mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 06-19-2012, 12:27 PM   #41 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
The idea of the cameras is good if you want to know how many there are, and whereabouts they are. You don't want to use the phone with a mount on the barrel to see if you are going to shoot them from around the corner. So something like has been suggested, you have your phones charged up at night, I always connect my phone to charge at night, just in case, and you make sure that you call out that you are contacting the police and are armed. The first part may be enough to get them to leave and only take a few things. The second part will most likely get them to get the hell out. Most thieves aren't looking for a physical confrontation as well.

The cameras are going to be handy, especially with the DVR or whatever you have for recording, for showing the individual, or individuals, coming in, and going after your things. Don't plan on going after them to get them for breaking into your home. In many areas, and I suggest that you check your local laws, and talk to an attorney, it may end up being more costly to you, the victim, than anything else.
No Mercy Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:40 PM   #42 (permalink)
tea, a cause and effect

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder View Post
Magoo - how we going to revolt - they won't let us have guns! Maybe a strongly worded letter and some heavy tutting.
the southerners showed us what to do last year
So long as its under 18 and over 8 I dont care what it is really...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironchef97 View Post
Oh boy...I love wood!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
well - just like my sex life, I have taken matters into my own hands:
chadders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:49 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaccen View Post
All of this is only a problem if they find the body.

Have they outlawed pig farms in England?
Pig farms are miles away but the moors are only a couple of miles....
Cannon Fodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:58 PM   #44 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
i recall there's also an episode of "it takes a thief" where the thief manages to bypass the dogs simply by staying up high, such as climbing on fences and jumping onto ledges to directly reach the 2nd floor. if you've never seen the show, well that show is much less "hypothetical." the guy actually goes to rob houses, the catch being while the household agrees to it, they don't know when it happens. afterwards the meet with the household again and go over any noticeable points.
Yep, seen it. Wish it was still one. It was an interesting show. I do recall times he didn't break in due to dogs, and even one where he got inside and the dog ran out and took off (which got him busted when the neighbor saw the dog wandering). You're still talking "what ifs" which is pointless.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:01 PM   #45 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf425 View Post
No. Florida's Castle Doctrine ("Stand Your Ground Law") is two-fold: it protects you from criminal charges and, in the event that you are found covered under it, you are immune from civil charges from whoever you shot (or anyone representing them).
I suggest you read the statutes I linked. SYG is not a catch all, its all clearly spelled out there. There are definitely situations in which you can be clear of criminal charges and still face civil action. Immunity can be granted but its not a guarantee.

One needs to look no farther than the current case happening in Sanford to see the problems with the law and how its enforced. Public opinion is a powerful thing.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.

Last edited by Deuce; 06-19-2012 at 01:10 PM.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat