mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 07-11-2012, 12:21 PM   #21 (permalink)
Go 'Hawks!

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
I had my wife send a gallon of Captain Morgan disguised in a large bottle of apple juice. It got there just fine. The same day my bro received a package from home with everything to make Irish Carbombs, none of it was disguised including the cans of Guiness.
We brought most of the squad in and killed it all off that night b/c there was always the threat of the unannounced "health and welfare". Were were supposed to have the next day off for vehicle maintenance so we thought we were solid. Wouldn't you know we ended up pulling an 18hr mounted OP with bubble guts and liquor ****s?
"Heyy.... Firs' Sarge.... Firs' Sarrrge.... Heyy.... You... Yer.... Yer ma' best friend... Ya know that? I lovvve ya man..."

Victis Honor

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Nemo Malus Felix
Hawkeye20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:26 PM   #22 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye20 View Post
"Heyy.... Firs' Sarge.... Firs' Sarrrge.... Heyy.... You... Yer.... Yer ma' best friend... Ya know that? I lovvve ya man..."
Nope, we weren't stupid. We stayed away from the higher ups. I did hear mutterings though that the CSM had a conniption fit when he went to leave his CHU one morning and knocked over a pyramid of guinness cans upon opening his door.

Coincidence?

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
$400 per 1000

smoke'em if you got'em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:28 PM   #23 (permalink)
Go 'Hawks!

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by stolz View Post
im in afghanistan right now
PMing you.

Also, I just did a huge update to the OP, including the most current list.

Victis Honor

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Nemo Malus Felix
Old 07-11-2012, 08:42 PM   #24 (permalink)
Semper Fi

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
one of my favs when i was out there: spaghettios

bonus points if you throw in a can opener.

worst thing to send: baby wipes

i traded a box of spaghettios for an xbox360 and games out there lol.

ANGELS FOR LIFE!!!
gainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:50 PM   #25 (permalink)
Go 'Hawks!

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
worst thing to send: baby wipes
Why?

Victis Honor

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Nemo Malus Felix
Old 07-11-2012, 09:19 PM   #26 (permalink)
on temporary hiatus

Because we get way too many baby wipes in boxes, and they don't work as well as you think they do, plus you smell like a baby's diaper. If you really want to send troops wipes, send them manly Hoo-Ahs! (non-scented baby wipes, in manly camo'd pouches... and they work better than baby wipes, believe me, they do)

The Crystal Light (and WalMart generic knockoffs) individual drink mix pouches for single water bottles are the utter best. Because even when you're issued the big liter and a half bottles, you can throw in a couple of pouches, and still get your hydration on with some flavor.

Books are also good, alcohol disguised as mouthwash (vodka is clear, add a little green food coloring and pour it back into a Listerine bottle), different flavors of Axe body spray (guys in battle rattle tend to stink, a little coverup goes a long way), Dinty Moore beef stew (and P-38 can openers... Dinty Moore is good cold, and everyone needs a P-38 in their wallet), games (not just plain old decks of cards, I still have like 6 brand new decks of Bicycle cards, but stuff like Munchkin, Fluxx, Zombie Dice, you know, small games that aren't hard to throw in your pack and easy to play), "adult entertainment material" (read between the lines, and hide it by burning it onto unlabeled CD/DVD-ROMs - everyone needs release every once in a while), and bicycle parts (seriously, me and my roommate got around post on bicycles we got locally for free, but needed my lady to send us new inner tubes and lights).

EDIT: And tampons and sanitary napkins. They're Aviation, the wife mentioned they would probably have females in the unit, and they'd probably like some fresh supplies when "Aunt Flo" comes to visit.

I can't dumb it down to your level because I'm scared of heights.

A shark is an animal that dies if it stops moving.

Check out my current sale and my feedback

Last edited by usagi_tetsu; 07-11-2012 at 09:24 PM.
usagi_tetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:27 PM   #27 (permalink)
Semper Fi

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye20 View Post
Why?
there are 30ft conex boxes sitting out there FULL of baby wipes. its all that people send. as a matter of fact, dont send any hygene products at all.

ANGELS FOR LIFE!!!
gainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:33 PM   #28 (permalink)
migrant bomb picking....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
there are 30ft conex boxes sitting out there FULL of baby wipes. its all that people send. as a matter of fact, dont send any hygene products at all.

YUP!

If it's going to an Aviation battalion they wont be needing hygiene products. Load that box up with GOOD high quality American tobacco products! I could get my hands on/barter/steal just about anything I needed in Afghanistan EXCEPT good cigarettes and dip! That's all a joe really needs!
Mr. Hick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:31 PM   #29 (permalink)
Eating Iranian Happy Cake

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Whiskey and spiced rum look just like original Listerine.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:51 AM   #30 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
I had my wife send a gallon of Captain Morgan disguised in a large bottle of apple juice. It got there just fine. The same day my bro received a package from home with everything to make Irish Carbombs, none of it was disguised including the cans of Guiness.
We brought most of the squad in and killed it all off that night b/c there was always the threat of the unannounced "health and welfare". Were were supposed to have the next day off for vehicle maintenance so we thought we were solid. Wouldn't you know we ended up pulling an 18hr mounted OP with bubble guts and liquor ****s?
haha oh man been there before, sounds like my 4th of july i flew into JAF to see the rest of my platoon and get my mail i had a bottle of everclear, I flew out that morning drunk as hell a for a few guys it was a pukefest. I always have clear booze in water bottles out in the open they never really think to check those.
stolz is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat