mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:07 PM   #21 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
I have a dog for this reason. If they want to break into my house and anger my dog, they would be better off if i was there because I would end it quick, the dog likes to drag things on and really abuse things he plays with. Plus, I personally would rather just be shot than mauled by a large angry dog, I know how he can hurt my arms when playing tug-o-war, if my arm was in his mouth it would not last long.

Home defense and a best friend, how can you go wrong.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:19 PM   #22 (permalink)
no, I'M sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyorigin View Post
Home defense and a best friend, how can you go wrong.
my friend's dog got poisoned.

pile of poo, HARD MODE, automag pistol---S.P.E.W.II---What if this hurts me?---No, I'M sorry.---Semiautomatic Nelspot 007!---Decay of Nations 4
Camp Pendleton meetup 2010---Watch me fail at pump!---Clareball 2010 vid!---MCB Stock Class Meet!---HELMETCAM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
Before the first day Velcor said let there be Heinous and it was true. And then Heinous said "Let there be God" and it was true. And it was good
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:25 PM   #23 (permalink)
Still itching from LLV

Unfortunately something that was at one time reasonable like, shooting an intruder in your home, has become legally dangerous because of people who aren't level headed or consider the consequences of their actions. Now you have to check boxes in your head and make sure you are legally safe in shooting someone in self-defense. In the end, if you were really in a fight for your life, you wouldn't be worrying about the details, you'd be fighting to stay alive.
jarhead_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:26 PM   #24 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
my friend's dog got poisoned.
I would then seek out the culprit and return the favor. That definetly happens but generally if someone is casing your house to rob it, and they see a large scary dog, they will move onto another location unless you have something they really want very badly, enough to risk having their limbs treated like chew toys.

I live in an area with little to no home robberies so i am lucky, plus my neighbors keep an eye out and i do the same. I thought I heard an alarm in my neighbors garage so i walked over there with a machete, I was in my garage. Turns out the ole lady was just burning something in our house and the smoke alarm was going off. It echoed off their garage and sounded like it was coming from there.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:32 PM   #25 (permalink)
no, I'M sorry

Quote:
I would then seek out the culprit and return the favor.
good luck

pile of poo, HARD MODE, automag pistol---S.P.E.W.II---What if this hurts me?---No, I'M sorry.---Semiautomatic Nelspot 007!---Decay of Nations 4
Camp Pendleton meetup 2010---Watch me fail at pump!---Clareball 2010 vid!---MCB Stock Class Meet!---HELMETCAM!
Quote:
Before the first day Velcor said let there be Heinous and it was true. And then Heinous said "Let there be God" and it was true. And it was good
Old 06-18-2012, 10:38 PM   #26 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
I would then seek out the culprit and return the favor. That definetly happens but generally if someone is casing your house to rob it, and they see a large scary dog, they will move onto another location unless you have something they really want very badly, enough to risk having their limbs treated like chew toys.

I live in an area with little to no home robberies so i am lucky, plus my neighbors keep an eye out and i do the same. I thought I heard an alarm in my neighbors garage so i walked over there with a machete, I was in my garage. Turns out the ole lady was just burning something in our house and the smoke alarm was going off. It echoed off their garage and sounded like it was coming from there.
Yep, as I mentioned earlier most thieving scumbags pick targets of oppurtunity. They want the quickest score possible. Don't show off your posessions. When you buy that new 65" tv break down the box before sticking it out to the curb, etc.

I also have a large dog. A 120lb GSD to be specific. Occasionally we used to have a corrections lady show up with a county clean up crew. She'd give him treats and talk to him while we were outside but the inmates wouldn't take their eyes off of him lol.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:47 PM   #27 (permalink)
no, I'M sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Yep, as I mentioned earlier most thieving scumbags pick targets of oppurtunity. They want the quickest score possible. Don't show off your posessions. When you buy that new 65" tv break down the box before sticking it out to the curb, etc.

I also have a large dog. A 120lb GSD to be specific. Occasionally we used to have a corrections lady show up with a county clean up crew. She'd give him treats and talk to him while we were outside but the inmates wouldn't take their eyes off of him lol.
then the corrections lady is the most likely culprit to break into your house.

i think there was a mythbuster episode where they got guard dogs to stand down by throwing them chunks of raw meat.

ah, here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntY7vf5X87k

Quote:
Old 06-18-2012, 10:57 PM   #28 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
There is definetly ways around a dog, just like any security device, they all have a weakness, but i like a dog as a deterrent because they are a good companion and there are a lot of people out there who are terrified of dogs. I bet if you asked a criminal would they be more afraid of an alarm or a 70lb pitbull (my dog)? I bet most if not all would say the dog, because the dog doesn't take 20 minutes to kick in and work (waiting for cops to arrive, if they do at all).

I once saw a carload of people who were terrified of my mothers Italian Greyhound, if you don't know what that is, imagine a 10lb greyhound.

If dogs aren't your thing, I recommend a great big Bengal tiger.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:58 PM   #29 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
then the corrections lady is the most likely culprit to break into your house.

i think there was a mythbuster episode where they got guard dogs to stand down by throwing them chunks of raw meat.

ah, here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntY7vf5X87k
I'm not interested in the hypothetical "what ifs" game. I can assure you despite what Mythbusters may have shown when it comes down to a stranger throwing some meat and protecting my wife and kids the the meat the dog chooses won't be from a dead animal.

The corrections lady can break in all she wants, I haven't lived there in over a year. If she had, it wouldn't have been a good life choice for her either.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:22 AM   #30 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Dogs are good for one major thing. They can detect a threat long before you become aware of it. Their usefulness ends there. You need guns, a plan, and people to handle that threat. This is the opinion of a former customer of mine. He's a Vietnam Vet and was a dog handler over there.
Best time to take a dump is when on the phone with tech/ customer service.Also when they say something like "This call may be recorded. . . " I always tell them I hope so and proceed to enjoy my bowel movement.

My feedback

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
PATCHEZ is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat