mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 07-13-2012, 08:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

hubert keller 5000$ hamburger yes 5k hamuburger

$5000 Hamburger at Fleur Las Vegas - Hubert Kellerís $5000 Hamburger - Delish.com

As this week's burger-heavy news has proven, what's more American than a hamburger? How about one that costs $5,000. Hubert Keller of Top Chef Masters and silver haired fame has reopened Fleur de Lys (now simply called Fleur) in Las Vegas' Mandalay Bay with one such burger on the bill of goods.

The restaurant boasts a luxurious and eclectic menu with items like Kushi Oysters, Diver Sea Scallops Borscht and, of course, the world's second most expensive hamburger. (The most expensive hamburger can also be found in Las Vegas at The Palms and is, in fact, a Carls Jr. burger paired with an extremely expensive bottle of Bordeaux, which sells for $6000).

The FleurBurger 5000, as it is called, consists of a Wagyu beef and foie gras burger patty topped with truffle sauce and shaved black truffles, served on a brioche truffle bun. Like its more pricey brethren at The Palms, the FleurBurger is served with a bottle of Bordeaux: a 1995 Chateau Petrus, which typically goes for about $2,500 a bottle. But that's not all! The wine is served in Ichendorf glasses, which you get to take home at the end of the meal. And in case you were worried that the receipt would not be enough proof for your buddies that you were able to spring for such a decadent meal, a certificate of authenticity will be mailed to your home. Which begs the question: doesn't that violate Vegas' sacred mantra, "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas?"
Photo Credits: Jess1820 / flickr, Jess1820 / flickr, Mandalay Bay, Mandalay Bay
chrislognshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

Anyone who would honestly spend 5K on a burger needs their head checked. Rich or not, this is a complete waste of resource and disgustingly flaunting.
punkncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

If I have a billion dollars why should spending $5000 on this burger bother me?
DevilMayCare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

I would imagine that unless you were a trust fund baby, that you don't come up with a billion dollars by stupidly spending $5000 on a hamburger. Even by any other means, decision making like that won't KEEP you a billionaire for long....

I would be inclined to say it had some value if they donated $4000 to a good charity with every purchase. THAT would make at least a little sense.
punkncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

They're only spending $2,500 on the burger - $2,500 for the Petrus is a decent deal, though the 1995 wouldn't be my first choice.
Air Power Vector... a MAN's gun....... A gun with a report loud enough that lesser players will pee themselves in fright at the massive concussion wave emmited by the stout thick walled barrel of DOOM. A paintball gun fit for Arnold in the original Terminator movie. A gun that'll pump up those pect's of yours to where women will swoon at the raw muscles you'll soon have.

Air Power Vector, for the man that has climbed to the peak and wants to look down on the beaten and defeated opponents left in his wake.
John Satclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech

Yep, if I were rich I'd totally hit that up. I love the ingredients, and the wine doesn't sound too shabby either
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
I hear Burger King is doing their own "$5,000 Burger" too.

CCM Photographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:19 PM   #8 (permalink)

^^^HA!!

FEEDBACK
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ht=%7BTOBEY%7D
{TOBEY} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

yes most of us think its waste of cash. but to some to have that many top quality items. its worth it. also look at all stuff he uses to make the meal they are not cheap and wine it self is top shelf. yes it way over priced. but to some it chance to eat and drink some most hard to get hold items or expensive items. also some people would have hard time trying to get all items too since so hard to get hold of them since do not have connection or know place locally to source items fresh for them. we live in life where someone will want to go out and treat them self or someone special once in awhile
chrislognshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 02:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislognshot View Post
yes most of us think its waste of cash. but to some to have that many top quality items. its worth it. also look at all stuff he uses to make the meal they are not cheap and wine it self is top shelf. yes it way over priced. but to some it chance to eat and drink some most hard to get hold items or expensive items. also some people would have hard time trying to get all items too since so hard to get hold of them since do not have connection or know place locally to source items fresh for them. we live in life where someone will want to go out and treat them self or someone special once in awhile
But not as a hamburger. I have tried pricey(like $20, nothing too crazy) hamburgers made with fancy ingredients(kobe beef,truffles, etc.), but they aren't as good tasting as your cheap burger made with basic ingredients. For me, grinding up expensive beef ruins what makes it good.

It's like making a solid gold paintball gun. It might be expensive and pretty, but it would be a terrible gun to use. It would be too heavy, the sear is going to wear out quickly, and don't trip because you would destroy it if dropped.

Hamburgers are a common man's food and thus taste best with common man ingredients.
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat