mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 06-20-2012, 01:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

Hell, I was on a dive with my college SCUBA club years ago, a group that I was totally comfortable with and trained alongside (half of us on that dive were in the same Rescue Diver class a few months prior)...and when we got to about 95' I turned around and my dive buddy was behind me, looking down at his gun, with it pointed square at my back from about 4' away.
I got a new buddy for the 2nd dive of the day.
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
Bruins World Order

AKA Fan
Hopefully he got the point of spear gun safety
Seconded. Hence forth this is to be the official nomenclature of marker sales. Violators will be violated.
StJimmy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

It would have been lucky if the spear had missed.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf425 View Post
Hell, I was on a dive with my college SCUBA club years ago, a group that I was totally comfortable with and trained alongside (half of us on that dive were in the same Rescue Diver class a few months prior)...and when we got to about 95' I turned around and my dive buddy was behind me, looking down at his gun, with it pointed square at my back from about 4' away.
I got a new buddy for the 2nd dive of the day.
Yikes

Though between the double 130s and steel BP, I think square in the back would be my first choice for where to take a spear if I had to pick.

Looking at the xray, it doesn't seem like the point made it all the way out the back of the skull. Must have made extraction even more exciting.
Air Power Vector... a MAN's gun....... A gun with a report loud enough that lesser players will pee themselves in fright at the massive concussion wave emmited by the stout thick walled barrel of DOOM. A paintball gun fit for Arnold in the original Terminator movie. A gun that'll pump up those pect's of yours to where women will swoon at the raw muscles you'll soon have.

Air Power Vector, for the man that has climbed to the peak and wants to look down on the beaten and defeated opponents left in his wake.
John Satclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:18 PM   #15 (permalink)
Pop-Up Ninja

I just don't trust most divers with spearguns. I've seen way too many who barely know how to use their required equipment; damn sure shouldn't be trying to use optional stuff at that point.

The most excitement I ever had as a result of an idiot with a speargun was a guy who didn't finish a triggerfish off with his knife before trying to string it. It took a plug about 1" across and .5" deep out of his forearm right through the wetsuit. I've never seen someone burn 2500psi off of a tank as instantly as he did; I had to buddy breathe him all the way from 80' to the surface.

I do have to give him props for not bolting straight up like most people would have if they were gushing a geyser of green blood at the bottom of the Gulf. He definitely kept his head in that regard.
Murf425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:27 PM   #16 (permalink)
The Game

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Load the speargun in the boat they said, it will be safe they said...

"I'm gonna be fine"...thats the spearit!
pirhana92 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat