8329/80428051.jpg
You guys have a strange sense of cold... when I was there, even in NZ, I was fine in jeans and raincoat.

I have ALWAYS wanted to go to the Cook Islands. That looks awesome.

Facilis est Descensus Averni.
<--Click to descend to my feedback.
NO'MAAM #2"National Organization Members Against AGG Metrosexuals" Rouge Cell #3
Listessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:27 PM   #29 (permalink)
I am not a macodomy!!

I'll second Hooligans recommendation for a Couples resort in Jamaica. Went last year to Couples Tower Isle for our honeymoon and it was fantastic, greet you right off the bus at the front door with a rum punch and a cold towel. And even better when you get through customs and head over to the Couples resort bus area they have a bar with Redstripe on tab. Nothing llike getting off the play to free beer while you wait for your bus. The resort and from what I have heard from others about Couples other 3 resorts in Jamaica that customer service is first class. Everyone from the hostess to the cleaners to the grounds keepers are over the top nice to you. They are all all-inclusive and you don't need an armband or your room card or credit card to eat or drink, not that that's a big hassle but hey your on vacation who needs that. All 4 resorts will be well within you price range with travel too and like Hooligan said couples is for couples only, no drunk frat boys or kids running around harshing your drunken stooper. Planning on heading back to their Swept Away or San Sousi resort next year hopefully.
[IMG][/IMG] Nuff said!
caplucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:00 PM   #30 (permalink)

My wife and I just got back from our honeymoon in Marrakech, Morocco and we both loved it. The dollar goes a long way over there, so once airfare is handled (that's the big expense) everything else was very reasonable.

There is a lot to do in the city, and even more outside, and it's definitely very different from any place I've been before. It's a tourist (and American) friendly city, and even though it was strange and adventurous we never felt unsafe.

We highly recommend it!
DevilMayCare is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat