mcarterbrown.com

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 06-27-2012, 03:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newbie in training

Printing PayPal USPS shipping labels is no longer a option for any sales

That's right, You have no longer have a choice but to use eBay to print shipping labels for USPS if you attempt to print your labels through Pay-Pal you will be redirected to eBay to purchase and print your labels regardless of your objections and concerns. I guess its welcome to the N.W.O of a eBay dictatorship.

Now I know their house their rules and that's fine, But where was the announcement notice, I guess they just forgot to inform us.

I can see them wanting to protect themselves to a potential law suit do to their now charging a fee on shipping, which they would have to repay if found guilty unless they provided the service to justify the charge and cost.

Nice try eBay but I'm not falling for it. eBay has not become to big to fail, mark my words? I get just as much as you offer plus more and much better service printing my labels through Pay-Pal I will continue to do so. It's called freedom of choice and I don't need a nanny who thinks they know whats best for me and my company.

For those of you still wishing to use Pay-Pal to print your labels there is a work around. Go to Pay-Pay click on multi-order shipping then click on the import button this will import all your eBay items you wish to print labels for. At the moment this still works.

It's amazing how easy it is for us to give up without a whimper our freedoms and privacy for a little covenant's.

By allowing eBay to print your off site sales labels you are opening your self to a whole future can of worms, you see not only do they know what you do on eBay but they also now have access to your other sales as well, your customers information as well along most like what they purchased, you can be sure that they will use this info as they seem fit for all kinds of things. perhaps even a future claim or claims against a questionable sale.
paintballarmsdealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:38 PM   #2 (permalink)

More voting with your wallet, less ranting on the interwebz.
DevilMayCare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

Uh... I don't actually see the change. I can still print a label directly from a non-ebay transaction. Are you SURE the switch (as announced on Ebay previously) wasn't to just force Ebay sales to print labels through Ebay (linked to Paypal)?

Either way, IDC. Ebay owns paypal so it's not like there's a real level of separation there anyway. The only way you could "give them theirs" is to just print from USPS online directly. I don't think you'll drive them out of business though as the rates are identical and I don't think they're currently getting much of a cut off of shipping labels.

Edit... Yeah, here's the quote from their email.

"The new PayPal shipping label tool supports label printing for eBay transactions. Users can continue to print their labels on the old flow for UPS shipments and off-eBay transactions. PayPal Multi Order Shipping (MOS) application is also available for the bulk label printing."

So really what you're saying is that you don't want Ebay to know about you printing labels for Ebay sales?

Another big driver for this I think is an underlying agreement with USPS. At least I suspect they've put something in place as the new integrated Ebay shipping system is supposed to be USPS only and it's actually supposed to be cheaper.
DIY Paintball Stuff!

Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum

Last edited by MaD; 06-27-2012 at 04:02 PM.
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

Ummm

I believe E-bay owns paypal so the worst that is happening is they are driving you to their own subsidiary.

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
I like Guns and Cigars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballarmsdealer View Post
For those of you still wishing to use Pay-Pal to print your labels there is a work around. Go to Pay-Pay click on multi-order shipping then click on the import button this will import all your eBay items you wish to print labels for. At the moment this still works.
I have been doing this for about a year or so for ALL transactions (Ebay, Paypal, etc.)
I see no change at all. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Ebay is not out to get you people. They are a company that needs to make money. You don't like it? Then stay away.

Otter Customs Paintball - - - - Straight Up Cigars - - - - My Feedback
maggot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
Made To

CCM Fan
I've printed out labels for non-ebay transactions and at the top of the label it says eBay.

How is this different?

Boston Creepers
MCB Feedback
tlane77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:14 AM   #7 (permalink)
www.tituspb.com

You can use USPS.com directly you know to buy and print postage.

Please donate to make a difference in my fathers life
Willing to be a 3rd party for shipments to Canada anywhere in the world just PM me.
Buy a Celanis Paintball Patch for a good cause
http://stationcaster.com/player_skin...=4751&f=855201 < Radio Ad
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus View Post
You can use USPS.com directly you know to buy and print postage.
^^^
This
Arson24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
Ham Fisted Goon

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
You can also go directly to the Post Office. If you luck out your Post office (like mine) has an Automated Postal Center (APC) which you can everything from the lobby and bypass all of the lines.

unless, of course, your not really a people person, have no car, or are afraid of leaving your house or your mom's basement...

Last edited by LFD92; 06-28-2012 at 02:16 PM.
LFD92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
I like Guns and Cigars.

Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFD92 View Post
You can also go directly to the Post Office. Ebay/Paypal charge you a higher rate for shipping than going directly to the Post Office.
It's actually quite the opposite. When using Paypal or USPS online, shipping is discounted AND you get free delivery confirmation.

Otter Customs Paintball - - - - Straight Up Cigars - - - - My Feedback
maggot is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat