mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 06-20-2012, 05:55 PM   #41 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
Couldn't another risk be suffocation (I have no idea how long it would take), even if there wasn't dry ice? I ask because I wouldn't expect walk-in freezers to be bringing in very much outside air, and, specifically designed to keep warm air out (little to zero airflow in/out).
All the ones I've been around cycle air through a heat exchanger and dehumidifier, in part for safety reasons, but mostly for efficiency reasons of controlling as much of the air entering the chamber as possible. Basically the goal is to swap any moist air that enters when you open the door out with dry air that has passed through the dehumidifier. It is far easier on the system that way, and easier to keep clean. (condensation can do a number on a lot of things.)

But also, it takes a human awhile to go through a room full of air. You actually can't even use up all the O2 oddly enough. Your body will go into failure due to having to low a percentage to process vs the N2, CO2, and other gases. (The critters that digest your body afterward however, they'll clean up most of it if you're left there long enough. Then the critters that don't use O2 come out to play, and they add their own nasty aroma to the area.)
Luckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:47 PM   #42 (permalink)
Eating Iranian Happy Cake

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
they could have checked harder if the signal came from inside the fridge...

being stuck in a fridge is no fun. you'd be surprised how much force air pressure differences alone can produce to keep a door shut, and how fast the cold can sap your strength.
They only said it was triggered from the fridge. I don't know if the alarm system was able to pin point were it was triggered or not.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:50 PM   #43 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurotic Hapi Snak View Post
They only said it was triggered from the fridge. I don't know if the alarm system was able to pin point were it was triggered or not.
good point. if it's not the case then it would seem rather biased for them to word it this way.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:05 PM   #44 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckless View Post
The door could have been unlocked and even propped open slightly, and the results could have been the same.
Thats true. It reminded me of a sad story last month. 3 guys from the local Jeep club died when there Jeep got stuck in some mud. The tailpipe became clogged with mud, and this led to exhaust being fed into the cab.

All 3 died still in there seatbelts, and the windows WERE OPEN. It must have happened fast, or the early symptoms fogged up the brain to the point where they didn't notice.

That said, I used to work at a paintball field. We filled all the tanks indoors. Sometimes 200-300 co2 tanks filled chilled, emptied, and filled. Obviously not all at once, but there would have to be a certain point where the percentage of co2 was toxic?

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:47 PM   #45 (permalink)
Eating Iranian Happy Cake

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Old 06-21-2012, 01:05 AM   #46 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurotic Hapi Snak View Post
I doubt it was the case in the instance but many companies with larger freezers also have temp alarms to warn somebody before the food goes bad. With a power outage, who knows how many false alarms they had already been called on but that would be pure speculation.

If loud pipes save lives imagine what bright pink helmets could do.

my feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
K_Obeastly is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat